What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any idea what is wrong with my plant? (pics)

Relevant points:

-27 day old autoflower plant.

- growing in 100% coco

- feeding every 12 hours until run off

- PH 5.8-6.2 (using the color strips so it's hard to clarify with more specificity)

- Using general hydroponics nutrients (per gallon: 4ml micro, 8ml bloom)

- Using an LED light that is approximately 15' above the plant

I do not have a ppm meter. I am not using calmag at this time.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Amynamous

[URL=https://i.ibb.co/hYN6Rsw/20200828-171527.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.ibb.co/C2Tq546/20200828-171510.jpg]View Image[/url]

Relevant points:

- growing in 100% coco

- PH 5.8-6.2 (using the color strips so it's hard to clarify with more specificity)

Any ideas? Thank you!

15 feet or 15 inches?
What kind of power output on the LED?

Amynamous

That’s a lot of light. I’m envious.
The description of the light i read says to keep the light at least 8 inches from the canopy, so you’re probably fine there. I’ve never grown in 100% coco, so I’m stumped.
She does look unhappy though.

That’s a lot of light. I’m envious.
The description of the light i read says to keep the light at least 8 inches from the canopy, so you’re probably fine there. I’ve never grown in 100% coco, so I’m stumped.
She does look unhappy though.

Thanks for looking into it regardless. Very kind of you. Cheers.

budsnblunts

Veteran
I would go with calmag to help. Epsom salts and see if that improves your problem. 5 grams to 5 litres of water with your regular feed should do it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Where leaf stems are red (in foreground pic), seems to be inching toward nutrient lockout. Autos, are finicky in coco.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You didn't state how big the pot was. In MY opinion, that's a lot of watering - every 12 hours until runoff. I'd definitely get a ppm meter, and I'd back off the watering as much while adding cal-mag to the feeding schedule.

You didn't state how big the pot was. In MY opinion, that's a lot of watering - every 12 hours until runoff. I'd definitely get a ppm meter, and I'd back off the watering as much while adding cal-mag to the feeding schedule.

Thank you and noted. I was hoping to avoid the expense, but it appears necessary (the meter).

Will back off the watering. The pot is 3 gallons. I thought it was virtually impossible to overwater coco? Mistaken?

This just occured to me....for the first 25 days of my grow the runoff was a kind of orange color.

These last few days the runoff has been white as snow.

Hmmm...

Thank god this is just a hobby lol I'm awful at this shit.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I also forgot...........as soon as you get that PPM meter, take a reading of your runoff.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
[URL=https://i.ibb.co/hYN6Rsw/20200828-171527.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://i.ibb.co/C2Tq546/20200828-171510.jpg]View Image[/url]

Relevant points:

- growing in 100% coco

Any ideas? Thank you!
First thing to do is to get a pH and a PPM/EC meter. Second thing is to get nutrients that are specific to coco growing (Canna, Plagron, even Biobizz). The nutrients are probably ok, however without knowing how much has built up in the medium (runoff), it's hard to tell what is going on in the medium.

The leaf looks like potassium deficiency/lockout. Potassium can be locked out by too much nitrogen, magnesium, sodium or boron.

https://agradehydroponics.com/blogs/a-grade-news/nutrient-antagonism-which-nutrients-affect-others

At the same time coco indoors uses more potassium.

roybart

I feed my 3 gallon buckets the same amount and brand of nutes. DWC with a bubbler

I feed mine once a week. Granted my water is 700 odd ppm out of the tap.

Coco and DWC you cannot over water per se but you can over feed them.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Reduce your bloom to equal your micro! (4 micro and 4 bloom) The extra bloom is affecting your pH and causing lockout. Your plant should come back to good heath quick!

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
I´ve seen something like that in my tent.

I found out, that if the leds were too close to the small plants, a day or two, maybe less,
they would be burned, just like I see on your leaves.

The damage could first be seen days after the accident.

It took me some grows before I learned to avoid lightburning in the start of the grow (up to 3-4 weeks)

Keep distance :bump:

P :smoke:

First a sincere thank you...

So I took the advice offered in this thread. I added epsom salt (1 tsp/gallon), dropped the bloom back to equal the micro (4ml/gallon each), dramatically cut the watering back to once every 36 hours (till 10% drain off) and got a PPM meter.

The PPM of the nutes in the reservoir is 725. The PPM of the run off is 1353! Conductivity in the nutes is 1542 us/cm, conductivity of the run off is 2878 us/cm.

Salt buildup presumably? So now what?

The plant still looks like absolute shit, tough to tell if it's getting better (it's only been 3 days since I have made the changes).

I'm brand new and obviously don't know what I'm talking about...but I'm starting to think it's the coco. I used very old General Hydroponic brand brick coco, gave it a water bath for 24 hours and threw it in the smart pots. I did not know about "flushing" until after I started my grow. If it is indeed salty/shitty coco, is there anything I can do at this point?

What do you guys think? I sill have purple stems indicating nute lock, yellow everywhere, a few crispy fan leaves, etc.

..Fucking this up royally but I'm learning a ton from you guys. Cheers!