What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do you turn off your lights when you work in the tent?

The123321

Do you turn off the lights in your tent when you work in the tent? I have a 240w kingbrite led and even at only 50% when I work in the tent it feels like I have been on the beach for the day. What about sunglasses? Would you turn the light down to minimum while in there or would you turn the light off then work in the tent then turn the lights back on? The plants are autos on 24/0 from seed in the tent on there.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
i use growing glasses for neutralizing that yellowing hps light

RockinRobot

I run 2 600w HPS and I work in there all the time with no eye protection. However, the hoods do make it so that I don't have to look directly at the bulbs. If you can't help but look at the lights, then sun glasses are a good idea.

St. Phatty

if I turn off the lights, I couldn't see the clouds of pollen released by the Hermie, which reminds me to hold my breath.

I think I'm going to harvest the Hermie and freeze it, then test the seeds. if i get all females or regular seeds, that pollen will be valuable.

otherwise it's all bird food. they don't just eat the plant, they peck at the root ball too.

until all that's left is about 8 stems laying on the back porch, surrounded by dirt they pulled out of the 1 gallon pots.

wish I could harvest the bird's chemical energy to generate electricity.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It just takes one time looking at HPS lights for a few seconds, in a close proximity, to cause permanent damages to the eyes, like bleaching the retina. So if you could avoid it, you should not look straightly at these bulbs ever! (Any Wattage) As a matter as a fact, you should stay out until the FUCKING lights are OUT COMPLETELY !!! Your eyesight is not worth wasting just so you can see a plant or a bud.

wutwut

Veteran
winner@420giveaway
It just takes one time looking at HPS lights for a few seconds, in a close proximity, to cause permanent damages to the eyes, like bleaching the retina. So if you could avoid it, you should not look straightly at these bulbs ever! (Any Wattage) As a matter as a fact, you should stay out until the FUCKING lights are OUT COMPLETELY !!! Your eyesight is not worth wasting just so you can see a plant or a bud.

hmm.. maybe this is one thing with others, why my head hurts in evening.. i've been thinking it can't be migraine at every night, so it has to be that hps light!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Grow lights, especially at the close distances we usually work around them, are very bad for eyesight. Micro Grows are double danger to a lot of growers, thinking they're 'smaller' lights and less harmful. In many cases the grower gets much more exposure being inches away, vs. being up to a few feet away from a large HID.

I think I'm going to harvest the Hermie and freeze it, then test the seeds. if i get all females or regular seeds, that pollen will be valuable.
:(

Unless you're planning on keeping everything in-house, and not releasing seeds or pollen to the world until *after* you've weeded the hermie-ness out of them, kill the hermie and destroy the seeds.
:tiphat:

If you REALLY want female seeds, find plants which do not hermie and make your own feminized pollen/seeds from them. It's ridiculously simple. :) I even have a handy link in my signature.

troutman

Seed Whore
I try to do as much as possible the minute the light goes on before it gets warm.

I also wear a hat, sometimes sunglasses and most importantly never look at the bulb(s). :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts