What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Senescence

How much will buds continue to grow/mature once senescence starts? I'm relating senescence to the yellowing/dropping of leaves.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
None in my experience. If the plant is carrying seeds. They dump their load (survival). I had one strain I pushed to the limit (not on purpose) She was in full [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]senescence and still had about 5-10% clear trichs.
[/FONT]

I just harvested my plants. I chose to cut them after they had more or less completely turned yellow and were dropping leaves...and at the same time the buds were full with red hairs scattered about.

I think they were well into senescence and I think I cut them at the right time. Trich's are too small for me to go off of.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I just harvested my plants. I chose to cut them after they had more or less completely turned yellow and were dropping leaves...and at the same time the buds were full with red hairs scattered about.

I think they were well into senescence and I think I cut them at the right time. Trich's are too small for me to go off of.
Use 60X magnifier to look at 'em, as you can't really tell by the naked eye :)

Latest posts

Latest posts