What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COVID-19 Boots on the ground reports, what is happening in your town?

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
COVID-19 cases drop 40% since last week

Latest data in U.S. mirror global trend
Published February 4, 2021 at 7:10pm

The number of reported COVID-19 infections has plummeted 40% in the United States in just one week and 30% worldwide in the past three weeks.

And the primary reason is not the distribution of vaccines, contend experts, who point out that only 8% of Americans and 13% people worldwide have received their first dose, DailyMail.com reported.

A New York Times COVID-19 case tracker indicated cases in the U.S. were down 30% from just last week, according to Marketwatch.

Statistics from Johns Hopkins show the nation's seven-day rolling average is down 40%.

Daily cases have dropped 45% since the latest peak Jan. 11, according to data from the COVID-19 Tracking Project.

The World Health Organization said Monday its World in Data graphs show the daily infection rate has fallen by 30% over the past three weeks.

Some public health experts told DailyMail.com it's possible that more people contracted the virus than previously thought, and some regions could be experiencing herd immunity.

Many epidemiologists have noted the coronavirus, in a second wave, is following the bell-shaped pattern of epidemics predicted by Farr's Law in 1840, regardless of mitigation efforts.

Further, in January, the World Health Organization officially acknowledged that the "gold standard" test used to diagnose COVID-19 has a high rate of false-positives that make it unreliable.

In a July podcast that resurfaced in December, Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted the widely used PCR tests pick up harmless fragments of the coronarvirus, resulting in many false-positive cases that result in overstating the threat.

In August, the New York Times examined PCR testing data in three states and found "up to 90 percent of people testing positive carried barely any virus."

In an advisory to lab workers issued Jan. 13, the WHO recommended a second test to confirm any diagnosis for people who aren't showing any symptoms of the disease.

"Where test results do not correspond with the clinical presentation, a new specimen should be taken," the guidance says.

The WHO warns that most PCR tests "are indicated as an aid for diagnosis," meaning health care providers should consider at least seven other factors to confirm any test.

WND reported in December an external peer review concluded a major paper supporting the PCR test for COVID-19 has 10 "serious flaws," resulting in many false positive cases.

A briefing published by four British scientists concluded PCR testing is "distorting policy and creating the illusion that we are in a serious pandemic when in fact we are not."

"A false positive pseudo-epidemic is a well described phenomenon in the medical literature which results in an exponential rise in diagnosed cases and deaths but no excess deaths," the British researchers write.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/02/covid-19-cases-drop-40-since-last-week/

Gry

What we are seeing is the mass of infections which rose as the result of travel over the holidays starting to fall again.
Little has improved and many places are about as hot as they have been.
With vaccines available, this seems to me to be the time when prudence is most appropriate.

Gry

This mask refuser is doing just fine. Te bandana I use when I have to wear one, is getting nasty. So when are the vaxers gonna get tired of wearing a mask, and skip it? When does the vax passport (Corona virus ID) get started for those who took the jab? People are actually fighting over getting stuck first with gates' poison.
All who have enlisted likely got enough damned vaccines to
preserve raw meat in the afterlife.

Im'One

As much as I despise anecdotal evidence being presented as definitive, I have heard of more likely cases of false negative tests than false positive

Im'One

My home town is suffering greatly from the non mask foolishness that and the stubborn insistence on church, family gatherings weddings funerals etc...because of God.
In-laws of mine have lost numerous family members to God's will.

buzzmobile

Veteran
What we are seeing is the mass of infections which rose as the result of travel over the holidays starting to fall again.
Little has improved and many places are about as hot as they have been.
With vaccines available, this seems to me to be the time when prudence is most appropriate.

Don't worry, Gry. We can get those numbers going back up. SUPER BOWL!

imiubu

My home town is suffering greatly from the non mask foolishness that and the stubborn insistence on church, family gatherings weddings funerals etc...because of God.
In-laws of mine have lost numerous family members to God's will.

Oh, the irony.

Exercising Freedom of Assembly.
Hmmm imagine that :thinking: and in America too.
For shame! :spanky:

Im'One

Oh another youtube video source. I can't wait.

My district is waking up to the fact that many districts in the state are vaccinating their teachers while we are caught flat footed again...I managed to get mine because a friend over sixty five as called after he had already been vaccinated. I left school without telling my admin and got shot and came back to my class while my friends covered for me!
Other teachers in our building went to get shots and lied about which district they worked for. Once this was facebook pointed out by a board candidate they got busy and fabricated a plan to get teachers vaccines.

St. Phatty

210206-st-louis-city-justice-center-al-0958_381bf83258bb70e7f491ac51d03d2420.fit-2000w.jpg

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/115-inmates-take-over-section-downtown-st-louis-jail-n1256932

Serious progress on the mask front.

Though all these masks may be related to a desire for anonymity.

Are we better off now than when a group of rioters broke off from the larger group of protesters, and entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 ?

Gry

Why dont you focus on excess death rate instead of testing.
The excess death rate was the result of a former president who
had more concern about appearances than a responsibility to protect
and serve the people.
The focus is in getting people vaccinated, and to be aware that personal protective gear is still appropriate.
There are well over a dozen different vaccines currently available.
If we had a free market, one would think that it would not take long to figure out which vaccine worked out the best ...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Freedom of assembly ? Free to be stupid and endanger everyone more likely...is that in the constitution?

just like the Bible. if you squint hard enough & use your imagination (and don't care if folks laugh & point) you can find ANYTHING...

Gry

Oh another youtube video source. I can't wait.

My district is waking up to the fact that many districts in the state are vaccinating their teachers while we are caught flat footed again...I managed to get mine because a friend over sixty five as called after he had already been vaccinated. I left school without telling my admin and got shot and came back to my class while my friends covered for me!
Other teachers in our building went to get shots and lied about which district they worked for. Once this was facebook pointed out by a board candidate they got busy and fabricated a plan to get teachers vaccines.

The local cannabis shop has two large air handlers that push a lot of air through the structure, would think that schools deserve similar if not better.

G

Every aspect of the Bill of Rights becomes more flexible under Emergency Powers and the General Welfare clause. Research will show that the ban on public assembly and the enforcement of masks as a part of necessary social activity was going on over 100 years ago in many places, due to what was then the Spanish Flu epidemic.

One somewhat (poetically) parallel example comes to mind. The deinstitutionalization of mentally ill and developmentally delayed persons was sold in many cases as a focus on 'rights' when it was frequently about the cost of institutional care. So deinstitutionalization occurred. A good thing in some cases, but certainly far from being a good thing in all of them.

I recall, as the winter time mortality rates from exposure in many American cities rose, someone, (can't remember who it was) stated something to the effect of, "Look, there they are, freezing to death, all wrapped up warm in their rights."

There are some parallels there. Except for the fact that those who were "wrapped up warm in their rights" weren't inherently infecting others with a virus that kills some, spares others, and often leaves cling-on disorders that may last a LONG time, & potentially forever.

Im'One

Every aspect of the Bill of Rights becomes more flexible under Emergency Powers and the General Welfare clause. Research will show that the ban on public assembly and the enforcement of masks as a part of necessary social activity was going on over 100 years ago in many places, due to what was then the Spanish Flu epidemic.

One somewhat (poetically) parallel example comes to mind. The deinstitutionalization of mentally ill and developmentally delayed persons was sold in many cases as a focus on 'rights' when it was frequently about the cost of institutional care. So deinstitutionalization occurred. A good thing in some cases, but certainly far from being a good thing in all of them.

I recall, as the winter time mortality rates from exposure in many American cities rose, someone, (can't remember who it was) stated something to the effect of, "Look, there they are, freezing to death, all wrapped up warm in their rights."

There are some parallels there. Except for the fact that those who were "wrapped up warm in their rights" weren't inherently infecting others with a virus that kills some, spares others, and often leaves cling-on disorders that may last a LONG time, & potentially forever.

Too had there's no Bill Of Responsibilities. We need one.

Gry

Regan. The country gave him far better than he ever gave it.