Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Visit Sensi Seeds For all your Genetic Needs!
Post Reply
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2017, 09:15 PM #2021
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,845
Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
That is still young my friend it needs to be vacuum sealed to age for at least a month more.
Three months is the best in my experience then you can dry it and smoke it. The difference the aging makes has to be experienced to be believed.
I am not familiar with the strain so I dont know what to expect from the effects.
This cure is best used on sativas but some friends of mine are getting good results with hybrids and some Indicas but I have no experience myself.
Good on you for giving it a go and please post your thoughts on the smoking and effects that it produces.
__________________
You cant always get what you want,but you can get what you need
Tangwena is online now Quote


Old 11-20-2017, 09:23 PM #2022
wolfhoundaddy
Member

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 292
wolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the roughwolfhoundaddy is a jewel in the rough
I just took a look at my cobbed bud under the microscope. Looks like brown suger through out. I ssmmookkee it.
wolfhoundaddy is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:58 PM #2023
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,845
Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhoundaddy View Post
I just took a look at my cobbed bud under the microscope. Looks like brown suger through out. I ssmmookkee it.
Got to love that amber and brown sugar you certainly got that one to change nicely.
The brown and amber resin usually makes for a nice deep inside your mind high my favorite type of trip.
Any pics?
__________________
You cant always get what you want,but you can get what you need
Tangwena is online now Quote


Old 11-21-2017, 04:26 AM #2024
CannaRed
Member

CannaRed's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: North of the Border
Posts: 116
CannaRed will become famous soon enoughCannaRed will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
That is still young my friend it needs to be vacuum sealed to age for at least a month more.
Sealed back up on the 14th,can't wait to break back into it.

Tang, I unwrapped the cob to let it dry, but then just stuck it in vac bag without wrapping it in the brown paper. I thought maybe this would help me see the results without opening the seal. i stick it in a dark spot. This should work, correct?

Thanks for the excellent thread
CannaRed is online now Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:56 AM #2025
stellarjay
Newbie

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
stellarjay is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Sealed back up on the 14th,can't wait to break back into it.

Tang, I unwrapped the cob to let it dry, but then just stuck it in vac bag without wrapping it in the brown paper. I thought maybe this would help me see the results without opening the seal. i stick it in a dark spot. This should work, correct?

Thanks for the excellent thread
hey there CannaRed. i've done the same thing after the cobb had expired what i thought was enough moisture, but the color change was not what i wanted. i still find myself opening these paperless cobbs for the smells though. ummm! i've also wondered if it's alright. when i don't need to wrap the cobb tight because it doesn't appear to be shrinking anymore is when i go paperless back into the vac bag.

i noticed Tangwena's chopper read cobbs were still moist in a clear wrapper and not a corn husk.

tried using corn husks on my first cobb, but it was too much of a pain in the ass for me. figured out using brown paper as a wrapper was easier for my fingers to work with and has a time saving benefit too. if the cobb needs to expire more moisture i grab a new drier piece of brown paper and rewrap the cobb right away. then back in the heat she goes.

also been letting the brown paper wrappers dry out and reusing them. seems the goodies from the cobbs soak into the brown paper wrappers and "season" them --if that's possible? the more i reuse a wrapper the better it smells, but eventually they do loose some of their strength and will tear easier when wrapping cobbs tightly.
stellarjay is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:25 AM #2026
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,845
Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaRed View Post
Sealed back up on the 14th,can't wait to break back into it.

Tang, I unwrapped the cob to let it dry, but then just stuck it in vac bag without wrapping it in the brown paper. I thought maybe this would help me see the results without opening the seal. i stick it in a dark spot. This should work, correct?

Thanks for the excellent thread
Thank you for contributing your experience we can all learn from each others techniques.

Thats all good I do that myself once the wrapper whatever kind you use has done its job its not needed any more and you get the shrunken stick like beef jerky.

Dont be afraid to open it regularly to sniff it and take samples.
When it starts to smell so good you cant resist its usually ready to dry and use.
Every cob has its own time table some are quicker than others to reach their peak of cure.

Thats what I love about this method very organic and hands on.
Once you start chewing some it will speak to you or at least you will think it does ha ha
__________________
You cant always get what you want,but you can get what you need
Tangwena is online now Quote


Old 11-21-2017, 09:31 AM #2027
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,845
Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarjay View Post
hey there CannaRed. i've done the same thing after the cobb had expired what i thought was enough moisture, but the color change was not what i wanted. i still find myself opening these paperless cobbs for the smells though. ummm! i've also wondered if it's alright. when i don't need to wrap the cobb tight because it doesn't appear to be shrinking anymore is when i go paperless back into the vac bag.

i noticed Tangwena's chopper read cobbs were still moist in a clear wrapper and not a corn husk.

tried using corn husks on my first cobb, but it was too much of a pain in the ass for me. figured out using brown paper as a wrapper was easier for my fingers to work with and has a time saving benefit too. if the cobb needs to expire more moisture i grab a new drier piece of brown paper and rewrap the cobb right away. then back in the heat she goes.

also been letting the brown paper wrappers dry out and reusing them. seems the goodies from the cobbs soak into the brown paper wrappers and "season" them --if that's possible? the more i reuse a wrapper the better it smells, but eventually they do loose some of their strength and will tear easier when wrapping cobbs tightly.
hi my friend I am enjoying reading your thoughts and experiences.
Every thing you have said is true and shows someone with good understanding of what you are trying to achieve.
Its this kind of feelings for the cure that will make you succeed where others might fail.
Once you get good at this the skies the limit. Dont be afraid to experiment some may not turn out 100% what you want but when you find your recipe you will be able to get exactly what you aim for every time.
That is when things will open up for you. It is possible with a little practice and application to make mind blowing cobs, you will never want anything else after that.
__________________
You cant always get what you want,but you can get what you need
Tangwena is online now Quote


Old 11-22-2017, 12:41 AM #2028
stellarjay
Newbie

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
stellarjay is on a distinguished road
appreciate your expertise, Tangwena.

of the few cobbs made so far the most enjoyed process was making cobbs three days after harvest. saw where you posted about doing this, so that was good enough. when using drier flowers the initial sweating process just didn't feel right for some reason. initial sweat came easily and abundantly with only a 3 day hang.

remember reading somewhere about a fellow who traveled to south america, beyond mexico, many years ago and found himself unexpectedly in a remote village during a massive harvest. crops were piled in long rows on the ground. he didn't know if this was normal or if they didn't have enough hands to get the crop ready any faster. he said they rotated the piles as they were drying. similar to making cobbs, no? on a different scale though! lol

took a different approach for sweating using items already around. used a 3' long plastic bin/lid. liner/lid fabbed of 1" thick foam sheathing with 2" aluminum tape for connecting/sealing panels. laid an old waterbed heater in bottom of foam liner and placed both in plastic bin. tossed in a couple small boxes on top of heating pad to set cobbs on and keep them in the middle of the bin. added a temp guage and with heater dialed to max the temps fluctuate between 38C to 43C regardless of exterior temps. might try it with a heating pad one day for a smaller oven.

regards!
stellarjay is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:27 AM #2029
log roller
Newbie

Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 32
log roller will become famous soon enoughlog roller will become famous soon enoughlog roller will become famous soon enough
^ I did a similar thing with a seedling heat mat that apparently didn't have a temperature regulator on it. When placed in a box and confined it would get as hot as you wanted.
log roller is offline Quote


Old 11-22-2017, 04:27 AM #2030
Tangwena
Senior Member

Tangwena's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: in transit
Posts: 1,845
Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarjay View Post
appreciate your expertise, Tangwena.

of the few cobbs made so far the most enjoyed process was making cobbs three days after harvest. saw where you posted about doing this, so that was good enough. when using drier flowers the initial sweating process just didn't feel right for some reason. initial sweat came easily and abundantly with only a 3 day hang.

remember reading somewhere about a fellow who traveled to south america, beyond mexico, many years ago and found himself unexpectedly in a remote village during a massive harvest. crops were piled in long rows on the ground. he didn't know if this was normal or if they didn't have enough hands to get the crop ready any faster. he said they rotated the piles as they were drying. similar to making cobbs, no? on a different scale though! lol

took a different approach for sweating using items already around. used a 3' long plastic bin/lid. liner/lid fabbed of 1" thick foam sheathing with 2" aluminum tape for connecting/sealing panels. laid an old waterbed heater in bottom of foam liner and placed both in plastic bin. tossed in a couple small boxes on top of heating pad to set cobbs on and keep them in the middle of the bin. added a temp guage and with heater dialed to max the temps fluctuate between 38C to 43C regardless of exterior temps. might try it with a heating pad one day for a smaller oven.

regards!
Thats very cool man I love reading stuff like that.
I know a few people who have their own methods to get the sweating ect. Some fantastic cures being achieved.
I am trying some 6 month old jar cured buds at the moment. Very good cure, I chewed 0.35g two hours ago and can feel a nice buzz vert pleasant.
If I had chewed the same amount of the cob made from the same buds I would be tripping by now. I will give it a chance though it might be a creeper.
If not I will stick to chewing the cobs the high is a hell of a lot stronger than the buds chewed ha ha. I may have to do a top up with some cob, but how much do i need when I'm already high?

Looks like an exceptional day in the making ha ha
__________________
You cant always get what you want,but you can get what you need
Tangwena is online now Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Click to Visit Seedsman for Cannabis Seeds


This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.