What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Air in system

Abbazabba710

Hi all! Searched a bunch but have not found the exact issue I’m having.

I operate a CL in an i502 legal facility and we are having an issue with our cmep-ol I think.

When we pull initial vac on the whole system with our Welch 1400 everything reads fine at -30 but the vacuum is not being pulled from the “out” port on the Cmep-ol to the recovery tank

This is leaving built up air in the non vacuumed Lines and condenser coil and pushing it into the recovery tank causing the tank to get filled with pressurized air.

1. Is this normal? I should be able to pull vacuum through the coil and everything right?

2. Can I place a T fitting with ball valve at the recovery tank to just vacuum the remaining air out?

Equiptment:
Mk4
Cmep-ol gen3
50ft condenser coil
3/8 braided steel hosing

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all! Searched a bunch but have not found the exact issue I’m having.

I operate a CL in an i502 legal facility and we are having an issue with our cmep-ol I think.

When we pull initial vac on the whole system with our Welch 1400 everything reads fine at -30 but the vacuum is not being pulled from the “out” port on the Cmep-ol to the recovery tank

This is leaving built up air in the non vacuumed Lines and condenser coil and pushing it into the recovery tank causing the tank to get filled with pressurized air.

1. Is this normal? I should be able to pull vacuum through the coil and everything right?

2. Can I place a T fitting with ball valve at the recovery tank to just vacuum the remaining air out?

Equiptment:
Mk4
Cmep-ol gen3
50ft condenser coil
3/8 braided steel hosing

We evacuated that line separately. It also has to be recovered separately when you are shutting down the system and opening it up.

Abbazabba710

We evacuated that line separately. It also has to be recovered separately when you are shutting down the system and opening it up.

Thank you!!!!!! That was exactly what I was looking for as usual,GW is the man and has kept me from potentially blowing myself up :)