What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sessions Out, Cannabis In???

RetroGrow

Veteran
Jeff Sessions is out. He was a Neanderthal on Cannabis. I believe that Trump, through a new attorney general, will decriminalize Cannabis, unless one thing happens, ie, making Chris Christie the new Attorney General. Christie is staunchly anti-Cannabis. We can only hope he does not get the job. Trump is reasonable and not dogmatic. I am hoping he will do the right thing and stop the madness.

CaptainDankness

He didn't let Sessions fuck with marijuana so I highly doubt he will hire someone like Christie. I'm sure he'll probably legalize by the mid term elections just so the Democrats can't run as being for legalization. I know I'm voting for Trump if he legalizes.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
He didn't let Sessions fuck with marijuana so I highly doubt he will hire someone like Christie. I'm sure he'll probably legalize by the mid term elections just so the Democrats can't run as being for legalization. I know I'm voting for Trump if he legalizes.

There is nothing that will make me vote for Trump. Their is a chance the democrats will have someone worth voting for. Not much. But for sure will never vote for Trump.

zif

Veteran
Pete Sessions is gone, too! He blocked anything pro-cannabis from seeing a vote. He was a much bigger problem than the ever-beleaguered Jeff Sessions, since Sessions became AG.

Thank you Texas!

Last edited:

EsterEssence

Veteran
Sessions is out because 45 needs someone to protect him from all the investigations that will be coming from the house ie: russia, tax returns ect,ect. It has nothing to do with Cannabis...

G

GatorGumbo

Everyone likes to hate Trump because he's a vulgarian marinating himself in human monsters, but ask yourself how the economy has been doing compared to the other two post-9/11 presidents. The social justice McCarthyism is rampant in this country, often distracting from all the real issues such as employment rate, taxes, GDP, the nation budget, tax purposing, and trade market stability.

We don't have Trump because he's the best man for the job, I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment, but he hasn't actually been doing a bad job at all. If you listen to the pink haired girl on your street then the world is ending, but if you check your stock portfolio it looks like you'll actually be able to retire for once. Since the media is in the vocal minority and loves anything sensational, all we talk about is "orange man bad" and "Russians".

I bet he saves cannabis rights for the states until reelection, combined with the strength of being the incumbent I expect him to put up a good fight.

Badfishy1

Sessions is out because 45 needs someone to protect him from all the investigations that will be coming from the house ie: russia, tax returns ect,ect. It has nothing to do with Cannabis...

Damn thread made it 5 posts before NPC muh Russia meme came up. Please hold breath until that ‘investigation’ is over... only reason it’s called the ‘russia’ investigation is the illegal methods used to spy on American citizens, the same shit Muricans cringe and chimp out about when the Kremlin does it

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...sa-gate_is_scarier_than_watergate_136214.html

X

xavier7995

I dont think it will happen. Christian conservatives are a major chunk of his constituency, they are not at all in favor of weed, sessions was pretty emblematic of their beliefs. Traditional Republicans have never favored weed, despite calls for states rights. The good ol boy portion of the party likes weed, but they make up maybe 20% of his voting block.

He could very well opt to do it to try and win some votes in 2020 but it seems pretty unlikely and i doubt it would sway anyone. It would likely give some of those conservative suburban voters pause and he would lose more support than he would gain.

I would also point out that the private/for profit prison industry overwhelmingly backs Republicans and are a decent sized donor. Many members of congress and the donor class have a vested financial interest. Private prison relies heavily on drug offenders. Trump isnt going to hit those people in the pocketbook, he desperately needs their support.

Edit: economy is about the same under trump as it was with obama, stock market doing well but not really translating to main street, job growth coming from minimum wage positions. There are a lot of signs that good stock market wont continue, it is pretty flat this year already, been a bumpy ride these past few months. If it falls trumps going to take a lot of heat over the tariffs.

Last edited:
G

GatorGumbo

More important things than the economy to worry about. Like being nice to everyone.

I get where you're coming from, but that doesn't really deliver any logic. Logic is indifferent, being nice about it is a form of lying.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
actually the stock market has taken a hit like it seldom has, if this is a market correction you have a good buy option on your hands, but if it's that start of a collapse like in 2008 you better wait before making your buy bets lol. i wonder what Trump will say if the stock market really does continue going down for any length of time. he bragged about it when it was going up, so now we can blame him if it goes down too, lmao. although to be honest i think it's too early for the bubble to pop, buyers have 1 more chance to join in the speculators train to the edge of the clif, get off on time and you be fine.

X

xavier7995

I work in that field, the past few months havent really havent felt like the sort of kick in the junk drops that happened back in 2008. It isnt the same sort of sustained panicked "the world is ending" type of action. I think there is a much bigger correction in the near-ish horizon. The dip has certainly sucked, but it just doesn't have the feel of a new base forming that is going to support a solid wide movement up, still lots of downside possible as we see tariffs/no tax cut/ending QE/weirdo geopolitics/etc. play out.

Pretty fascinating all around, much like the midterms, i am just watching it all play out and seeing where stuff lands. The world hasnt made sense to me in a while so maybe i am way off.

G

GatorGumbo

Admittedly I usually don't pay too much attention to the market at large, but at any rate you're right to allude to the fact that it may or may not be due to Trump's platform. Trends usually come about because of Fed rates or large companies making changes and not the president. All the same, he's done a good job in my opinion of advocating for the utility of American capital on the world stage without going full Reagan.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
actually the stock market has taken a hit like it seldom has, if this is a market correction you have a good buy option on your hands, but if it's that start of a collapse like in 2008 you better wait before making your buy bets lol. i wonder what Trump will say if the stock market really does continue going down for any length of time. he bragged about it when it was going up, so now we can blame him if it goes down too, lmao. although to be honest i think it's too early for the bubble to pop, buyers have 1 more chance to join in the speculators train to the edge of the clif, get off on time and you be fine.

Trump will accept no blame, only credit. that he will take even if he has to steal it. do not waste your time or breath expecting a self-centered horses ass to act like a human being...

Klompen

Everyone likes to hate Trump because he's a vulgarian marinating himself in human monsters, but ask yourself how the economy has been doing compared to the other two post-9/11 presidents. The social justice McCarthyism is rampant in this country, often distracting from all the real issues such as employment rate, taxes, GDP, the nation budget, tax purposing, and trade market stability.

I really wish people understood economics at even a grade-school level. I know its partly a product of our political system, where executives try to take credit for everything they possibly can even when that makes no sense. The president does not really control the economy like that. Often major changes take years to bear fruit. The stock market rises and falls but the stock market is mostly an illusory financing scheme that doesn't necessarily bear any relationship to things happening in the real world. Trump isn't even good with his own money, let alone the nation's money. Most of those gains made to the economy happened under Obama and Trump gets to claim credit for them. That's not to say Obama was a good president or that he boosted the economy either. That's just saying Trump claiming credit for any of it is beyond stupid.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I really wish people understood economics at even a grade-school level. I know its partly a product of our political system, where executives try to take credit for everything they possibly can even when that makes no sense. The president does not really control the economy like that. Often major changes take years to bear fruit. The stock market rises and falls but the stock market is mostly an illusory financing scheme that doesn't necessarily bear any relationship to things happening in the real world. Trump isn't even good with his own money, let alone the nation's money. Most of those gains made to the economy happened under Obama and Trump gets to claim credit for them. That's not to say Obama was a good president or that he boosted the economy either. That's just saying Trump claiming credit for any of it is beyond stupid.

i like to be as fair as possible, it is possible that Trumps focus on being pro business, getting rid of regulations, tax cuts for companies did have an effect in changing the business vibe. all the talk about getting jobs back etc, probably did have some uplifting effect on the economy.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I work in that field, the past few months havent really havent felt like the sort of kick in the junk drops that happened back in 2008. It isnt the same sort of sustained panicked "the world is ending" type of action. I think there is a much bigger correction in the near-ish horizon. The dip has certainly sucked, but it just doesn't have the feel of a new base forming that is going to support a solid wide movement up, still lots of downside possible as we see tariffs/no tax cut/ending QE/weirdo geopolitics/etc. play out.

Pretty fascinating all around, much like the midterms, i am just watching it all play out and seeing where stuff lands. The world hasnt made sense to me in a while so maybe i am way off.

when you look at the US tec daily chart so you can see a base forming, so it wouldn't surprise me if it goes up again, this time, but the whole thing is another bubble being blown up imo. might not be now, but sooner or later there will be another crash. lessons were not learned last time.

Latest posts

Latest posts