What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best CBD Containing Strain Without Requiring Testing For CBD Levels?

glue

Hi? Title is Pretty self explanatory.. what is my best option? Chimera suggests testing for levels in CBD lullaby that I can't even get and I hear other strains are pretty hit and miss too.. so what strain has the most reliable highest levels of CBD? Thanks!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Check out the CBD crew. CBD is their name, CBD is their game...
They've been hard at work for near a decade now.

On the other hand...
I grew some of Bhodis Chem Kesey and all 4 ladies tested positive for CBD.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Can't say anything about CBD Crew's FEM seeds..
But I have grown two CBD Crew's reg-lines CBD 3D (CBD version of Mr Nice's ASH??) and CBD Divine ( a CBD "Super Skunk"??) and i wasn't too impressed, thou i grew only 7 seeds of each. All nine females (5 + 4) grew nanners at some point during bloom, while my CBD Critical Cure keeper (Barney's Farm) right next to them didn't.

Wasn't too impressed with the CBD levels in these plants either and some plants seem to have fairly high amount of THC in them; all plants compared to the effect i get from my CBD Cure keeper and with it being mixed with THC only weed.

The CBD Cure i have "feels" to be very high with CBD. Over 10% easy i'd say by feel but can't say how much cause i have no labs here to get it tested. The CBD Crew plants felt like half as CBD-potent or even less. I germinated only 1 seed of Critical Cure and found THE KEEPER so haven't personally smoked any of her sisters, but you can find lab results of some Critical Cures if you do some Googling. Some plants test around 15% CBD iirc some around 12% some around 7-8% and these were plants tested in USA i believe.

Without the nanner problem, and one CBD Divine hermied already at week 4 of 12/12 while the rest were late nanner-types, the lines would have been ok cause the aromas were nice and the plants looked good. The CBD levels weren't that high but they don't promise those strains to be super high with CBD.

But like i mentioned, few plants, from both lines, seemed to have a pretty good amount of THC in them so the lines aren't very stable and there's alot of different phenotypes in them also; all plants i had had it's own look, some all kinds of Skunk1, some different types of Haze some Afghani and some hybrids.

...but whose CBD seed line is stable these days? Harlequin bx4? ..haven't grown it. The Critical Cure line doesn't seem to be stable either but i read a note on some seed bank's page that Barney's would have done some inbreeding with CBD Critical Cure and called it the most stable line on the market at the time but that was some years ago. Was it on Attitude's page? can't remember. I germinated only one seed like mentioned but photos around the interned show fairly many different phenos.

In short. If you can't lab test them, most CBD seed lines seem to be pretty unstable still so you have to find the best ones yourself by smoking them. The potent ones are very noticeable so you know when you got one after you've smoked few different plants. You can also smoke a familiar THC only weed a while after smoking a CBD rich bud to see how much it alters the effect of the THC only weed.