What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Personal Rant

brown_thumb

I no longer believe in God, at least not in the one we're taught to believe in. I no longer believe in heaven or hell. I don't believe in karma or any other form of 'spiritual' justice. I've never seen it. It seems the people who are the happiest and wealthiest are those who lie, cheat, steal, deceive and take advantage of others far less fortunate than they. It seems those worst off are decent, kind, giving people of good nature. We dare not turn our backs for a moment, not even to our friends and family. Of course, there are exceptions in both cases, some of which are extreme... I know of a few.

I haven't prayed in a very long time because no matter how selfless and heartfelt those prayers are, they fall on death ears or no ears at all, leaving those we love to suffer in the cruelest of ways.

What I do believe is most of what we're taught about faith is utter nonsense. What I do believe is, what really matters is how we treat each other at the macro level, during our time, here and now. There may not be a tomorrow to make amends. What I do believe is, as our society continues to deteriorate into madness, travelling ever deeper towards selfishness, coldness, and cruelty, it becomes abundantly clear we're rapidly headed into a hell on earth... and that only around the next bend.

The next major economic collapse will not only be catastrophic but will wreak nearly complete devastation of life as we know it. Without the most basic of essentials available to the masses, and with our increasing unwillingness to help one another rather than taking everything we can get, it will get bloody. Our political system has become so pervasively corrupt that few we've elected care about anything other than increasing their own wealth and power. They know very well where our country is headed and they want to be on the top of the heap. There will be no savior to help us.

I stated that I don't believe in God and that's largely true but only in the sense that I don't 'know' the truth and I'm certain no other living creature does either. I'm agnostic. I believe in everything, and nothing. There are no 'absolute' truths.

Even as a kid, I always filtered out the obvious BS and tried to hold onto the things which I believed really mattered. I often use the term 'boiling down to the last few beans in the pot', meaning to toss out the obvious nonsense while retaining what's important to the issue at hand. Often, that means ignoring 99.9 percent of the data submitted. What I lost long ago is that last remaining .1 percent.

Our thoughts are tainted with the bullshit we've been programmed to believe. We've been brainwashed to believe in things which allow others to manipulate and control what we think, say and do... religions, socioeconomic systems, patriotism... all of it.

I'm so sick of the entire mess that I can no longer keep my thoughts on an even keel... not that it matters in the grand scheme of things.

rolandomota

Veteran
Welcome to the club man. How can any of that bible fairytale actually be true? Woman giving birth by the holy spirit....complete bullshit. Rocks that give water talking burning bushes seas parting on command, i mean damn how naive can you be?

Scrappy-doo

Hell I came to that conclusion before I even graduated grade school. Want your kids to become athiest? Send them to Catholic school.

Mick

Veteran
I no longer believe in God, at least not in the one we're taught to believe in. I no longer believe in heaven or hell. I don't believe in karma or any other form of 'spiritual' justice. I've never seen it. It seems the people who are the happiest and wealthiest are those who lie, cheat, steal, deceive and take advantage of others far less fortunate than they. It seems those worst off are decent, kind, giving people of good nature. We dare not turn our backs for a moment, not even to our friends and family. Of course, there are exceptions in both cases, some of which are extreme... I know of a few.

I haven't prayed in a very long time because no matter how selfless and heartfelt those prayers are, they fall on death ears or no ears at all, leaving those we love to suffer in the cruelest of ways.

What I do believe is most of what we're taught about faith is utter nonsense. What I do believe is, what really matters is how we treat each other at the macro level, during the here and now. There may not be a tomorrow to make amends. What I do believe is, as our society continues to deteriorate into madness, travelling ever deeper towards selfishness, coldness, and cruelty, it becomes abundantly clear we're rapidly headed into a hell on earth... and that only around the next bend. The next economic collapse will not only be catastrophic but will wreak nearly complete devastation of life as we know it. Without the most basic of essentials available to the masses, and with the upper .1 percent coming like vultures to pick at our flesh, and with our increasing unwillingness to help one another rather than taking everything we cab get, it will get bloody among us all. I don't want to be around to witness that.

I stated that I don't believe in God and that's largely true but only in the sense that I don't 'know' the truth and I'm certain no other living creature does either. I'm agnostic. I believe in everything, and nothing. There are no 'absolute' truths.

Even as a kid, I always filtered out the obvious BS and tried to hold onto the things which I believed really mattered. I often use the term 'boiling down to the last few beans in the pot', meaning to toss out the obvious nonsense while retaining what's important to the issue at hand. Often, that means ignoring 99.9 percent of the data submitted. What I lost long ago is that last remaining .1 percent.

Our thoughts are tainted with the bullshit we've been programmed to believe. We've been brainwashed to blindly follow and adhere to things which allow others to control what we think, say and do... religions, socioeconomic systems, patriotism... all of it.

I'm so sick of the entire mess that I can no longer keep my thoughts on an even keel... not that it matters in the grand scheme of things.

<end rant>

Yeah, it's a bitch when we realise that most of what we've been taught by our parents, priests, teachers, politicians and scientists (missed any?), is bullshit, but it is liberating. All belief systems can be prisons, even the good ones.
Just had breakfast with a friend who's into astrology big-time, and she assures me that we are now well into the Aquarian Age and things are going to get better, so nothing to worry about. :biggrin:

brown_thumb

Funny... until we ventured into a new astrological cycle, I was a Pisces. Now I'm an Aquarius. BTW, I don't believe nor disbelieve in this either.:)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
sometimes the only reward from being a good person is being a good person, dont let the shit get you down
/we all choose how we conduct ourselves in our everyday life, and i choose not to be a dick

stay cool, brother!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

and yet there have been studies made (no I can't/won't bother to find & quote) where some patients in hospitals were prayed for & others in similar conditions were not; the patients being prayed for by name healed with accelerated rates & better conditions than the others.

That being said, is it a karma thing? is it a religious thing? is our 'God' a supreme alien of some sort? are the Bible story's somewhat real but just literary license, greatly exaggerated metaphors to drive certain points home??? is Moses parting the seas just being that he found a slick-assed shortcut but wanted to tell a greater story to his people as to never giving up, have faith???

I'm sure that 'power of prayer' thing would be a Google-able phenom or study.

tbh, my butt hurts too much from my surgery, please pray for me, Stoner4Life is good for the name ;) :dunno:

Mick

Veteran
Funny... until we ventured into a new astrological cycle, I was a Pisces. Now I'm an Aquarius. BTW, I don't believe nor disbelieve in this either.:)

Hey brother, I was born on the 22 of feb which I guess makes me a Pisces cusp Aquarian. No idea what it's all about but I'm so Piscean it's funny. I watched a Joe Rogan interview with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson and they were talking in part about how our Earth is but a tiny speck in the infinite cosmic ecosystem, and to think we are not effected by its flows and energies is delusional.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol!I'm a dragon but there are many different combinations.it's very complicated.I studied it a bit and it's kinda scary

N

noyd666

i'm a tasy tiger n don't care.
picture.php

St. Phatty

Welcome to the club man. How can any of that bible fairytale actually be true? Woman giving birth by the holy spirit....complete bullshit. Rocks that give water talking burning bushes seas parting on command, i mean damn how naive can you be?

Actually there are a lot of very down to earth explanations for the events described in the Bible.

The sea turning blood red ... happens under certain full moon conditions.

Luke 1:27-38 - describes Mary's meeting with humanoids. They simply told her she would be having a baby & not to worry.

Reads very similar to the hundreds (thousands ?) of descriptions of 'contact experiences'.

Separating out only those contact experiences described by uniformed service personnel (to separate out the guy at the bus stop talking about his last trip to Jupiter) ... Mary's experience sounds very similar to the dozens (hundreds) of contact experiences described in relevant texts.

As far as Jesus' crucifixion ... reminds me of the Reginald Denny beating at the 92 LA riots.

Denny would not have survived without 1990's era medical treatment.

Is the same true of Jesus ? Were the same people who visited Mary before his birth, around 30+ years later at crucifixion time ?

I don't buy the Jesus Resurrection mythology.

But I know a lot of American style Christians. Seems like they are really into self-hypnosis, "God Loves me. I'm going to go to Heaven." ... which is similar to Muslim theology.

CaptainDankness

Hell I came to that conclusion before I even graduated grade school. Want your kids to become athiest? Send them to Catholic school.

Lol, I were to Catholic school for 2 years and I'm pretty much an athiest. The Bible makes no sense to me might as well worship Nordic Gods really, it's not far off just a bunch of fairy tales you can't prove.:biggrin:

brown_thumb

Actually there are a lot of very down to earth explanations for the events described in the Bible.

The sea turning blood red ... happens under certain full moon conditions.

Luke 1:27-38 - describes Mary's meeting with humanoids. They simply told her she would be having a baby & not to worry.

Reads very similar to the hundreds (thousands ?) of descriptions of 'contact experiences'.

Separating out only those contact experiences described by uniformed service personnel (to separate out the guy at the bus stop talking about his last trip to Jupiter) ... Mary's experience sounds very similar to the dozens (hundreds) of contact experiences described in relevant texts.

As far as Jesus' crucifixion ... reminds me of the Reginald Denny beating at the 92 LA riots.

Denny would not have survived without 1990's era medical treatment.

Is the same true of Jesus ? Were the same people who visited Mary before his birth, around 30+ years later at crucifixion time ?

I don't buy the Jesus Resurrection mythology.

But I know a lot of American style Christians. Seems like they are really into self-hypnosis, "God Loves me. I'm going to go to Heaven." ... which is similar to Muslim theology.

There's obvious scientific proof of at least one 'great flood'. I believe in the theory that it was caused by a huge asteroid which hit the northern ice cap spewing trillions of tons of ice and snow into the atmosphere. One indicator this may be true is the satellites which map the uneven gravitational pull of the earth found a massive object below the Antarctic, far below where we can't study it. It's possible that anomaly was caused by volcanic activity but my 'belief' is it's the remnants of a great asteroid. One thing they do know is it's by far the largest thing on earth which affects gravity and therefor its affect on satellite clocks. Extinction-level events have occurred many times in earth's history and it will happen again... and again... and...

A great flood? Yes, definitely. Noah's ark? Nah... too silly.

Latest posts

Latest posts