What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

65 days from germination, really?

So I was looking at the breeder page for my rando auto and I noticed it said it runs for 65 days from germination. Now, I'm pretty much at that point and my plant doesn't quite look ready, granted it's getting 12/12 with my photos.

I don't know much about autos but it started flowering about 30 days ago so is the flowering cycle really only a month?

Dog Star

Veteran
Maybe breeder was tought on phenos that are first finished in a group,

and you get one that is a bit longer flowering,

also autos are best to grow 18/6 to a end of a ciclus so maybe this is a reason
why your plant is underdeveloped enough for your auto standards.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yup, they prefer 18/6, 20/4 light. You'll finish at 12/12 but far less yield. Most finish between 70-85 days. Typically once sex shows at 17-25 days, it's another 40 days+-.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Breeder's listed 'times' are only good for a general guide.

Always check trichomes for accuracy in harvest timing. 5-15% amber will net you the highest THC/CBD levels and the lowest CBN content. Count 20 trichomes on a few spots on the flowers themselves (sugar leaves have higher amber rates and are not accurate). 1 amber trichome in 20 is 5%, 2 is 10% and 3 amber is 15%.

Chop any new strain/phenotype at all three stages and test after drying. You'll find one you like best. :)

Thanks guys :)

Yeah I know 12/12 isn't ideal for autos but the only other lights I have on 18+ are my fluros so I figured the gavita flower room would be a better home for it. I wasn't even planning on having this plant originally so didn't look much into them the seed was given to me so I decided fuck it and ran it :p

I was expecting the flowering cycle to be about 8 weeks tho, I haven't been feeding it as I would if I knew its cycle was ending soon, least now I know. I did look at trichomes yesterday and saw no amber ones, mostly all milky white now (and about 1/3rd of pistils are red if ur a pistil kinda guy.)

Nannymouse

420giveaway
Mouse has only had two strains of autos, and either one would finish sixty days from germ, and could make mature seed in that time, too. Back then, i only had them in short containers, like window boxes, so that may make a difference. small harvests of very good potency, though.

The_Skunkist

~~ Auto Ninja ~~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I was looking at the breeder page for my rando auto and I noticed it said it runs for 65 days from germination. Now, I'm pretty much at that point and my plant doesn't quite look ready, granted it's getting 12/12 with my photos.

I don't know much about autos but it started flowering about 30 days ago so is the flowering cycle really only a month?

Here a postal card from few years ago that replies to some of your answers :
picture.php

Oh no , I'm wrong it's 66 days not 65 . My bad ! :tongue: :headbange

Latest posts

Latest posts