What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Violeta

Terpene

I love the smell of cannabis in the morning
Veteran
18 days in and the violeta x napalm cross has stretched a significant amount.

From sitting flat under the screen two weeks ago:
picture.php

To this bush (you can barely see the screen at the bottom)
picture.php

Bud details:
picture.php

T

TheFarm

I'm Luuuvin it (sung to the McDonalds tune), it makes my chucking fingers twitch

Terpene

Veteran
We have a winner. Purple is just starting to come through the buds at the three week mark.

picture.php

picture.php

Terpene

Veteran
Ever tried a (Purple Haze x Malawi) x Violeta?

Nope. I have crossed Purple Haze Malawi (pictured previously) to Napalm, but I have yet to plant any. One of these days I will, but I've promised to plant the KaliChinas first.

Terpene

Veteran
5 weeks in and the Napalm x Violeta cross is getting pretty and showing purple in the buds. :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

m0lecule

Hi Terpene, great job!

Here is a cool tool for capturing the head and body high experiences in a visual way. I made one for you on my phone based on your thread - hope you don't mind. It helps patients etc better understand the effects of certain strains and products over time.

Does it ring true or would you have drawn the curve and sliders differently?

http://cannatrip.reviews/review/1d10e7b9-2739-4117-aa49-5af1ec6d9ba3/details

picture.php

Peace from a fellow Ace collector!

Last edited:

Terpene

Veteran
Does it ring true or would you have drawn the curve and sliders differently?

I appreciate what the sliders are trying to do, but I think sativas present too complex a high to be described as sleepy or active - especially a high as complex as Malawi.

A better method of graphing sativas might look like this:

picture.php

m0lecule

I love the sativa effects wheel! Great collection of the terms coined by this forum and especially dubi. "Dense" is still the best description for that numbing and thick yet awake high. :) I think the time dimension is important as well because the highs manifest themselves differently and more strongly throughout the ride, but hard to make visual.

The curves also seem useful in helping people understand the overall effect of a specific product ahead of time. 20mg of one kind of edible can be wildly stronger than 20mg of another, just like 19.2% of a and b can be completely opposite. There are labels using these at www.whatsyourcurve.com.

The Sativa wheel is definitely sweet. I hope it becomes a standard piece of trip reports here.

Looking forward to the next update on Napalm x Violeta. I have grown Rascal's Fire OG and also Destroyer but have never tried the cross. I love how the OG chunked out the Destroyer.

T

TheFarm

those pistils are crazy numerous and thick in the picture, does it seem like that in person compared to other strains you've grown?

T

TheFarm

now I gotta cross Violeta x Panama, just got to, thanks for the inspiration

Terpene

Veteran
Here is the final for the cross at her 8.5 week chop. Probably would have run another week but I'd say this is close enough. Every time I use Ocean Forest it burns everything I put into it. I'm sticking with Happy Frog from now on.

picture.php

picture.php

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I'm liking what's going down in your garden. The plants look lovely. I had a question sort of unrelated, but I noticed you are all under LED? How much do you supplement with cal/mag? Because I tossed an LED in my grow room to cover a dead spot and the plants under it look pretty hurt comparatively. I don't have anything but epsom salts, does it also end up being a calcium drain? I know magnesium is used quite a bit more with extensive red spectrum.

Terpene

Veteran
I'm liking what's going down in your garden. The plants look lovely. I had a question sort of unrelated, but I noticed you are all under LED? How much do you supplement with cal/mag? Because I tossed an LED in my grow room to cover a dead spot and the plants under it look pretty hurt comparatively. I don't have anything but epsom salts, does it also end up being a calcium drain? I know magnesium is used quite a bit more with extensive red spectrum.

Flowering is a mix of LED on one side of the closet and CFL on the other. I too have noticed the plants become quite calcium and magnesium hungry under the pink light but don't have this issue under the CFLs. (I've moved plants with the cal/mag nutrient deficiency under the pink light under CFLs and the problem goes away as well.)

The recent use of Ocean Forest and additional nutes (molasses, pure bloom) was NOT appreciated by the cross and ended up minorly cooking the plant around week 2-3. I think I am just going to toss a scoop of dolomite lime into my normal straight out of the bag Happy Frog or Roots and call it even with whatever the plants end up with. Seems to be the best overall solution for my setup.

Last edited: