What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
glock23 said:
Wow, that's a sweet looking strain. Being a tropical grower, I'd love to have pure Panama Roja or some Oro Colombiano. A cross would be nice too...especially a worked one, but I love the pure strains too. I did some pure Indian sativa last year...I was totally unprepared to invest over a year in growing them, but man, it is great smoke with no ceiling! Tall and lanky with a sweet, floral aroma..very sexy. The branches were so thin and bent under the bud weight. In future, if I grow the Indians out again, I'll make sure I stake them up well. I let the tallest go to nearly 12 feet, but it was bent under its own weight.

Hello glock23!

I remember your indian grow at OG. Im glad she finally produced a fine finished product after the long wait. Growing tropical sativas is a challenge. I have more experience with wild nepalese and north indians but would like to learn more from south indian varieties.

Wild nepalese kathmandu and parvati valley sativas also had a lanky structure with thin stems. They had an elegant and delicate appearance with most of the branches bent down at late flowering.

Indian and nepalese sativas have very interesting aromas and tastes. There's a huge genepool there to explore. Thanks for share your pics and experience.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
mark6699331 said:
Hey Dubi, where would I find this purple haze pheno? Is it available? If you guys would like to test some humboldt seeds this spring, keep me in mind. I'd love to forward you some of our med. beans. Have a great sunday!

-mark

If Oldtimer is happy with the idea, we'll offer pure haze seeds in the future. But i'd like to talk with him personally about it.

Thanks for the offering. It'd be great to try your med seeds!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Here are some columbian red point pics i have found in my old hard disk.

Columbian sativas can yeild huge harvests when correctly grown in soil. They are incredible vigorous plants with long and strong branches. Colas are long and dense with a pleasant sweet earthy aroma.

We have experimented with different red columbian/panama subvarities in the past years but only used the best red line for our Panama hybrid.

The one im posting was grown and reproduced 4 years ago.
She produces real big yields and flowering time is around 13 weeks, finishing early november outdoors.

The female was started in June and only a few weeks later she reached 2 meters. Sorry for quality of the pics.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The high is calm and pleasant but maybe too relaxed and not very psychedelic ( high CBD columbian sativa type).
We also grew a peruvian red point sativa and both strains had many similarities in structure, aromas, potency and kind of high. Although they have interesting traits like the strong vigour, huge yields and good aromas they were finally avoided. Some parents showed strong hermie tendencies too.

The red columbian/panama subvariety we worked later was clearly superior. She had the strong psychedelic and electric high we were looking for. Her red pistil trait was spectacular and the resin production and final quality was superior than past red columbian/panama lines. She also was very hermie resistant. That's the red line we used in our Panama hybrid and posted in previous pages.

G

sounds very promising dubi............

and nice pic's as well.........love the contrast of the red soil and green plants.....

FIREGOD

how's this panama rank it potency???
i read a few strains listed in skunk magazine and they rate the old red panama as nuclear????
same?? different??
thanks for any info as i am really lookin @ your offerings & condidering picking up a few!
i just want to know cause i had the real stuff and am familiar with it... i lost my collection and lookin to restock a few past loves!!!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
High firegod!

High is cerebral, psychedelic and tachycardiac the first 1-2 hours. It has strong 'red eye' element and it's relaxed in the end. Some plants could be a little bit more cerebral and others produce a denser columbian high. It's serious old school american sativa pot.

Last edited:

FIREGOD

thanks dubi !
how consistant is the ratio of potency among various plants?
im wondering the chances for a single pack of seeds ,,, for finding a kick ass plant???
your pics are beautiful and they look great!

....... :yummy: also im looking for something super spicy in smell and flavor ????
any reccomendation??? :yummy:

AND WHICH PHENO IS YOUR FAVORITE!!!! :smoker:

Last edited:

kayaal

I was lucky enough to get a smple of the panama at the Highlife fair in Barcelona this week, thanks to the the guys at the ACE seeds' stand.It's a tasty sativa very nice daytime smoke, happy grass.

tiedye420

DUBI
Thank you so much..
Remember the little colombian plant of mine, summer before last, more toward fall.
I had a sneakin suspicion it was panama red (it's bagseedafter all).
Because the growth was a little different than my colombian chocolate's, and then later on I was almost positive, when she flowered on 12/12 lighting...
AFTER seeing the pic on the last page im convinced...
Which means I got a panamaredxnlxkush untested....
Hey on another note Dubi i'm sorry if i take too much of your time, But can you look at these seeds.. It came from some gold "regs" but it was really nice.
Not extremely strong, more sweet gold... I would expect more from santa marta gold.
How is the smoke from SMG raw version?
Thanks my friend
Those panamas look great i should try them babies... Your hybrid sounds nice .
tiedye
Do these beans look like SMG?

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
Panama!

Panama!

check out this great new release from Soundway:

Panama!
Latin, Calypso and Funk on the Isthmus 1965 - 1975

some very impressive tunes on here - top marks

(and a far out cover of Cymande's "The Message" too)

http://www.soundwayrecords.com/index.cfm

this is the first ever release of Panamanian music in the UK etc. for a long while, if ever before

Last edited:

ngakpa

Veteran
hey Raco, anytime there's a strong northerly wind blowing feel free to wave them around outside :)

G

I have some panama x sandstorm in my canna biogen d mix. does anyone know if its the same panama? Well i hope so anyway :D
Impressive looking male you have there raco! :D any plans for crosses or just make more seeds?
I wish i had the cash to buy more seeds but maybe in a few weeks Panama is top of the list anyway.

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
that panama male rocks raco! same with ace panama indoor!

happy weekend dudes.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola esbe :wave:
My Panama male is almost 4 years old!!
The destryer male is even older!
Good weekend bro! :wink:

ngakpa

Veteran
Heya -

How do you think the ACE Panama would respond to being started straight onto 12/12 under 400W? I appreciate it is not likely to be something you have tried yourself, but I have found some sativas can still perform very acceptably. The Panama looks very vigorous so I was wondering if it might be worth a shot.

Lovely stuff man :)

Namkha

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts