What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Cure 1, 2, 3, ala TK

Day 5 has come and gone and the ppm has dropped a lot today. Day 4 must have been a big push for the buds because the ppm coming out of the jar was just 207. With 70 ppm going in I am gonna pull em out of the water tonight. I will dry em overnight in the dehydrator and post my report on the smoke.

G

The water cured bud is way super smooth. I take big bong rips and barely have the need for even a chuckle, but with the air dried I almost heave and cough my friggin lungs out.

I'm sure there is a certain amount of the effect that is due to the coughing and there is a marked tinge in your nasal cavity a sharpness like in the roof of your mouth with the air dried.

The 30 day mark on the jars will be the real test cuz that's what the water cured is like right now. It drys in two or three days to it's final size and density not like the 30-45 days in the jars.

The strength/potency seems to be the same but I think there a little placebo effect because of the coughing and slobbering that makes you think the air dried is stronger a little.

I'll keep ya posted

Tex

Well the final ppm came out at 135. I dried it out overnight and have now sampled it. Definately no loss in potency. Super smooth smoke but I don't like the flavor. My wife likes it a lot, but she doesn't like the chronic taste that most buds have.

The plants these buds are from bagseed. They grew out awsome and quite potent. They have a very strong flavor of good chronic. The water cure took it all out. It tastes funky now. The flavor is like the smell of the water it was in but very light.

I have some bubblicious starting now from seed. I am growing it 12/12 from start to finish and in 2 months, when they are finished, I will try the water test again. Maybe it is just this strain that is funky. I will post the water cure on my next crop when they finish up.

G

I don't care for that taste or smell. I think my water curing days are over.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
I've heard that if you jar cure the water cured bud just like normal, a lot of the original taste comes back. Won't hurt to take a bud or t2o and jar it for a while....

-MGJ

G

So maybe this isn't a way to cure, more of an osmosis flushing method?

The benefit, like mentioned before, is that you can pump them full of nutes up until harvest.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
ICBW but I think there's no shortcut for total curing time. Water cure might help make the smoke smoother than initial air dry / cure, but for the best taste I think a full dark cure would do the trick. -MGJ

G

Thats what i'm thinkig Melvin. It sounds like a lil Osmosis going on. Where One side is trying to even it self out with the other. I was gonna try it but if its just the smoothness that is improved then a long cure in jars will do fine.

Blatant :wave:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Blatant
I agree. Thought it would be good for some quick smoother stash while waiting for a longer cure on the rest of the harvest, or maybe for folks who forgot to flush ( wifey'd never let me get away with that one! ). -MGJ

SativaBelieva

I'm trying the water cure with some prematurely harvested buds... I run out of stash and my grow room was pilling out... different plants in different stages... so now these buds have laid in a bucket of water... changed fresh water daily... for 6 days long... I stopped because I thought I washed some crystals away everytime... yesterday I've placed them on paper towels on a tray to dry... I had to change the paper towels today as they were still wet...

How long will it take before I can smoke 'm???

SativaBelieva

3 days... it was smoke-dry... 2 weeks in the jar and some of its smell recoveres and the smoke is super sooth...

For my next harvest I'll do the air cure, as I love that Sage 'n Sour smell...

I'll keep on using this technique in the incident of early picked buds or any unflushed crop...

This sounds like a very cool new way to cure buds... but I just couldnt bring myself to filling my curing jar full of buds with water! I woulda be soooo worried about ruining the buds. Ohh well, maybe someday ill try this water curing out..... until then ill stick with air drying and curing in jars w/o water.

SativaBelieva

Tested 2 joints with cigarette filter... and the regularly air-dried (dry fresh, not cured) weed leaves noticably more dirt in the filter! Without getting scientific I'm confident to say that the water-cured weed is a much cleaner smoke!...

Very interesting read Tex. I'm gonna have to try it on a few nuggies and see what this smooothness is all about. Sounds good as I have a "chronic" cough that I cant seem to get rid of.... :confused: :biglaugh:

Peace :joint:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
i'm watercuring a little bit of bud now, i started yesterday. when i changed the water today it defiantly had a smell of grass and the water didn't look too healthy

i took a tiny nugget and let it dry up a bit and did a test bong rip and it was alot smoother.

i'll keep updating on the status of the nug

prob take a pic when its done

G

I still do it on a selective basis. It does make the smoke alot smoother but it looses some of the bag appeal as far as color goes but actually dries faster than if you didn't water cure.

I did 2 oz's of the Trainwreck last round and it really tamed the harshness down alot

Tex

Latest posts

Latest posts