What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CPS TR21 users get in here!!

Roji

I would say that size pot is way to small for that size column.[/

I thought that might be part of my problem, would adding another spool (4x6) to the bottom of the collection pot solve the problem?

I used to use a 6x6 under a 6x12 and that still was still really close. Ended up doing half floods and half dumps to keep liquid levels manageable.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wouldn't the filter drier stop the oil from entering the pump?

Sadly no, it stops droplets, but not major slurps.

If you cut one apart, you will note that the inlet stream impinges into a central hole in the the center porous absorbent block, but once the absorbent is blinded, the material just follows the vapor stream around it.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm running a 3x36 column with a 12x6 collection pot.

A 3 X 36" column puts 8.6" of liquid in a 6 X 12" spool, and 3.4" is too close to the pump inlet, especially with the surge you get when you dump

gliders420

So I got about 100 hours into my tr21, and now I'm leaking. I've been googling like crazy and can't find squat about this piling leaking....

Does anyone know anything about this... It doesn't hold vacuum, and it doesn't hold pressure...

gliders420

And reading the last page or so of this thread seems like the only possible issue I can think of.

Would this rebuild include the whole compressor head? Or am I replaceinf seals only? It stopped sounding smooth for a couple runs and I couldn't figure out why...

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And reading the last page or so of this thread seems like the only possible issue I can think of.

Would this rebuild include the whole compressor head? Or am I replaceinf seals only? It stopped sounding smooth for a couple runs and I couldn't figure out why...

Usually new piston seals will fix things, though you may need to clean or replace the poppet valves as well.

A6 Grower

Veteran
My 12 month old appion with only 1 rebuild is still chuggin along. No leaks, the gear box is starting to get loud, ill probably replace that soon.

gliders420

You need to throttle your valves when you open them for each cycle, you are spattering oil laden butane all over inside your collection pot, or overfilling your collection pot.

It is my understanding the TR21 is also not really designed to operate without a separate heat exchanger, the hot vapor coming out of your TR21 needs to be cooled down somehow so that burden is left on your tank.

Would you be willing to go over my set up with me and help me figure out how to do this? Or any one really???

I don't have a ball valve at the bottom of my materia tube...(can't afford one atm :/ ) But I do have one leading into the tube from the solvent tank, and coming off he the collection vessel to the pump, I should still be able to throttle the flow of tane I beleive but who knows someone's help would be awesome!

I've never seen or had any oil in the collection lid, so splattering doesn't seem likelybut overflowing is possible, tho to be honest I don't know how likely, I run a pretty warm bath, 90-110... So it should be boiling off rather quickly... That isn't to say there hasn't been maybe one or two instances my bath was cold or something,

I've never had the tane back up into the sight glass either, it flows through and its gone... And I'm using Alotttt of tane... Like 6-9 lbs

gliders420

My 12 month old appion with only 1 rebuild is still chuggin along. No leaks, the gear box is starting to get loud, ill probably replace that soon.

My first response "grrrr wtf damiiitttttttt! Sidntjdbsjabajdvsjsvsjsg!"

After I calmed down....:

How in the hell is it still going???? What kind of closed loop are you running?

Why can't I get more than a couple weeks in without problems?! :(( Id love to quit but im pretty invested at this point lol

gliders420

Once you get to -10 and you go to open the vent valve, I relate it to feathering a clutch. You ever sat at a red light on a hill and instead of the brake, you use the clutch and throttle to keep yourself from rolling back? It works for me, maybe not you, I don't know just my .02 and I have never once had a drop of oil on the underside of my lid.

Like finding that friction point, you have to find that point where the pressure in the collection pot starts to increase, then back it off very slightly and just feather the pressure in. Once it stabilizes, for me that's around 10-12 psi, I slowly open it all the way. Then I move over to the dump valve and do the same thing, this usually brings the pressure up to around 15 psi. You just have to get a feel for it.

I understand the way you use the car/clutch in this analogy... But what valve is called the vent valve? The dump valve is the ball valve under the tube, before the collection vessel?

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Would you be willing to go over my set up with me and help me figure out how to do this? Or any one really???

I don't have a ball valve at the bottom of my materia tube...(can't afford one atm :/ ) But I do have one leading into the tube from the solvent tank, and coming off he the collection vessel to the pump, I should still be able to throttle the flow of tane I beleive but who knows someone's help would be awesome!

I've never seen or had any oil in the collection lid, so splattering doesn't seem likelybut overflowing is possible, tho to be honest I don't know how likely, I run a pretty warm bath, 90-110... So it should be boiling off rather quickly... That isn't to say there hasn't been maybe one or two instances my bath was cold or something,

I've never had the tane back up into the sight glass either, it flows through and its gone... And I'm using Alotttt of tane... Like 6-9 lbs

None of my business and I'm sure you'll get some help, but you're saying you're showering with the flow going unimpeded into a heavy SS pot that's being held at 90-110F? Butane/oil mixture's got to be spattering at that rate of flash off, it would seem to me... like tossing some liquid butane onto a warm concrete slab, it will flash off, it has no choice.

Latest posts

Latest posts