What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

**Inside DrBud's Lab every 48 hours W/Pics**

MapleMonk

big :yes::yes::yes::yes: dr.!!
but where the hell you are brewing this "nose-nightmare" tea? i´m sure plants will love that stuff !

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
MapleMonk said:
big :yes::yes::yes::yes: dr.!!
but where the hell you are brewing this "nose-nightmare" tea? i´m sure plants will love that stuff !

It's in my Grow room.....right next to an Exhaust fan..... :bigeye:
And the smell is Minimal as long as ya don't let the Brew Die between batches....and keep it FULL of air and food for the "Good Bugz".... :dance:

Pig-Pen

DrBudGreengenes said:
Day 1....

Day 7...

It's interesting how much more even in height they are after the first week.

Do you think all the stretch in the smaller clones is because of plant density, distance from light, both and/or other?

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
Those pics really show what you mean by finding the sweet spot. That's awesome DrBud, knowing that part alone about a strain is a valuable piece of info for a grower to have.

G

grapepunched

hopefully this thread will change the grow world for the better.
shut up the haters and open some eyes...
numbers = yield people, no matter how big...
k+ to a cannabis activist who's changing people's opinions

-gp

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Suby said:
Sounds nice, you'll get a nice fungal and bacterial balance with a tea like that.
I like that you mix compost sources, sounds like a great way of ensuring some good diversity in the microherd.
Do you include any liquid seaweed?
Alfalfa meal carries triacontinol, a natural growth hormone if not and the compost will carry over the micros with no problems.

:rasta:

No I don't use any liquid Seaweed.....I have not found a Non-Grow outlet for it.....if I can't find it without going to a Grow Store or Ordering Online I won't use it.

My Methods are Based On NO contact with what is known to LEO and others as a place where "Pot Growers" might go for supplies.

So on that note I am going preparing my own powdered version with some Kelp from a local beach...that my fail-safe way of obtaining what I need

BTW....Suby....I had no idea you were french...I saw your posts in the French Forum :joint:
I tried to make heads or tails out of it but is does not translate well

Last edited:

Mr.Bill

Man that tea looks like shit DR. B. You have any extra for me, I haven't brewed one up for a minute(I been lazy) ;) I really like the fact that you go out to nature to obtain your ingredients. That's the way it should be.

Last edited:

dragonborn

I Myself am looking into tea's and making my own because of Suby and DrG,
when i got my ommp card a couple months ago, i ran across this site and alot of poster who really have shown what can be done with proper technique.. letting the plants do most the work. i built a box between NGB/DrG style 2 square foot , with a 150 hps and 6 23 watt cfls dayton 275 cfm for exhaust.

keep up the good work so the rest of us can follow :)..

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Yup, un crisse de francais!

I'm totally with you one the safety issues, I have peeps in the game I trust how've helped me buy stuff and keep me safe.

Shit's looking tight.

looks good dr iv been a long follower the only problem i have with the tea is every pic of iv seen there a mess cuz they foam over the top so my ?s are

do you have problem with foaming over the top?
how do you stop it from foaming over the top?

petemoss

hippie hill said:
looks good dr iv been a long follower the only problem i have with the tea is every pic of iv seen there a mess cuz they foam over the top so my ?s are

I read that a teaspoon of vegetable oil will prevent the tea from foaming. Also, foaming is not an indication that the tea is "alive", according to some knowledgeable posters in the Organic Soil forum. Again, this is not from personal experience, just what I read.

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Pig-Pen said:
It's interesting how much more even in height they are after the first week.

Do you think all the stretch in the smaller clones is because of plant density, distance from light, both and/or other?

Almost every MJ plant has a sweet spot...

"Sweet Spot" : The height at which a plant put into 12/12 will finish at the right height just under the bulbs

They each react differently to the first 2 weeks of Flowering....and if that "Sweet Spot" can be found and recorded (It's the same every time after that If the same grow conditions apply)
It can be used at will,.....once you have this data you can grow as many strains in the same SOG as you would like "Variety is the Spice of Life"

Everybody starts at a different height but they all finish at the same height

OahuGrown

Good info to be learned... So i could grow kali mist and ak47 with no problems of height as long as i get the stretch down.
Im trying to get my grow box made but im still in the process of finalizing the ventilation. Got any recommendations for a good fan not to loud but strong.

Any Updates?

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
enjoyin this informative thread DBG,
its good you are showing this all the way thru.it will help alot of people.
peace maing.

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great info Dr. especially the tea stuff, honey time to put the kettle on

Peace an Respect

b00m :rasta: :rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
hippie hill said:

No I don't have a problem with foaming over the top.....
I always start my new Batch of Brew at the 1/2 way point up my brew bucket.....
I let everything mix about in there for the first 1/2 hour then I fill it to within 5" of the top....it keeps all the foam inside the Container.
I don't fill it up until after 24 hours of brewing

Also I never let the Container run out I let it get down to about 2" then I add more goodies and the cycle continues