What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

50# and 100# manchester

Roji

I twist the valves off using a large wrench and a break bar. Manchester are for the most part refurbished I believe. At least all the ones I have bought (5) have been. They vary from clean to looking a lil rusty inside. The rusty ones I cleaned with hot alcohol until they appeared clean. I think I might be the only person who does this and has a problem with the rust but I still do it.

Zipsort

I twist the valves off using a large wrench and a break bar. Manchester are for the most part refurbished I believe. At least all the ones I have bought (5) have been. They vary from clean to looking a lil rusty inside. The rusty ones I cleaned with hot alcohol until they appeared clean. I think I might be the only person who does this and has a problem with the rust but I still do it.

Ok, cool. Thanks. Do you put your own valves on then? Or just use the ones they came with? I've read that they can freeze up when running DI and leak.

Roji

I use the same valves. And yes they do leak when they're sub zero but its very minimal.

A6 Grower

Veteran
Ive yet to have my 100# 3/4" valves leak, the 50# 1/4" valves leak when the valves assembly gets REALLY cold. Usually only leaks if your messing with the vales though. Its they are fully closed or fully open they usually dont leak.

Ya i clean my tanks also, new ones i just spray liquid butane into the liquid valve with the tank upside down and the vapor valve open. Sometimes a little bit of crap comes out, doesnt sound as good as your cleaning roji lol, thats cleaning! Really just waiting to save some funds and get a 100# SS recovery tank with cleaning port from IronFistExtractors but hes super busy lately and i hear he has a huge backorder on them.

Chonkski

Ive yet to have my 100# 3/4" valves leak, the 50# 1/4" valves leak when the valves assembly gets REALLY cold. Usually only leaks if your messing with the vales though. Its they are fully closed or fully open they usually dont leak.

Ya i clean my tanks also, new ones i just spray liquid butane into the liquid valve with the tank upside down and the vapor valve open. Sometimes a little bit of crap comes out, doesnt sound as good as your cleaning roji lol, thats cleaning! Really just waiting to save some funds and get a 100# SS recovery tank with cleaning port from IronFistExtractors but hes super busy lately and i hear he has a huge backorder on them.

What's the ticket on those?

Zipsort

$1200 for the one that he says hold 30# but it looks exactly like a manchester 100# that holds the 44#

I had the one from bhogart that was that size, worked great for running multiple tubes but I left it at a farm they charge almost 2500 for theirs ahah thats why i buy manchester now

Zipsort

Fuck that, i would have flown back for it lol

Good luck bringing it on a plane :)

Its cool, Im gonna use it there again later this year and they'll probably just buy it then. Its HUGE and was full of good solvent so I just left it

I also bought a small one on a NWGT group buy its pretty small tho

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
About how much are you guys fitting in these? 20# in the 50 and 40# in the 100?

The advertized tank capacities are based on water at .0361 lbs per cubic inch.

n-Butane's specific gravity is .601, so it weighs only .0217 lbs per cubic inch.

You can only safely fill to 80% to allow for thermal expansion.

Soooooo, an Lp-5 holds 50 pounds of water, but only 30 pounds of butane, and and at 80% fill, only 24 lbs at maximum safe capacity.

The same math works for all the tanks.