What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NYCD Soma cut & Amnesia Haze Core

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Pretty sure soma crossed a g13 haze to this core cut to create amnesia haze which is a 12/13 week haze and is more fruity..

somas own cut of amnesia haze is in circulation ...

Im also running grapefruit diesel which is nycd mandarin cut x cindy 99 and she just screams tropical citrusy fuel terps... you can see the best of both parents in this crossing and she's cooked in 8 weeks

shzQCuj.jpg

BzuFGC1.jpg

dtE6wPO.jpg

wS0f6Fg.jpg

GODofDANK

I'll explain everything about Amesia Haze.

The story is simple but foggy for reason to sell flowers and seeds in the Netherlands and the world.
First Amnesia come in 1995-6. It was made by NL5hazeCxSkunkHazeA.

It has that C5 smells but with Amonia smell added from skunk-hazeA and strong Incense smells and taste of best quality which come in crosses of C and A haze of Nevile genetics. It was year before SSH seeds. From this seed line they found one plant which was overpowered haze high and flower time was 14-15 weeks. But genetics by itself did not satisfy for the sake of hermaphroditism and instability in seed line. So they made new SSH NL5hazeCXskunkhazeC from this seeds line come today SSH more fruty and more up not so devastating high like A haze crosses and not so strong incense notes like skunk-haze A line before but more stable and better for Indoor grow rooms.

In 1998 That cut of 1st try of haze hybridization from 95-96 it was close to new SSH of 98 but more strong and better overal in smoke,taste,smell...but flower time was to long for commercial purposes. It was closer to Neville Haze,Ag13haze,C5haze,A5haze,Cg 13haze...

In south of holland this cut is called 98 ''Amnesia Haze'' cut and it is Original and it is close to SSH line but better and little different in smell and high is strong like HazeA hybrids. Stronger than hazeC after smoking that cut lots of people would drop the pressure and it would be no good to them to strong high. And hard core smokers have weed hangovers next day caused by it. With its strength it soon spread all over the Netherlands.

And then lots of breeders try to make shorter flowering of that cut but keep the potency of it.One of the best breeders and well known are boys close to one of the best coffe shop in NL. As someone state here before they try breedring with original 98 Amnesia Haze(Nl5hazeCxSkunkHazeA) to g13 indica male which brings down the flower time . It's Amnesia Haze (1998 / 14 wk.) x G13 airborn indica(Reeferman) = Amnesia g13 you could by this cross in coffe shop or by kiwi seeds.
Here is smoke report of it:
Looks: Dark, tight nuggets with bright orange hairs.
Smell: Besides the unique Amnesia Thai/wood/fruit smell you can detect a musty, earthy note from the G13.
Taste: Like the smell, a tropical punch of flavors with earthy, almost dusty undertones.
Buzz Type: There is an uplifting burst of sativa energy at the beginning, but soon the high gets heavier and trippy leaving you wrecked with a big grin on your face.
Buzz Length: Long. 2-3 hours.
Its all happened around 2000 further breeding goes in
1)Amnesia H x G13 airborn male = G13-Amnesia F1
2) Amnesia H x F1 sativa male 12 wk. = G13-Am. Haze *

Soma tells the story on page 78 of his book Organic Marijuana Soma Style: “In 2001 I tried sprouting some very old G-13 Haze seeds that came from Neville of cannabis genetics fame, They were created in 1988. I had ten of these 13-year-old seeds. Only one sprouted and it was a male. That left me with but one choice – in order to use the genetics, I had to breed the male to some of my existing strains and select some choice female phenotypes. As the G-13 Haze crosses circulate the globe, many growers are totally enthused by what they have come up with from these seeds. It has brought a heavy sativa influence to all the strains it has been hybridised with.”

Soma wrote in his Hybridisation article: “In my newest crossings between the G-13 Haze male (wanted to bring more of the sativa genetics into the mix) and Buddha’s Sister, Somango, Somativa, White Willow, Lavender, Citralah, White Light, New York City Diesel, Rockbud, Reclining Buddha, and Free Tibet, I am finding some of the finest plants ever.”

Also Soma which himself didnt breed give the G13 haze male to guys who breed many strains like Willy Nelson + Reeferman,G13haze,G13 Amnesia Haze,Utopia Haze,Top Dawg,Red Diesel,Ceres Hilton + Karma,Top Dawg x NCY Diesel.....he breed for WL,BarenyFarm,Soma...and lots of seed companies breed with him or buy crosses from him not so much breeders back than so as today it's easier to resell than to work with genetics. Soma when give him his G13hazeC take seeds from 2) Amnesia H x F1 sativa male 12 wk. = G13-Am. Haze * and from this line he found his cup wining ''indica'' Haze clone which flowers in 70 days maximum from 2004. After this exange Soma makes from his harem fems plant + G13Amnesiahaze all polinated by G13hazeC and seed form this polination he is selling online as G13haze x fems also he relise his G13 haze also as this breeder:
1) Amnesia H x G13 airborn male = G13-Amnesia F1
2) Amnesia H x F1 sativa male 12 wk. = G13-Am. Haze *
3) G13-Am. H. x G13 sativa male(Soma) = G13 Haze

Soma also offers a seedline called Amnesia Haze which he claims he created from a Laotian sativa female and Shantibaba's Afghan/Hawaiian male, the strain description he wrote gives no clues to the lineage however: “Amnesia Haze is one of the finest Hazes Soma Seeds has to offer. The smell and taste are unforgettable, until you smoke it and forget everything!”

Amnesia Haze was released in 2003 at the same time as the G13Haze crosses and was entered in the 2004 Cannabis Cup by where it won overall 1st place. Soma makes no mention of the breeding process that created Amnesia Haze in his book Organic Marijuana Soma Style.
But it was obvious that the clone winner of CC2004 a much shorter bloom than the seed plants that are 13-16 weeks flower time. So this is lineage of G13 hazes in Amsterdam and Somas Amnesia Haze.

Also core cut is 98 Amnesia Haze x bubblegum so it has that little Amnesia haze smell but with more candyness. Also people like Somas Amnesia haze cuz after boosting with G13hazeC ,Also, being a Haze dominant phenotype with minimal G13 influence being apparent in his progeny, it can be considered that it has similar breeding properties to the original Haze C male that fathered it. He boosted back Haze influence and come back closer to real Amnesia Haze.

G13 sativa male(Soma) = G13HazeC famous male cut from Soma

F1 sativa male 12 wk = Amnesia H x G13 airborn male = G13-Amnesia F1

Also if you see 2003 crosses:
Rockbud,Lavander,WhiteWillow,Somativa,NYC Diesel,Buddhasister,Freetibet, R.Buddah,Whitelight,Citralah,Somango all are x g13hazeC only name from that year is Amnesia haze without g13hazeC so truth is,that it is:
G13Amnesia Haze x G13hazeC -- its lineage of Soma Amnesia Haze.

GODofDANK

Also in his NYC Diesel is not Mexican sativa x afghani/hawaian it is bullshit.
The truth is in his book,he got a cut of sour diesel in 1997 in 1998 he made NYC Diesel.

It's better to be silent about a pedigree than to tell lies.

Although I have to say that his Diesel and Amnesia Haze are some of the best. Personally and in Sour from REZ. work I most like the Soma white Grapefruit phenotypes.

stashpot

Also in his NYC Diesel is not Mexican sativa x afghani/hawaian it is bullshit.
The truth is in his book,he got a cut of sour diesel in 1997 in 1998 he made NYC Diesel.

It's better to be silent about a pedigree than to tell lies.

Although I have to say that his Diesel and Amnesia Haze are some of the best. Personally and in Sour from REZ. work I most like the Soma white Grapefruit phenotypes.

I've grown the grapefruit NYCD in 09 its nothing like sour diesel in terms of growth.. the buds rep the ecsd but the growth is the afghani/hawaiian male from shanti .. i have photos from 2009 of the nycd its sour diesel on exotic steroids grows like a sativa takes 11 or 12 weeks. its way better than sour diesel trust me.

mexweed

Veteran
there is no soma cut, the sour crew definitely didn't give him one and they generally consider soma full of shit and his nyc diesel a ripoff hence why JJ made the onycd

to put some perspective to it, when JJ was on Adam Dunn he said they gave Adam the Corey Haim cut of stardawg labeled as the original underdog just to see what he was going to do with it

somas probably bullshit story goes he scored a bag of sour from a rasta friend in nyc and found a seed, no one has confirmed the story or if it was legit sour, real sour from AJ was going for $800 an oz, so the rasta could have been using the name to charge top dollar if that even happened

what I think is soma took his best guess as to what the diesel was and did the mexicanXafghan and then hit it with the afghan hawaiian and never had legit sour and ripped the name off entirely

there is nothing chem about somas, even when somas has heavy fuel notes it's still too sweet and one dimensional, it doesn't have the depth and nuances

somas also lacks the take your breath away almost nauseating potency that chem and sour possess

it's not the worst sativa smoke out there but it's certainly no sour

stashpot

there is no soma cut, the sour crew definitely didn't give him one and they generally consider soma full of shit and his nyc diesel a ripoff hence why JJ made the onycd

to put some perspective to it, when JJ was on Adam Dunn he said they gave Adam the Corey Haim cut of stardawg labeled as the original underdog just to see what he was going to do with it

somas probably bullshit story goes he scored a bag of sour from a rasta friend in nyc and found a seed, no one has confirmed the story or if it was legit sour, real sour from AJ was going for $800 an oz, so the rasta could have been using the name to charge top dollar if that even happened

what I think is soma took his best guess as to what the diesel was and did the mexicanXafghan and then hit it with the afghan hawaiian and never had legit sour and ripped the name off entirely

there is nothing chem about somas, even when somas has heavy fuel notes it's still too sweet and one dimensional, it doesn't have the depth and nuances

somas also lacks the take your breath away almost nauseating potency that chem and sour possess

it's not the worst sativa smoke out there but it's certainly no sour

haha you never have grown ruby red trust me u probably got the citrus pheno there is 100% diesel in it its the best pot i have smoked or grown in 15 years. you could smell it 3 streets down... exotic deep complex smells high and taste, you cure that shit for 2 months and you wont believe it trust me i know i smoked it many times and grown it 3 times.. i am searching for it now.. its lost but who knows somebody might have it somehwhere/...

After soma lost his ruby red... NYCD has not been the same as 2000's nycd. it won more cups than you know when it was good.. today its shit.

ICGA

Speaking of Soma, does anyone know how many iterations there were of his Lanvender? I Suspect that he didn't keep the same parents but like Dj short worked the line in different directions out of the original cross. Any info is much appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts