What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Powerhouse's.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
So I was recently gifted (thank you) a few strains that all have the genetic make up to be a powerhouse. Any of these strains could be a powerhouse by themselves, I'm talking:

Golden Tiger x Old Timer's Haze

Malawi x Old Timer's Haze

Zamaldelica x Old Timer's Haze

I threw one of each kind into separate cups of water the other day, still waiting for them to crack but we'll see how this turns out.

Ncali

Veteran
What's up bobbo! I hope you are well man. I always think Ace gear is good gear, I hope the selections live up too their parents. Strong lines there. I suspect you are in for some very strong and good cannabis man, they sound like some very interesting plants for terps and effects!!

:tiphat:
NC

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey how's it going Ncali? Yes I have grown Golden Tiger out and it was good. Yes I can't wait!
I'm gonna have to check out your Golden Tiger thread!

TheFertilizer

I'm not trying to sound like a hater here or anything, but is Old Timer's Haze really the best stock to cross those with? It doesn't seem that potent, so wouldn't this be like taking the powerhouse strains and weakening them?

On the other hand, I'm sure you'll end up with some super strong haze! Just curious!

Ncali

Veteran
I'm not trying to sound like a hater here or anything, but is Old Timer's Haze really the best stock to cross those with? It doesn't seem that potent, so wouldn't this be like taking the powerhouse strains and weakening them?

On the other hand, I'm sure you'll end up with some super strong haze! Just curious!

So the potency may not be comparable to some of those strains, but some other positive attributes to consider like quality of effect, type of effect, terpene profile, duration of effect, all which may compliment the potency of those crossed parents very well. Just my 2c. They sound like through a little searching one might find some true gems.

Root beer flavored, Malawi potency, electric Thai effect? Yes that sounds good to me!

Maybe something like that is possible, maybe not. But it's worth looking for in my humble opinion!!

:tiphat:
NC

Last edited:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
I sowed them into solo cups filled with coco and seed starting mix mixed together this afternoon, can't wait.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sure, very interesting things can be found coming from these hybrids.

It would be interestign to know more about the phenos from each strain used in the crosses.

It's going to be a long sativa ride, get ready for 4 months of flowering in all of them ;)
Best wishes!

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey thanks for popping in Dubi,
I didn't make the crosses I was just gifted the seeds but yeah that would be good info.

O whoa haha, I better get to flowering once they're big enough.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Orange cup: Golden Tiger x Old Timer's Haze.

Green cup: Malawi x Old Timer's Haze.

Purple cup: Zamaldelica x Old Timer's Haze.

Kaskadian

Veteran
Hi Bobbo! The show begins! I'm excited man, you have some really exciting crosses. You picked three monsters (GT, Malawi, Zamal) I'm interested to see how these turn out when crossed with something like OT Haze.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hey thanks for the interest Kaska!,
Yeah I'm also intrigued to what I'll find, I didn't really choose these crosses as a friend chose and gave them to me lol. Either way it will be exciting and some nice summer time smoke.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I'm going to germinate in a month and a half. We will finish about the same time. I would love to care for a plant that long.
It's not happening in my part of the world. Enjoy their beauty! Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts