What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lets have a death star thread! Come on in!

J

jrosek

I have a friend that just received a few cuts of the ohio DS..
what is the recommended flower period for this cut?
thanks for any info..

:tiphat: <--To Dani. Looks very, very familiar. :dance013: Defintely doin good dani, I thought the Original DS was more a 65-70 day and the DS bX ECSD was the 70-75?? The ECSD backcross is more a sativa pheno than the original.

Good luck with that Ohio Deathstar 'jrosek', treat her well. She's been integral to my life for a very, very long time. She's not as lanky as the ECSD backcross DS that dani has, not by much but you'll see a difference. I love the ECSD backcross though, it's my favorite cut of OH Deathstar.

-LIG

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
It would be nice to have some ecsd x dstar bx pictures in here......Just make sure you label them (bx) so that people dont get too confused.

J

jrosek

:tiphat: <--To Dani. Looks very, very familiar. :dance013: Defintely doin good dani, I thought the Original DS was more a 65-70 day and the DS bX ECSD was the 70-75?? The ECSD backcross is more a sativa pheno than the original.

Good luck with that Ohio Deathstar 'jrosek', treat her well. She's been integral to my life for a very, very long time. She's not as lanky as the ECSD backcross DS that dani has, not by much but you'll see a difference. I love the ECSD backcross though, it's my favorite cut of OH Deathstar.

-LIG
Thanks man.. I was under the impression it was a shorter flowering period and that it was more Indica dominant?

How is the yield on this OH DS?
any info is much appreciated fellas!

The Original OH DS is more indica than the bX ECSD DS, but it still finishes in about 8-9 weeks (65-72) days. The yields are usually in the 1.75-2.25oz. dried per plant. 350-400/m2 wet. It isn't insanely nutrient hungry but most of the people who grow it do use Fox Farm's Organic-Based line, most choose to use Big Bloom over Tiger Bloom cause the Tiger is a little to nut heavy, unless you water the solution down some. It does best in organic set-ups in my opinion. Of course it doesn't yield as much, but being a highly medicinal it will show it's true colors in potency and taste organically.

Just some tips
-LIG

J

jrosek

Noted man!
Thank you
Im gonna do a few and see what works best in my system. Fingers crossed! haha

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
Whoaaa!! 50 views no posts? This is an ohio native strain, but im sure it has gotten out to some of you...please post your experiences

yo smurf looking good with death star , and ecsd , i read how 50 veiws and no posts just like when i posted a tread, pissed me off too!, hahaha. anyways keep up the good work, the death star was a midwest strain, and the breeders are living in nevada says the H.T.
looking good smurf, ill be watching, if u want to check some bomb kush, check my threads, peace..

D

danimarie193

if anyone else has a grow of deathstar going right now post some pics. would really like to see them.

D

danimarie193

A bit I picked up for my head today.... some DeathStar and Hucklestar

picture.php

picture.php

:tiphat: heh. I still cant wait to take some pics as soon as i can and show it's real colors and frosty goodness. You did a great job though, showing the real deal.

Turn on the macro and stabilize it as much as you can. Try using a lower shutter speed and higher exposure for the close ups.

Thanks for posting that for everyone. Best representation to what I've seen for close to 10 years.

Peace
-LIG

J

jrosek

Not to be rude guy's... but none of those pics make Death star appealing...
stop trying to glorify the pics with flash and fancy back round etc... just take a natural light pic so we can get a "real" idea what it looks like.. as of now, if i had to judge the DS cuts i have rooting by the pics in this thread.... i would toss em in the bin! lol

MagniKhan

Veteran
Not to be rude guy's... but none of those pics make Death star appealing...
stop trying to glorify the pics with flash and fancy back round etc... just take a natural light pic so we can get a "real" idea what it looks like.. as of now, if i had to judge the DS cuts i have rooting by the pics in this thread.... i would toss em in the bin! lol

Really, I'm sure your not TROLLing.
I would assume that you are a pro photographer, that being the case please offer us some advice, so that way there pics will meet your standards! Wouldn't want DS to get a bad rap.

D

danimarie193

dude if you are going to toss them in the bin, then i want to see the cuts that you are going to keep. cuase the deathstar looks great. if you dont have anything good to say then shut up.

J

jrosek

Like i said, i wasn't trying to be rude, that being said, Im sorry your feelings are bruised, now change your tampon and get a grip!
these are from an 80 dollar walmart cam.. no added bling to make them look better... a natural pic for a good idea what the bud REALY looks like.
So bash away fellas... But please... get some better pics will ya!~
picture.php

picture.php

I'll give Jro one thing, he is working with some amazing cuts, but unfortunately the closest picture to even begin showing it's true colors is dani's shots, although dani is in no way a professional photographer and doesn't have manual control's on her camera so she can't really expose the photo properly to show off it's trichs.

But kinda confused here on the "shoot in natural light part", and the "glorifying it using flash and fancy backgrounds".

The pics I posted were purely in natural light, using no flash, only shutter speed and manual exposure, and I don't see how a bud sitting on a tray is a fancy background. Dani's were also taken in natural light, don't know if she used flash or not, but I don't think a bud laying on a wooden table makes it a fancy background eiher, but true DeathStar does have a nearly pure greyish-silver look from the trich coverage with a distant blue/green tint to the cured buds.

I really wish I wouldn't have smoked up the rest of mine right before this thread started. I'd post a real picture. But just for informational purposes, I personally only take advantage of adjusting shutter speed and exposure levels, but any photographer that knows what they are doing, does this. I personally always use natural light, and do not employ flash.

I can't wait till I can post a REAL picture of the DS. I apologize if you're being misled by some of the pictures Jrosek, but alot of these people are not professional photographers. I am not either, but I've worked with all types of camera's 35mm-Digital-SLR and have used them all extensively, which is why I choose to use manual exposure, shutter speed, and ISO settings. I rarely, if ever use flash, only in pitch-black settings honestly.

I know you've worked with some amazing strains, but I highly doubt you'd be disappointed if you actually grew it out, cured it properly, you'd be happy with the end result. Dani's pictures are the only one's that do ANY justice for the looks. But it is still no-where close to showing it's true appearance. and as far as potency goes, I'm mostly a medical smoker, and it's hard to find strains that KILL my pain, but this one does it for me, so I have a great love for this one.

Another thing is right now, TDS is working with breeders out in cali right now to get this both in seed form and also for the medical public, because of how highly medicinal it really is. Someone just recently stated that one of Team DeathStar's oldest DeathStar crosses (DeathStar x Hindu Kush), which here in OH was available for awhile but was actually the least sought after cut, and now it is already popping up in dispensaries in Cali and seems like people are loving it from what I've read.

No disrespect Jrosek, I know you do amazing work, but I doubt you'd be disappointed if you actually do finish it up and take care of her. Hopefully I can get some cured buds soon to take some real photos to show off what this strain is really like.

-LIG

MagniKhan

Veteran
Like i said, i wasn't trying to be rude, that being said, Im sorry your feelings are bruised, now change your tampon and get a grip!

No, your not being rude at all.
Are you 5? The age limit he is 18, if you can't see how your being rude then I question your maturity/age.

As crazy as it seems not everyone know how to use a camera or provide the proper lighting. Also not everyone here as money to drop on a camera for a broad range of reasons to numerous to go in to.

Crazier then all of that, I knew that the pics were not the best but, I got the general idea anyway.

My feelings are in know way hurt and I have a grip.....question is do you?

Funny how those statements always proceed the very act that the statement professes to not to contain. If I said "Sorry I'm not trying to hurt you", then proceeded to punch you in the face then my previous statement is obviously false. My statement of "not trying to hurt you" doesn't change or excuse anything.

So not that's it that big of a deal...but, yes you were trying to be rude....think about it.

b.t.w. Nice pics.:tiphat:

J

jrosek

Ok, after reading it over a couple times i suppose a sensitive mofo would take offense. on the other hand, i do tell how it is and dont care if you like it or not. fact of the matter is, this is a death star thread to represent it in the best possible manner, i understand that newbs and rookies are proud of the accomplishments and such and want to show off they're gear... no matter how the pics look., however, for a guy like me that takes this shit real serious... i want a great representation of the product to gauge its worthiness. we all know that there are 1000's of wanna be top strains out there and pics are very misleading!
So once again... my intention is not to get your panties all bunched up, but if your gonna represent, make sure it's proper!

LG... lol man, i know your trying real hard to be nice bro, however shoot it straight man.. your not gonna hurt my feelings man.. the only thing that will stop me from sending you roses is if you f*** my girl! lol
to much butt sniffen on these damn forums bro! if you cant tell the truth then get off the porch! lol

Mag... im in my 40's man... been doing this longer than most... i see your the site public pretender so i will not turn this into a pissing match. if some of the pics are yours in this thread... well, you know!

D

danimarie193

i dont want to say anything else about it. that is not what this thread is about. i am sorry i would rather buy this bag then go out a drop some money on a camera. if you must know i think the pics are great since they were taken with my phone.