What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica - Winter Run

Azure

Dr. Earth Flower Girl Organic Bud & Bloom Booster

Dr. Earth Flower Girl Organic Bud & Bloom Booster

Hi Azure I reckon feed her now she is flowering she needs more food. Try an organic rose fertilizer if you want to stay organic, I dont grow organic indoors so I am not the best person to answer but I find that when that happens in flower early on its lack of nutes.
Tangwena

This was the the only organic fertilizer I could find. Dr. Earth Flower Girl Organic Bud & Bloom Booster this morning. Half dosage. Let's see how she responds. Product Description: Flower Girl fertilizer produces remarkable results because nutrients are released quickly, yet continue to feed for several months. Ultra-premium scientific formula provides optimum levels of primary essential plant nutrients, including micronutrients and multi-minerals. ProBiotic™ ensures organic nutrients are thoroughly broken down and then released in the soil for plant roots to absorb them as they are needed. Infused with ProBiotic™—consisting of “Seven Champion Strains” of beneficial soil microbes and eight select strains of ecto and endo mycorrhizae—which contributes to drought tolerance, enhanced nutrient availability, and increased plant performance. The Dr.Earth® probiotics are a most complete “broad-spectrum” bio-active package designed to work synergistically with the raw organic nutrients that make up the Organic 8™ formula. This spectacular blend builds soil health, promotes superior buds and blooms with larger and more abundant plant production.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Azure sounds like its the goods, in a week you should see if it is what she wanted.
Tangwena

Azure

Into the Lights

Into the Lights

I think the Dr Earth gave her a little boost. She's not drooping the past couple of days since the feeding.

Attachments

• IMG_5158.jpg
    IMG_5158.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 17

Azure

Quick Update

Quick Update

She has stopped stretching and now she is packing on trichomes & a little weight. Next week I'll go to a 11/13 light schedule and post some pics. I trimmed some small branches and gave some very underdeveloped pop corn buds to a buddy. He tested it and said he just needed one hit to get very high. I guess that's a pretty good sign at this point. She may have 6 to 7 weeks left to become a mature Zamaldelica.

Azure

How's the leaves at the bottom going now? Any dying off still.?

Yes, the older lower leaves are yellowing and falling off, but this seems to be a normal part of the flowering cycle from my experience. I fed her once last week and once this week and I did notice an increase in trichome production ten days after the feedings. Not sure if coincidence or just the Zamaldelica progressing normally. The good thing is the feeding didn't mess things up! Hopefully she'll pack on the snow and I'll have some good shots for you.

Azure

11/13 Light Schedule Begins

11/13 Light Schedule Begins

First day of 11/13 light schedule. The Zam is putting on trics but the calyxes have not started to swell and are hard to see. Not sure how much time is left to finish, but I'm patient! Do you guys think this could be the cRaZy Thai pheno? You know, the one that will get you lost when you go get your mail. I have one side branch that looks like it's from another plant. This branch has just calyxes at the nodes. I rotate the plant so it's not because of lack of light. Very interesting! I'll take a pic a pic of it next time.

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 15
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 14
  • z3.jpg
    z3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 15
N

not real geroi

Azure im not sure but the orange pistills in that early stage may be much ferts or am i wrong?

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Azure,
nice one you have but look @ your nutes you give...
Now they don't need much N so you can reduce that!
I see some leave tip burning... that come from too much feeding... also the brown hairs show normally a little overdose... best ist to check the EC of your drain water... >1 means too much nutes... than is better to flush until your around 1.0 max 1.5 but better lower in flower.
Yellowing of the lower leaves is normal and little tip burn can happen... EC is important together with PH of the soil and water... Zamaldelica is very resistent against N... but you have to care... i did feed my first sativa grow also too much because i was growing only indica & indica hybrids... they need more than sativa.... much more... so be careful ...
If the smell is fruity like ananas or mango vanilla than you have this great pheno...#
if it smells more woody it also a great pheno... more malawi but heavy stuff too...
To me all Zamaldelica phenos are great--. you can't go wrong...!
all the best....
M.:tiphat:

Azure

high Azure,
I see some leave tip burning... that come from too much feeding... also the brown hairs show normally a little overdose... best ist to check the EC of your drain water... >1 means too much nutes... than is better to flush until your around 1.0 max 1.5 but better lower in flower.
Yellowing of the lower leaves is normal and little tip burn can happen... EC is important together with PH of the soil and water... Zamaldelica is very resistent against N... but you have to care... i did feed my first sativa grow also too much because i was growing only indica & indica hybrids... they need more than sativa.... much more... so be careful ...
If the smell is fruity like ananas or mango vanilla than you have this great pheno...#
if it smells more woody it also a great pheno... more malawi but heavy stuff too...
all the best....

EC meter is coming Monday so I'll give them a flush in the meantime. The buds are sweet smelling. Like carrots and sugary fruit. Thanks for all the help guys!

Azure

high Azure,
all the best....

A few days ago I flushed the Zamaldelica until the runoff became clear. Today I checked the runoff with the EC meter and it read 0.9 Tomorrow I'll check the pH. She's packing on the trics and buds are filling out. Pics in a couple of days!

Holeshot

Nice work Azure, Was it a fem or reg? They don't need high nutes, but they also don't like being without food for long either.I keep mine around 1.6-1.8 EC with no worries. If the are clawing or leaves tend to be a little more brittle, then back off a bit. How many days now?

Azure

update pics

update pics

Nice work Azure, Was it a fem or reg? They don't need high nutes, but they also don't like being without food for long either.I keep mine around 1.6-1.8 EC with no worries. If the are clawing or leaves tend to be a little more brittle, then back off a bit. How many days now?

These Zamaldelica seeds were feminized and it's been 68 days into the flowering cycle. The plant is becoming wet with trichomes and she seems to be adding more each day.

Attachments

• z1.jpg
    z1.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 12
  • z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 13
  • z2.jpg
    z2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Im wondering if the CFL lighting causes such a variable lux from the top of the plant to the bottom that the plant is stressing itself to reallocate minerals/nutrients from the lower plant up to the top where the lights are? Hense the phantom deficiencies?

Try keep inf your cannopy depth shallow so the light intensity is consistant across the plant.
Scrogging may be the easiest option.
Ive seen some pretty cool cage grows of wild sativas.

Tangwena

Veteran

Hi Azure here are some pics of my Zamal fem at 9 weeks, 6 weeks and harvest, let yours fill out more.
Tangwena

Azure

Im wondering if the CFL lighting causes such a variable lux from the top of the plant to the bottom that the plant is stressing itself to reallocate minerals/nutrients from the lower plant up to the top where the lights are? Hense the phantom deficiencies?

Try keep inf your cannopy depth shallow so the light intensity is consistant across the plant.
Scrogging may be the easiest option.
Ive seen some pretty cool cage grows of wild sativas.

I'll have to do some scrogging in the future. Interesting about the CFL lux. In addition to the 10 42W CFLs, which are above the plant, I have 20 LED lights (10w to 14w) that are providing side lighting 1/4 way down from the top of plant. I've been checking out a lot of Zamaldelica grow journals on ICMAG and other sites and it seems this strain can be picky about the soil and nutes. She seems to be doing well considering this is my 1st indoor grow other than one automatic freebie I grew out before I started this Zamal.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
high Azure,
plant looking good...
was very good idea to flush her!
Looks like you will be rewarded with a great harvest :)
go for it...

Holeshot

Zam

Zam

These Zamaldelica seeds were feminized and it's been 68 days into the flowering cycle. The plant is becoming wet with trichomes and she seems to be adding more each day.
Very nice mate, Wait till the very death to harvest, don't rush it. They mature and resin up a lot in last few days. When you think it's ready. Give it another week.