What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

B

BAKED_BEANZ

If you make decisions based on growing one seed, you have no business commenting on the line.

There is to much of that on these boards. Grow one seed and then bash a company. Grow up.

anyway no how ......... you can,t possibly make a decision based on one female , wether it be the best smoke you ever toked or the worst pos your ever seen .

not reopening a debate , cause its not even a debate .( i read all the after posts , i agree with this the most ) glad everyone moved on though and hugged it out .

i agree 111% lester

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if they still hold the c5 and a5 clones..if they don't that says it all to me...

If they knew what they were doing. . Why don't they offer the lines of old ..?

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Imo, honesty is the best policy.

As long as folks are honest about their numbers, lineages and growing practices. I would welcome their opinion.

Theres always gonna be haters, theres always gonna be fan people and theres always beef between the 2.

It does suck trying to weed through the bs to find honest reports tho.

LostTribe

Premium user

As long as folks are honest about their numbers, lineages and growing practices. I would welcome their opinion.

Theres always gonna be haters, theres always gonna be fan people and theres always beef between the 2.

Agree transparency is most important. I do agree that 1 seed is not enough for a true assessment on the overall quality of their product. I do plan to grab a whole pack of MLI. Miss that one and reports have said it remains the same old school genetics.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

it comes up from time to time this debate ,

logic tells me they must have all sorts of seeds of there old lines . so i,m not really working out why they would go backwards .

perhaps if another breeder took over , pretty easy to rectify and go back to old stock and search again .

there archive of the there old seeds , would be massive would,nt it ?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unfortunately. .breeders put themselves on mantles. ..once there up there it's hard for them to bring themselves down to earth. ..hiding there practice helps them maintain there opinion of themselves. .not many people are humble enough to admit they have lost there edge or even never deserved the edge they had at the time...breeding for preservation takes a real special person who is smart, honest and true to the game. .most of the time the people we buy seeds from are not as special as they like us to think..only the special breeders can maintain real status in this game. Unfortunately most are not smart enough and honesty is not the best policy when it comes to selling wares. .

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be so friggin easy just to S1 the old A5 or C5 clones,,,why has nobody done this,,,it would give Sensi the ability to make some serious NL5 x Haze fem seeds

Happy Times

Great point Shishk, sample size is super important when reporting results. If one can only pop a few beans, it's really different from being able to select from a big batch population. But I think it's still worth reporting the results, while mentioning the numbers.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Well if it is weird, at least I’m not alone in my weirdness. Which is cool.

Yes I'm guilty of keeping my packaging as well. Although I went to look at my Sensi packages and seem to have misplaced them.

I got to thinking about California Indica. That was a helluva plant! The orange smell and flavor was pretty intense. Great yielder and dense buds.

MLI will be next when I get around to it.

How was that hashplant bro?

Hey Lester. :wave:

Quick rundown from what I recall, for you and shishkaboy (and any others who're wondering):

The hashplant was great. I remember it fondly. Anticipation was greatest for Black D. I expected to be knocked on my ass by it. The hashplant did a better job of that. More variation in Black D than hashplant. Also found more stretch in Black D than expected. I felt Black D had a better smell and flavor - seemed more unique. Both produced keepers that could’ve been saved as mothers but I’ve always just popped beans, so nothing was saved; but beans were surely made.

The reason I probably long for Silver Pearl like I do is because it did live on. I had a couple friends, who unlike me, ran clones. They only had an interest in SP. So they received cuttings and selected from them. They ran a SP girl for almost fours years straight. It was a short stature fast finishing (they took it at 53 days) (almost) high yielding hot mamma. An awesome trippy ride. And I was fortunately in constant supply at no cost. They showed their appreciation very very generously.

I chocked on the prices back then, but found what I found to be worth it. This thread interests me because I’ve also wondered how things are these days.

MLI has my interest as well. Especially since it may be as it has always been.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I have a friend that just refuses to pop packs. He buys singles of many different things.

His logic is all those 1's add up...

and I cant really argue against him.

LostTribe

Premium user
I have a friend that just refuses to pop packs. He buys singles of many different things.

His logic is all those 1's add up...

and I cant really argue against him.

I also have a friend that only buys singles albeit 20 at a time.....

LostTribe

Premium user
The little sister is perking up and seems to be very similar to her more advanced sister. The other is sort of tweaking out and has slender leaves, the twins look very indica.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would be so friggin easy just to S1 the old A5 or C5 clones,,,why has nobody done this,,,it would give Sensi the ability to make some serious NL5 x Haze fem seeds

I highly doubt that Sensi has those two plants if Nev left with the entire library.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They were and still are (as far as I know) staples in North Holland,,, I've personally seen it in nearly every coffee shop in Rotterdam,,, when people want it in Amsterdam they can get it,,,damkrink seeds used them in there crosses many times,, I bet it's easily acquired in Amsterdam,, if Sensi don't have both that say a lot about there involvement nowadays

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have grown over the years sensi's, black dominca, as well as their jack herer..
both seed packs at least 8-10yrs old... our impressions

blackdom grew out about 1/2 the pack... don't remember how many ladies we got, but one was tall and lanky which we were told was the Ortega pheno.. think we ran em for 2 or 3runs and let it go... 'ok' weed' nothing special

jack herer- bought a pack of these after growing nirvana's knockoff 'jock horror' - the jock horror was by far the strongest/best weed we have ever grown..BUT.. being young and stupid, did not take any cuttings... went thru at least '2' add packs of jock but did not find that special lady... we then bought a pack of j.herer hoping to find something special... again grew out about 1/2 a pack, n found nothing remotely close to that special jock horror...

these grows were from years ago when sensi was suppose to be the shit... maybe it was/is for some people... wasn't for us...

TurboSmoker

I just dropped in a newer 5 pack of there feminized Sensi Star. Been reading some bad things about there newer seed packs but I picked them up locally so we will see how they go. All 5 germinated in the first 24 hours and we're just transplanted into pellets. I'll make a journal once everything gets going.

Latest posts

Latest posts