What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Connecticut bill to legalize and regulate marijuana

Azure

A bill to legalize and regulate marijuana for adults was introduced by House Deputy Majority Leader Juan Candelaria (D-New Haven) to the Connecticut legislature earlier this week, joining a similar bill filled in January.House Bill 6703 would make possession, sale, transport, growth and use of marijuana legal for adults 21 or older, “subject to certain restrictions."

Let's support this bill!

Buddle

Veteran
I agree this would be wonderful. Connecticut gubberment has no intention of ever legalizing growth of weed for med patients nevermind recreational users. They want their every penny.

fresh249

I know this is an old thread - but I disagree with the medical bud being good, in a lot of cases it is worse than what we can get on the street
plus our weed is Super expensive compared to other states

eyes

Veteran
I know this is an old thread - but I disagree with the medical bud being good, in a lot of cases it is worse than what we can get on the street
plus our weed is Super expensive compared to other states

What are you guys paying nowadays? been a bit for me but was upward to 4 per z

Buddle

Veteran
I agree with you now Fresh.
Eyes..I believe the dispensaries get between 325 and 425 an oz depending on strain. Market prices on the street would be 200 for outdoor. 250-300 for indoor per oz.

fresh249

Thanks for agreeing with me sry it took so long to post a reply ..... I lost track of this thread
Ct has made strides to be better but the medical program just seems (to me at least) to be about charging as much as possible for average herb .... so I'm trying to teach as many patients as I can .. how to grow

Buddle

Veteran
Yes the quality of flowers In Ct dispersa ríes is lacking for sure. The prices were 41.25 for an eigth last week.

Scrappy-doo

Black market retail for top shelf was $350+ in New Haven when I moved out of there just 6 mo ago. I know a guy who gets $400 right now.

hillside

Im bored so ill bring some light to the subject lol ........ Dispensaries are ok to slightly above average in my opinion . black market for indoor top shelf gorilla glue , sour diesel , og , cookie , cookie cross es etc. Are 200-250 per zip . 400? I wish i knew your people lol . units going for 24-28 this is all top shelf indoor equivalent to best you will find in dispo. Market is flooded here good outs going for 15-21 light dep slightly more . that is a 100 pct accurate description of market for anyone . i wonder if legalization will kill market here seems unlikely with the high prices in the dispensary over 400 and ounce for what you can get 150$ cheaper in the streets

Buddle

Veteran
Black market retail for top shelf was $350+ in New Haven when I moved out of there just 6 mo ago. I know a guy who gets $400 right now.

Good for him. I guess I'm a little more old school. We used to get 400 back in the day but seems a little greedy these days. I know kids that get that at college .

GANJA MONSTA

On Thursday morning, 04/05/18 for the first time in Connecticut legislature, a recreational marijuana bill made it out of the appropriations committee and is headed to the full General Assembly!

The appropriations committee voted 27-24 to approve the bill!

The committee requested several different state agencies come up with a plan to legalize & regulate Cannabis in CT. The completed plan is due Oct. 1 and will then be submitted to the General Assembly for a vote.

Come on CT it's time to legalize!

Buddle

Veteran
Let's hope when Malloys gone. The next governor will not want all the mmj tax money to go to Mass, R.I., Maine etc. Nothing against those states. They were smart. I don't see how a bankrupt state can ignore the money it will bring.

nickman

Veteran
how is the nug from CT dispensaries? we desperately need home cultivation rights in the tri state area.

I second that statement :laughing:...!!!... I just don’t see it happening anytime soon... I really hope though someday these states get with it...!!!...

sillyphilly

I agree Nickman !

I agree Nickman !

Leagalization for rec use will not happen anytime soon! They talk a good game but in the end......i dont know they get scared? Overall this will def help get us outta the red ya know.

Buddle

Veteran
Well we, Connecticut residents , are finally going to have the right to grow our own. Residents with prior pot convictions will get their records expunged as well. Hallelujah!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts