What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Stick Test Grow

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Wow - that sounds hardcore stuff...! Although given some of the effects (remarkably useful ones for an addictive drug, I might add), I'm surprised it hasn't caught the attention of more governments...:)Oh, and two more seeds are splitting - I was wondering if I'd ever see another open...:)

you have some late arrivals ? i found some thai seeds would take about a week to germ.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
i took some pics of my thai for you guys.

please be aware that i did top them(several times, even in flower), im running them as a test to see if i can get them to stay small and flower, they seem to veg again tho lol

#2, can you see the stretch of the sidebranches that i didnt top? :yoinks:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well that's reassuring, as some have been in towels for four days and still done nothing. One of the split seeds also seem to have this 'cellulose' lining, but it's not as tough as the last one - I think it's gone hard over time. But there's three here starting to go - the bottom left on is just opening. Incredibly slow though - fresh seeds are extending a centimetre-long taproot in 12 hours in the same space.

And wow - just checked the 'old' ones - another is splitting!

I think it's a matter of getting the right mix of humidity, heat and fresh air - tried all sorts of combos, but this one is the best so far - a heated propagator, with the seeds/towels in a seed tray suspended over water on two risers. Initially the towels were still drying out too fast, so covered the inner tray with pierced clingwrap - too wet. Now I'm loosely covering it clingwrap, with plenty of air gaps - three out of five this time. Maybe I just got lucky...:)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Smokey - the serrations on these leaves are incredibly deep - great to see young Thais, as I had no idea what they might look like. Nice one, cheers.

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Smokey - the serrations on these leaves are incredibly deep - great to see young Thais, as I had no idea what they might look like. Nice one, cheers.

yup i posted them so you know what to expect. be aware that these are NOT young, they are a month and a half old and i topped about 20cm of stretch off each of them.

G

howdy

boy that stick looks good and bring back when i first smoked some, very yummy kinda wish i still had some. yea i agree they going be big.

zigg :joint:

ngakpa

Veteran
Kratom tangent

Kratom tangent

hey - just on the Kratom tangent: I think that particular paper makes it sound pretty bad, and probably a lot worse than it actually is -

my impression is that it is a relatively benign plant, with little serious addictive potential for the vast majority of people

in fact, I hear it has been shown to be effective in the treatment of opiate addiction, as it acts on the same receptors

the Erowid pages have an impressive selection of papers and articles for anyone who is interested ... as I say, it is a Thai intoxicant that has had little discussion in "the West", and which could have a lot of potential benefits ...

there are plenty of other psychoactive plants used in rural Central Thailand that I have heard about, but not witnessed for myself, which sound pretty impressive

... and I should back there in September this year ... sometime round about when these beauties will be ready for smoking I would guess ... nice one

G

Heres a full grow on Thai by Nol, owner of Willy Wortels its outdoors though but gives you an idea of what the buds may look like. BTW one of his did start crossdressing

www.hempcity.net/travelreports/11strains2003/thaisinse/index.html

Read the bottom folks, maybe its because I've read all his grow reports before, but I think the "sativa high" typing by Nol is just funny.

"Sinsemilla Thai for an Inspiring High" :joint:

Last edited:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Dank1 said:
Heres a full grow on Thai by Nol, owner of Willy Wortels its outdoors though but gives you an idea of what the buds may look like. BTW one of his did start crossdressing

www.hempcity.net/travelreports/11strains2003/thaisinse/index.html

Read the bottom folks, maybe its because I've read all his grow reports before, but I think the "sativa high" typing by Nol is just funny.

"Sinsemilla Thai for an Inspiring High" :joint:

i already posted that link on the first page :D

G

I think it so people with dial up doesn't have to wait two hours for one page to load

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Ahem - anyway...here's an update. This is still the only one to grow properly - one more is out of the soil, but I had to prise the shell off - don't think it's gonna make it. So far - 20 seeds, one plant...:)

But...genuine Thai? It's bright green enough...:)

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
eeeexcellent! It's certainly do-able to grow Thai indoors with a bit of work.
I've got a Bangkok Betty Thai from Billygoat Seeds with just a couple weeks left in flower right now.
I've topped her 2-3 times, and done TONS of LST, as I was running her along side some indicas, and wanted to keep them at relatively the same height(under 4 feet). She's a friggin shrub now, and has a million smaller buds on her. i've gotten bigger tops by getting less tops, but it's all good Thai smoke. Come on, week 11 !!!
Good luck, elevator man.
cc

Last edited: