What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strongest coconut oil I can make so far

Betteradvise

This is how I go about it:

Coffee grind buds enough to fill pint jar packed tightly. Sous vide at 95C for 1 hour to decarb put jar in bath as it warms up to temp - leave lid loose to vent. Jar can be as full as you want (more = stronger) but pack it tight.

Split decarbed material between two quart jars. Fill each jar with Everclear or similar highest proof spirit you can find. Sous vide 60C for two hours - leave lid loose to vent.

Pour bud/alcohol mix into hash bag or almond milk bag (fine mesh). Squeeze it all out into bowl/pot. Add 1 cup coconut oil.

Fridge to separate - oil will solidify on bottom of pan. Pour off alcohol and return to bottle to recycle for the next time (just keep replenishing your mother mix with new spirits, it gets better with age).

Add hot water - fridge to separate - repeat process to make oil as clean as possible.

After final washing place jar in double boiler bath and fill with oil - cook oil in double boiler on high (your oil will never get over 200 this way) until all bubbles (final decarb) have stopped.

Add 1 Tbl lecithin powder, put on lid and shake it up and put in fridge. Make sure to shake it occasionally until solid to mix lecithin evenly.

Enjoy in small amounts straight or add to something like tea.

Betteradvise

Additional things:

I take off the lid every 20 minutes or so on the bud/alcohol cook jar and stir it up with a plastic chop stick.

I use an electric hand mixer on the strained alchol/oil mixture to ensure even distribution prior to refrigeration.

Easy7

Veteran
What makes you think all the actives are in the oil and not the ethanol you poured off?

WishDoctor

who uses nugs for oil the taste will be like soap, try adding 60grams of 84% thc clear to 1/8 cup coconut thats how we do it...a little drop will do ya
soy lecithin is poison, causes serious physical and mental problems anxiety being number 1, plus soy is plain bad for the human system. use sunflower for a better safer consumption experience.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Personally, I make a Green Dragon tincture (ethanol wash) and mix 1:1 with coconut oil. Heat on a double boiler until the alcohol is gone and bubbling stops (decarb).

I do like the cleaning step though. It's similar to using hexane/water washes to clean up extracts.

JRace

who uses nugs for oil the taste will be like soap, try adding 60grams of 84% thc clear to 1/8 cup coconut thats how we do it...a little drop will do ya
soy lecithin is poison, causes serious physical and mental problems anxiety being number 1, plus soy is plain bad for the human system. use sunflower for a better safer consumption experience.

Personally I find that using clear results in a short, sharp racy high that is "boring", using whole-plant ethanol extract results in a much more balanced and longer-lasting high. Also seems to provide better pain relief as noted by my wife (serious neuropathic pain due to sympathetic nerve disfunction).

The taste is horrible, so I mix the QWET + coconut oil with cornstarch and put into capsules.

My ratio is 1gram QWET : 2ml coconut oil : 6.5g cornstarch
each pill = 750mg of which about 80mg is QWET.

8gram QWET, 16ml coconut oil, 52 gram cornstarch = 100 capsules.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Do a second, loooong extraction on the material and use it for topicals after dewaxing/winterizing. Use the dried material ground to a fine powder instead of cornstarch. Healthier. ;)

JRace

I find many stomachs don't process the ground herb as easy as cornstartch.

The long extraction is what I use for the pills, keep the short first extraction for smoking.

Gry

https://cannapedia.me/Citric+Acid+Extraction
This done with a frozen quick wash.
It makes the hash tea ... more hashy.

if I am hurting, I take 2-300 mg add a couple of drops olive oil to it.
a spoon a lighter and a toothpick work great.
heat it up,stir it up, let it cool.
pour it under the tongue and let it absorb.
I feel it almost instantly, comes on strong.

I was able to use it after surgery.
Let me skip a morphine pump.

Badkittysmiles shared this.

Betteradvise

I have been using solely volcano duff - two quart mason jars filled with the recycled ethanol wash - vape and fill the two jars over time - sous vide then strain through almond milk strainer bag - put bag of strained material into the above mentioned press.

Skip primary decarb step due to vaporizing.

beta

Veteran

Get outta here with this hogwash. Soy and soy lecithin are perfectly safe and healthy. The Japanese ate *primarily* soy for generations and they're some of the healthiest people on the planet.

You aren't a doctor, stop dispensing medical advice you picked up on InfoWars or whatever.

Regards,
SoyBoy

silvi

"Soy contains chemicals that mimic estrogen and lower testosterone levels. About two thousand years ago, tofu - the drained curds from cooked, pureed soybeans - became a regular food for monks and assisted their sexual abstinence."

This excerpt is from " The whole Soy Story"

I don't know about you but I think I will pass!!

silvi

beta

Veteran
"Soy contains chemicals that mimic estrogen and lower testosterone levels. About two thousand years ago, tofu - the drained curds from cooked, pureed soybeans - became a regular food for monks and assisted their sexual abstinence."

This excerpt is from " The whole Soy Story"

I don't know about you but I think I will pass!!

silvi

I don't know about you, but I don't get my scientific or health information from completely unsourced old wives tales I happen to run across.

Phytoestrogens are very common in food, and are 100% safe. Flax seed has more than soy. It's also in sesame seed, multigrain bread, black licorice, garlic, alfalfa sprouts, olive oil, and thousands of other foods that nobody ever seems to have a problem with.

Stop getting your health info from bloggers, know-nothing activists, and con artists.

Stop spreading bogus fear-based medical advice. You are not a doctor.

https://www.drfuhrman.com/library/eat-to-live-blog/137/dont-fall-for-the-myths-about-soy