What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds - still good or are the rumors true??

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
have their prices dropped? first time i posted this they were astronomical

picture.php

Happy Times

I grew sensi's WW back in the day in late 90's early 2000's, seeds from mates visiting amsterdam twice, both times the plants from seeds were all like clones of each other. I still kick myself for loosing that mother. I grew Doublegum too and had two pheno's as described, bushier indica leaning that was pure pink bubblegum and a very quick flower and a sweet sativa hydrid pheno that was a week longer to flower and not as high yielding or vigorous or tasty.

Since 2012 I grew a few packs of their seed out, WW, Doublegum and superskunk. The superskunk were uniform and very true to skunk in form and leaf etc. They had a very pleasant orange cognac scent but the high was strong but anxious and not a warm high and I dropped them for that. The Doublegums were not like the ones of old, I got a beautiful sativa that I kept that is nothing like a bubblegum but a keeper nonetheless and another decent female that was quite bubblegummy in taste and scent but quite sativa and susceptible to mold and nothing like my old ones. The WW's are completely different to the ones of old. Different genetics, looks, scents, etc..The plants I got were quite fluffy but made decent buds, smaller calyx size, good and nice high and very high yielders, nice lemon and cream scent , excellent botritus resistance and they excelled one year I had them in a greenhouse. But they were completely nothing like the WW's I got twice from them many moons ago. Those old plants were so uniform from seed and monsters, the old gals had huge calyxs, resin through the roof, high was stupendous and narcotic and pinned you to the couch for the afternoon if you indulged too early, tasted like fruity menthol cough syrup..Anything you crossed it with became insta-dank..Oh the old white widow..Much danker stuff around these days but I'd love to get an old clone of an elite WW back. You won't find her in sensi's seeds. Nice to hear the have the maple leaf still though..

Apologies if I'm off here, I didn't think Sensi sold a white widow. White label line?

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Sensi is white label? 2011/12 were WL, correct. The ones though early 2000's were WL but the ones '99 were sensi, I remember the packaging, it was the first time we saw seed from a real seed bank..Even then the packaging was slick as they are now I'll give them that, when you get that little box of seed now it makes you feel good about laying the cash haha its just slick packaging but anyway. The 2003, I think, WL seed plants were like clones from seed plants of the '99 Sensi plants, when we picked mothers they were just random as the plants were all the monsters that looked like clones of them. I have pics of both still somewhere on a hard drive and they look like the same plants years apart and different seedlots. The 2012 WL's were something else. Doesn't even look like the same parent line is in there at all? Not bad plants at all and excellent mold resistance as said before, but the original WW's were beasts, nothing normal or "not bad" about them at all, they were like animals let out of a cage!

If I look at $eedfinder, 9 users give a review on the WL WW and they meet my descriptions of the later one, 9 users and all give one pheno, long, stretched, slowly blossoming, sativa-dominant Phenotype, and scent/flavour profile is listed as: Sweet; Floral; Sour; Citrus; Sweet Lemon; Spicy; Hot..
Mine (2012) were lemon, creams, sweet, spice maybe, nice high and strong high and seems on there that I was not the only one who noticed its excellent mold resistance..but it's not what it used to be..I'll guarantee you. I grew sensi WW in 2000, gave up that mom in 2003 when I went farming veggies and had to cull my moms then again 2003/4 got more seed because F it I missed that mom..and the 20 WL's I germed maybe gave me 12 females that were all just like the first mom. The hybrid then was indica leaning, the plants had thick stems, and huge wide hybrid leaves and would stretch for the sky and then bud in the fattest indica colas with huge calyx's and then squeeze resin everywhere, leaves would taco with resin to look like velcro like you see on OG and co..That was the first time I saw that in weed. That was the first weed I was satisfied to just smoke some trim. The "current" stock sold is sativa, smaller calyx's, like 1/3 of the size and resinous bud but trim not so much. Makes huge buds that were fluffy and a bit of a mission to trim but when you put them on a scale they are very impressive and a nice plants over all..but not the old stuff. The old one was dense colas and nugs with fat leaves and a sativa stretch and a vigor that you just wouldn't believe. When I went farming I snuck my WW mom with me, culled all the rest but couldn't let her go, hid her in some bushes in a 2gallon bubbler bucket with no power, in the bushes, and just topped up the water every now and again when I could sneak away to her..she died but it took a long time in that really crappy home, really tough manic hybrid she was.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
So I ended up grabbing 2 single Sensi Seeds Northern Light Fems. I normally dont do fems but also grabbed the HSO green crack and rather that throw a bunch of dough at a 10 pack I decided to try the fem's first.

So I popped the first seed which looked totally normal. 2 separate plants emerged from the single seed! So I popped the other seed too and it turned out normal. So right now I got 3 plants for the price of 2. Just hoping that I dont end up with a hermie situation on the twins...

LostTribe

Premium user
Hows that?! First time I've heard of it, you obviously been doing something right to get the freebies ;)

I have had a plant grow 2 stems off 1 root system but this one is different. I carefully removed the soil around them to find they each of their own root system and they were not attached to each other at all so I separated them and they are still going but at 1st node.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Anyone think its possible for one to be a male and the other a female?

Whatever happens you should keep them both and see if they are exactly the same or not.

Im in.

LostTribe

Premium user
Anyone think its possible for one to be a male and the other a female?

Whatever happens you should keep them both and see if they are exactly the same or not.

Im in.

Thats a good Idea. One is smaller but still growing normally. I popped all 3 in one cup but know which is which so will swap into single cups with markings.

They are fem seeds though so I suspect they are both going to be female....just my personal hypothesis.

Burt

Veteran
Closet breeders are the only ones who diss sense seeds IMO
They've gotten all of their parental stock from sensi and don't want you to do the same

bigbadbiddy

Closet breeders are the only ones who diss sense seeds IMO
They've gotten all of their parental stock from sensi and don't want you to do the same

You are way off brah.

Sensi just had what Nevil left them with after he exited the castle.
And they didn't take very good care of what he left them with.

Sensi is not "the source". They used to be when it was Nevil and Shanti running the show but that time has long passed.

@LostTribe
I have a twofer in my grow as well!
Remember the C99 from peakseeds we spoke about?
I have 2 of those. The one that looks so insane and we spoke about.
And the other one was a twofer as well!
2 sprouts from a single seed. Seperate root systems and all!

In my case, they look much less remarkable than the other C99.

But more importantly:
When they germed, I posted about this as well and people said usually one plant dominates the other and one of them dies off. If they both make it, one of them will be dominant (larger, bigger etc.) than the other but they will be, for all intents and purposes, genetically the same.

Can confirm so far from my observation.
The twofer developed into 2 separate stalks that grow, smell, etc. quite similar with one being more dominant (taller, larger flower clusters etc.) than the other.

The jury is out on whether this is a good thing or just "meh" as yield etc. are probably the same in the end.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Some old WW and "Jock Horror", nicely sealed and stored in an small light and air tight jar..And I looked and they were there still!

grow the jock... if u get the pheno we found....WOW... it was great.. friends asked if it was 'spiked'... no... its just good weed... and i dont remember what we paid , but it couldnt have been more then 15bucks for the pack...

we have been growing for lots of years n nothing has come close to that jock...i miss it every day...

Burt

Veteran
I'm extremely dubious of what you claim brah
A multi million dollar company didn't have the foresight to hire a lackey to keep mothers alive
Do you really expect me to believe that?
The fact is your repeating nonsense that has been spewed by small closet breeders like Rez and many others who want the greater public to buy their novel crosses produced with sensi genetics

LostTribe

Premium user
I'm extremely dubious of what you claim brah
A multi million dollar company didn't have the foresight to hire a lackey to keep mothers alive
Do you really expect me to believe that?
The fact is your repeating nonsense that has been spewed by small closet breeders like Rez and many others who want the greater public to buy their novel crosses produced with sensi genetics

I tend to believe as Burt does. With such a fine library you dont just flush it down the shitter. I agree with fakes trying to pass their own off as originals when they really started with Sensi stock, if not where would they find original clean genetics? They aren't heading to Afghanistan thats for sure.

Any ways so the twins I shall call them I have 1 normal sized and the other started very very tiny compared to the other twin. The small one is still smaller than the other seed I popped at the end of last week but it might catch up, time with tell. Stoked to have real NL back in the house, hopefully....Also people have obviously tried to undercut Sensi's high prices since 2000. I am pulling for them but time will tell all. Welcome to the show!

Anyone else growing Sensi post up some shots!

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
There is this plant i found in a pack of Mr Nice.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

When it was first purchased they were listed as g13 x hp but we later learned that there was no hashplant male.

Im a closet breeder but I give props where they are due.
I will always complain about the price tho.

Wolfshadoe

I also used ss as my main breeding stock..particularly the trade marked hash plant in 02 wow! I crossed all my stock with both strong male and females..the reason was shorter flower time and acclamation to my weather conditions..they were the real deal.was thinkin about getting some more.now i might reconsider..thanks for the info

LostTribe

Premium user
There is this plant i found in a pack of Mr Nice.

View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image

When it was first purchased they were listed as g13 x hp but we later learned that there was no hashplant male.

Im a closet breeder but I give props where they are due.
I will always complain about the price tho.

I ran those back in 2000 too but didnt like what I found at the time. Plus the pack I got had 3 crispy seed husks in it in place of healthy seed. The other varieties we had were all decent seeds.

What male was used for that?

Stinkhorn123

In the 90's we grew Sensi's Early Skunk as our outdoor guerrilla cash crop. She was the perfect plant at a cold lat 42. Mold resistant, super vigorous, beautiful magenta flowers, awesome yields and completely done by the first week in October. Every year for 3 or four years she was consistent then sometime in the early 2000's it was just plain and simple a different plant that didnt finish here, or even get close to finishing. It was devastating, 15 years have past and I'm still pissed. Fuck Sensi lol

black flag

Good luck with your NLs.
Don't know how are their stock nowadays, but I kept for some years one amazing NL mom from Sensi.
It was a clone gifted by a friend in 2012, I think seeds were from around 2010/11.
And I'm sure if you find that incredible hash berry tasting pheno you're going to keep it.
One of the best tasting plants I ever grew. Lost her in the beginning of last year to the battle against mites.
Luckily another friend has it and I'm about to get her back. That plant will probably never leave my garden again.

I've already seen a couple of times 2 plants from the same seed.
One of them happened to a friend, the seed was Jack Herer from GHS.
He managed to separated the plants in two pots and grew. Two totally different phenos.
No hermies in any of the plants.

baduy

I grew sensi gear for years in the 90's and I tried again some last year (outdoor).
Early skunk used to be my go to high yelding/low maintenance/potent/commercial appeal guerilla strain,ready by the end of september/early October.
The ones I tried last year were pretty unimpressive and didn't show much vigor,ready mid October which turned out to be a problem in the guerilla environment I had choosen for them.
The Skunk#1 was average,not better than bagseeds growing next to her
The shiva skunk was still OK though, good plant,classic vigorous Dutch lady,coughlock stone if you like that.
I think they must have lost several mother plants

bigbadbiddy

Huh interesting.

Two different phenos you say? I was told they should be genetically the same and my twofer looks the part so far.
Interesting!

@LostTribe
The Smaller one will catch up but will always remain smaller than the other one.
Will post a pic of my C99 twofer end of/next week in my thread in the organic soil section, you can check out what they could look like by week 5/6.

@baduy
You could give the Mr. Nice early skunk (early queen) a try.
Many of the old Sensi genetics seem to be available in better preserved form through Mr. Nice. At least my research leads me to believe that and what I have grown so far speaks for Mr. Nice. Cannot compare to Sensi from experience though as I didn't get any seeds from them.

@Burt
I disagree. Nothing wrong with that, we don't have to have the same opinion if you ask me.
My impression is that Sensi is built mainly on the Jack Herrer (Super Silver Haze) and their deal with Bedrocan.
That strain they also preserved, I am quite certain they tunnel visioned on it and earn more on the Jack Herrer line than anything else they sell combined. Pair that with the Bedrocan deal and the fact that they supply them with JH seeds to this day and you get your multimillion company.
Doesn't mean they still have the personnel they used to have or the know-how and skill.
It is quite evident that they lost a step or two and the explanation of Nevil+Shanti leaving, only leaving them with scraps, paired with improper conservation of what they were left with, fits the current status quo of Sensi being less relevant and less impeccable.

We wouldn't be having this discussion if Sensi was still what it used to be and you wouldn't get so many bad reports on their seeds.

I would also, once again, like to direct your attention to post #11 in this thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=7671531&postcount=11

Last time I checked, Sensi is a Dutch Seedbank and has not moved its operations elsewhere.

Last edited: