What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gene Traders Ludlow Mass Sunday Jan 14th

I agree, that Ludlow genetraders was great, but I got both of mine from overgrow also. That Santa Cruz blue dream cut made my outdoor garden happy, Hammers kush was lovely. My in-house prep plans for clones went south also @Zeez, I feel your pain... trying for clones again from gg4 mom, but she's going outdoors also. I'm looking for some diversity, hoping to find clones in the 20-30 range. Omw there now. It was jaycal genetics that hammered out 100's of clones in a few hours down by the river...i was gifted his silverback gorilla and it was small but well rooted and clean, smoked awesome. I crossed it w gg4(r) and it's amazing.
If anybody in here sees me, please say hi. I'm wearing an Xtreme Gardening hat, glasses, beard... possibly in a hazy cloud of smoke.
-PeaceNTrees

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm chilling in the parking lot waiting for overgrow to come pick up his clones:biggrin: and that was easy. I know they looked a little scraggly overgrow but hopefully they work out for you buddy.

yardgrazer

Darnit, was that event this weekend?

Good thing I didn't go to far into planning on being there, because it turns out this weekend was no good for me. Sucks because I'd have loved to have been there. Oh well.

Gone Camping

Was hoping I could get up there for the event, but wasn't to be this year.

I only know one other guy who grows, and trying to schedule a time in his busy life for a genetics trade hasn't worked out for me. Was hoping to score his Tangie cut, and trade some of my best beans.

But please keep continuing to update this thread for NE events, i'm bound to make one of them. Wife and I will be visiting NH's White Mountains in Oct for our 35th, anything happening between Philly area and New Hampshire please share.

Scrappy-doo

I didn’t make it there until 4 and the place was a ghost town. No clones to be seen, all vendors were packing up. Drove there from Boston. Bummer.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I didn’t make it there until 4 and the place was a ghost town. No clones to be seen, all vendors were packing up. Drove there from Boston. Bummer.
Oh crap that sucks man, I didn't go in but the parking lot seemed a lot emptier than the one in the field tbh. Woulda brought you a GG#4 if I knew you were hitting it up. I remember meeting you at the other GT event. :tiphat:

Scrappy-doo

I heard a theory today that maybe people got spooked because they were afraid it was going to get raided. Apparently the local sesh’s have been getting hit lately. Undercover sting operations. First I’ve heard of anything like that here. Woulda spooked me from vending there that’s for sure. Stay safe farmers!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That sucks Scrappy. I bet it's the state cops. They were the same ones who raided that 78 year old woman's garden to chop down 4 plants, then never charge her with anything so she never had a day in court to defend herself. Just pure thuggery.

So I drove 2 hrs there, arrived by 1pm (time flies when you're high); I went w a fellow grower and patient... I got the VIP bag for $125 for the first time, came w 5 random packs of seeds. I was happy w them, most notably a pack of "Cognac" bred by Boston Farmers and "Shuckles" by Exotic Genetics.
I got in and counted 9 vendors, mb 7 attendees. I 1st talked to Mike from Cape Cod Scrog, who had clones in solo cups of Grand Daddy Purple and Gelato: 1/$25, 5/$100. They looked clean, healthy, and came from Beans he acquired 2yrs ago, and has been growing since. From what I could tell from Instagram flower pics, they looked official... There were no flowers in sight, and smoking was outdoors only. He told me they'd been put into solos after rooting...3 weeks ago. Roots for sure, mb even rootbound, lol. I later confirmed it was a thin line, as you can see in the pics. I was glad to take 1 of each. Moved on to BluebloodsGrow who grow strictly outdoors and had like 3 seed menus, including
Bros Grimm gear, and clones of Sour Banana (guy said not sour banana sherbet), gelato 33, and something else, for $35. They were also in solo cups, although some were translucent (boo, but no biggie)...I chatted for a bit about pineapple princess and moved on. My friend grabbed both, though, so I'll report back on roots, health, etc.
Moved on to Apple Guy Flowers, who had a box of apples and mb 2 doz clones of 4 strains but I only remember the lemon og, they looked clean and good size, for $40/1st one, $20 thereafter. At this point, I needed to medicate so pow-wowed w my boy outside for herbs and refreshments, thinking to go back in afterwards and pick out some, as they had plenty left...
Well my intermission felt like a time- warp; I missed catching Overgrowdaworld, then got back inside and only like 4 vendors left. I was happy to meet PhilmoreJars and chat a bit, then got to only vendors left w clones: Plymouth County Growers brought 6 clones of his flagship "Mayflower", for $125/per. Not what I'm looking for @this point, but it was fun talking genetics w him. Last 3 vendors were eternal cultivars, medical Mary jane strains, and a subcool seeds rep. Met up outside w some IG'ers til like 5, then headed out. Not as exciting as past events, but all in all a good experience. Heard the next gene traders event is in August, but the Homegrown Maine event is next weekend in Augusta, ME.

Attachments

• 20190528_001343.jpg
    20190528_001343.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190528_001459.jpg
    20190528_001459.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20190528_001523.jpg
    20190528_001523.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20190528_031734.jpg
    20190528_031734.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20190528_032557.jpg
    20190528_032557.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 8

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Sounds like GeneTraders has jumped the shark!

Something's not right or he would repeat shows at the locations that were a success. The table price jump killed it for me as well as the restrictions on sales or displaying buds.

Bummer as they were fun events when it started, sounds like the big weed expo events with dozens of seed vendors have captured the market.

So I drove 2 hrs there, arrived by 1pm (time flies when you're high); I went w a fellow grower and patient... I got the VIP bag for $125 for the first time, came w 5 random packs of seeds. I was happy w them, most notably a pack of "Cognac" bred by Boston Farmers and "Shuckles" by Exotic Genetics.
I got in and counted 9 vendors, mb 7 attendees. I 1st talked to Mike from Cape Cod Scrog, who had clones in solo cups of Grand Daddy Purple and Gelato: 1/$25, 5/$100. They looked clean, healthy, and came from Beans he acquired 2yrs ago, and has been growing since. From what I could tell from Instagram flower pics, they looked official... There were no flowers in sight, and smoking was outdoors only. He told me they'd been put into solos after rooting...3 weeks ago. Roots for sure, mb even rootbound, lol. I later confirmed it was a thin line, as you can see in the pics. I was glad to take 1 of each. Moved on to BluebloodsGrow who grow strictly outdoors and had like 3 seed menus, including
Bros Grimm gear, and clones of Sour Banana (guy said not sour banana sherbet), gelato 33, and something else, for $35. They were also in solo cups, although some were translucent (boo, but no biggie)...I chatted for a bit about pineapple princess and moved on. My friend grabbed both, though, so I'll report back on roots, health, etc.
Moved on to Apple Guy Flowers, who had a box of apples and mb 2 doz clones of 4 strains but I only remember the lemon og, they looked clean and good size, for $40/1st one, $20 thereafter. At this point, I needed to medicate so pow-wowed w my boy outside for herbs and refreshments, thinking to go back in afterwards and pick out some, as they had plenty left...
Well my intermission felt like a time- warp; I missed catching Overgrowdaworld, then got back inside and only like 4 vendors left. I was happy to meet PhilmoreJars and chat a bit, then got to only vendors left w clones: Plymouth County Growers brought 6 clones of his flagship "Mayflower", for $125/per. Not what I'm looking for @this point, but it was fun talking genetics w him. Last 3 vendors were eternal cultivars, medical Mary jane strains, and a subcool seeds rep. Met up outside w some IG'ers til like 5, then headed out. Not as exciting as past events, but all in all a good experience. Heard the next gene traders event is in August, but the Homegrown Maine event is next weekend in Augusta, ME.

Definitely lots more fun when some ICMag venders are in the building. Too bad about the restrictions, though...i don't remember which at your table were bigger, Chunky, the cans or the flowers! Also, the "consumption allowed events" definitely shine.

Sounds like GeneTraders has jumped the shark!

Something's not right or he would repeat shows at the locations that were a success. The table price jump killed it for me as well as the restrictions on sales or displaying buds.

Bummer as they were fun events when it started, sounds like the big weed expo events with dozens of seed vendors have captured the market.

Scrappy, AgentPothead, missed ya there- I woulda said "high"===~:smoker:

It's all because too commercialized.

I went to a recreational shop or the first time the other day becuse my dad's idiot girlfriend thinks it's somehow better when from what i've seen it's decent at best.

Anyways there is a 20% tax and the prices are insane. Two 500mg vape cartridges are $144 with tax lol. The bud is $50-$60 an eighth (Plus 20% tax) all the way up, limit of 14g per person lol. So an eighth is $60 or $72 depending on the strain you buy.

Even shatter is like $65-$70 so $80+ with tax for a g, when i can buy it for 40 a g or cheaper.

The place was packed too. I can't believe people will pay that kind of money.

P.S. this is why i have only dealt with fellow ICMagers. I have never had problems. And we don't have to meet at events. I prefer to just collect and trade when people feel like trading or buying/selling clones. Every clone i've got from here has been the real deal. I wish there was like an "underground" ICMag trading group or something that meets everything now and then, would be cool.

Did someone say t hey had Gelato? I've been looking for that for awhile. I actually mentioned a few months ago how it's my brothers favorite smoke and i told him i would try and track down a cut but no luck so far. These recent GT events have been too far away.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I couldnt believe how empty the place was?!?!? The reason was that most of the vendors thought for sure it would get raided. Seshs have been getting busted left and right. Big Canna like NETA is hiring people to find and report IG posts of local vendors.
Also informing the police where seshes are being held at and what times.
Its the wild west out here right now.

I missed Zeez. Was looking forward to talking with him.....

I was incredibly grateful for the GG4 cuts AgentPothead gave me. Super scraggly but 2 were rooted. the others are still struggling. Thank You brother.

Scrappy gave me a clone of GMO. Psyched to make some crosses like:
GMO x (SourD x SFVOG)
GMO x (GhostOG x BikerKush)
GMO x (SourDubb x RoadDawg)
GMO x (AJSourD x Skunk18[unclefester])
GMO x (GG4 x SSSDH)
GMO x ([LongValleyRoyalKush x BlackLimeReserve] x AncientOG)
GMO x (HeadBanger x AncientOG)
GMO x DurbanThaiHighFlyer

So as you can see, Ill be on a mad hunt for the best males.

I want that RoadKill Skunk terp profile or something stupid raunchy and gross.
Thank you for making the drive all the way here to hook me up brother!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I was incredibly grateful for the GG4 cuts Maj.Pothead gave me. Super scraggly but 2 were rooted. the others are still struggling. Thank You brother.
Man I'm glad something survived for you after I had the heating mat not turn off! I cannot put into words how upset/sad I was when I saw those plants that morning. And you are very welcome, I just cut more and am gonna be putting the mother plant outside to finish her life in style.:woohoo:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Man I'm glad something survived for you after I had the heating mat not turn off! I cannot put into words how upset/sad I was when I saw those plants that morning. And you are very welcome, I just cut more and am gonna be putting the mother plant outside to finish her life in style.:woohoo:

It's happened to all of us before. No big deal. We always find more.:biggrin: