What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top drip plumbing hardware advice

tilopa

I want to do a top drip on 12 buckets. I want to find something better than those rain bird type emitters because they have poor flow distribution (only drips on one little area of the pot), and they have uneven flow when connecting more than one or two pots.

My understanding is that if you want even water distribution you either have to have all your lines be the exact same length, or use pressure compensating emitters. All the pressure compensating emitters I've found online are too small and suffer from the same lack of coverage as any other emitter.

So, is anyone using something else that can give your plants a good drench over the entire top of the pot, or at least significantly more of an area that a 1/4" emitter.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to do a top drip on 12 buckets. I want to find something better than those rain bird type emitters because they have poor flow distribution (only drips on one little area of the pot), and they have uneven flow when connecting more than one or two pots.

My understanding is that if you want even water distribution you either have to have all your lines be the exact same length, or use pressure compensating emitters. All the pressure compensating emitters I've found online are too small and suffer from the same lack of coverage as any other emitter.

So, is anyone using something else that can give your plants a good drench over the entire top of the pot, or at least significantly more of an area that a 1/4" emitter.

Look for Drip Rings. I have Hydro Halo which accept 3/8" ID tubing and adjustable valves (see pic). In this set up I used net pot lids and Air Pots filled with lava rock. The red plastic lid to a large tote was tiled to drain back to the rez.

FYI, the drip rings did clog, probably because I was not using a product like Dutch Master Zone. I tried drilling the holes but they still clogged, but they are easy to clean

hth

attachment.php

DunHav`nFun

A loopfield manifold is necessary to help provide equal flow and pressure to each plantsite…..and yes , equal length driptubing to each plant is mandatory to again insure the loopfield is pressurized so it can provide said equal flow and pressure......now.....

I ran DTW coco for many many yrs , and even though drip rings are nice but costly and guaranteed to clog , I ran 1/4" open ended driptubing hooked to basket stakes that when the feed hit the basket stakes , it spread the feed juice 360 degrees with never a clog.....

If using emitters or drip rings , do yourself a favor and employ H&G`s Dripclean @ 1 ml per gal in every feed and no more clogging guaranteed.....Hope that helps....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying: …...

roybart

Its the blue part and the ring

I used these, you only need a good air supply with a manifold to give equal air. Now you get a drip ring on the top , a water level gauge, and oxygenated water.
https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydr...TNNS3MVT7KW&psc=1&refRID=GXWBGYDASTNNS3MVT7KW

I made one minor mod, I made the drip ring smaller and larger holes. Then made it to fit inside the basket so all the drip goes where it should.
I pull the rings from the other two buckets once a month, I don't have any clog issues

Yes I have two different bucket systems.. Got them super cheap..

Last edited: