What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

computer help

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
looking for some help from any resident computer experts. lately my laptop has been running hot(fan always coming on or staying on) as well as seeming slower than usual. i find that using task manager to close programs running in the background help a bit but not much. any suggestions? thanks in advance.

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
thanks bro i will give that a try. i have also noted it seems to be at its absolute worst when i am using netflix. as soon as i start watching a show or movie on that site my fan is at maximum however i can watch the same movie or show on a different streaming site and it happens much less or not at all. i am pretty computer illiterate so i am not sure how this factors into the equation...

bigpeter

Overheating due to fluff blocking cpu cooler vent. This will typically slow machine down and may eventually spontaneously shutdown.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
looking for some help from any resident computer experts. lately my laptop has been running hot(fan always coming on or staying on) as well as seeming slower than usual. i find that using task manager to close programs running in the background help a bit but not much. any suggestions? thanks in advance.
When was the last time your computer was cleaned? (yes I am serious)

JKD

Veteran
Another who thinks your laptop needs cleaning.

Also, assuming its Windows, you can type ‘disk’ in the windows box bottom left corner and select the program that comes up to declutter your computer. After that type defrag in the same place and use that program to defragment or optimise your drives for improved performance.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Another who thinks your laptop needs cleaning.

Also, assuming its Windows, you can type ‘disk’ in the windows box bottom left corner and select the program that comes up to declutter your computer. After that type defrag in the same place and use that program to defragment or optimise your drives for improved performance.
They do! So you have yourself a nice day!

billy_big_bud!

Veteran
to be honest i have never cleaned it other than wiping down the keyboard, screen and case with windex. im guessing im over due for a cleaning? the laptop is almost 10 years old. still running windows 7....

Latest posts

Latest posts