What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

IC 600 watt club.

buddymag00

emkman said:
Yes, I know that 35-50 watts/sqft is optimal. I wasnt planning on using all 35 sq ft, I just have it for flexibility. I'm probably not gonna add any more watts till I change apartments. I guess you helped me answer part of my question tho, for 600w the optimal scrog would be around 3x4. How many plants are usually needed to fill a 3x4 screen with minimal vegging?

im scroggin 2 plants under 600w in a 3x4 space using top feeder hydro buckets. with plenty of veg they should fill the space. have seen it done with 2 plants yielding 500 grams.

James666

Anyone got any idea of how much the electric bill goes up with a 600w in the uk. I'm growing at the min under a 600w and am abit worried about the electric bill.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
:woohoo:
Joining the 600w club! Placed my order for an MD Hydro 600W digital with Cool Tube yesterday. Ballast, Cool Tube, standard HO HPS for $250 shipped. Pics to come soon.

the protege

Joining the club as well. I have a room that is roughly 10.5 square feet. Max height is 60 inches. I will be ordering a 600watt hps and building a cooltube. Polyfilming the walls etc. I'm thinking the FanTech 481 cfm inline fan. The cheapest I have found it is $185. I'm assuming I will need at least 400cfm? The room gets no higher than 72 right now. I would like to keep it within +/-5 ambient temps.

Doing a simple organic soil mix and trying to get the most bang for my buck. I would like to be able to do a grow and then stop for a while. Takes the pressure off!

buddymag00

James666 said:
Anyone got any idea of how much the electric bill goes up with a 600w in the uk. I'm growing at the min under a 600w and am abit worried about the electric bill.
in ireland it costs e1.20 per day 18/6 and e0.80 per day 12/12
that works out about e130 for 1 grow from seed. that would be about £95 if our rates are round about the same in britain so add this on to your existing bill for the same period (3 months) youll see it not that rediculus of a hike you should be ok. due to the cost of electricity in europe compared to the states and the general disregard for energy consumption in the U.S i dont think europeans should follow the same figures as in the states where they say 1k per room eg 4 bedroom house- 4 k as these are probrably realistic numbers for safety in U.S but dont think same for europe.

Last edited:

James666

buddymag00 said:
in ireland it costs e1.20 per day 18/6 and e0.80 per day 12/12
that works out about e130 for 1 grow from seed. that would be about £95 if our rates are round about the same in britain so add this on to your existing bill for the same period (3 months) youll see it not that rediculus of a hike you should be ok. due to the cost of electricity in europe compared to the states and the general disregard for energy consumption in the U.S i dont think europeans should follow the same figures as in the states where they say 1k per room eg 4 bedroom house- 4 k as these are probrably realistic numbers for safety in U.S but dont think same for europe.

Thanks man....I've been running it for a few weeks now so might just go for a wait and see policy...I've heard prices might start coming down soon....british gas have started a price war so should be good news for all.

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
600w hortilux about 12 inches from plants, 4x4 hydro hut (not using all the space)
kcxbrazil is the big one.. about another week and a half left till harvest.. all the tall lanky ones are nirvana mowiexhawaii back left is a hashberry, the other 2 smaller ones are also mowie, and the 2 little tiny babies are jock horror im using those to conduct a 12/12 from seed experiment since they are sat dom.

G

Guest 18340

Alright! Finally found a home! 600w, cooltube, batwing, Galaxy digital. First week of flowering some white widow. :woohoo:

jojajico

Veteran
lets here some yeilds from the 600 watt club. what are u growing, how are you growing, whats your yeild?? lets see the ability of a 600 watt HID light

daddy07

lets here some yeilds from the 600 watt club. what are u growing, how are you growing, whats your yeild?? lets see the ability of a 600 watt HID light

I got the same questions!!

What is the rule of thumb for a 5x5 space? How many plants? What size pots? What is the avg yield?

This is crucial!!!!

James666

evlme2 said:
Alright! Finally found a home! 600w, cooltube, batwing, Galaxy digital. First week of flowering some white widow. :woohoo:
Love the pics!!!!......you say you're using a cool tube....I've been using one on my latest grow.......I think the light spread with them isn't the best. What do you think??

cobo

Will be joining you’s soon my self ordered a XL Homebox and expecting it today and getting 600w digital light next week, don’t need it for few weeks yet. I’ve had 2 grows now just getting everything dialed in, I used 2 200w Enviros for them and was more than happy with the yields.

Question I wanted to ask … What would be Average yield per plant to aim for ?,

I will be using a 4 pot flood and drain system. I also have a 3 plant NFT system and was wondering could I use the 2 of them in Homebox, i.e. 7 plants or would I be better just potting a few in pots and filling in space?

Also I was thinking of using them Enviros with 600w to get to any shaded area, what do you think?

Last edited:

FOF

2 600W's, current run is Mountain Jam (which fuggin rocks the free world), same candidates last run yielded just a notch below 3 'bows. I'm expecting *at least* 3.5, hoping for 4.-4.5, this round, because I'm running a SOG instead of LSTing for bushes.

Last edited:

cobo

FOF said:
2 600W's, current run is Mountain Jam (which fuggin rocks the free world), same candidates last run yielded just a notch below 3 'bows. I'm expecting *at least* 3.5, hoping for 4.-4.5, this round, because I'm running a SOG instead of LSTing for bushes.

'bows. ???????? Oz ??

Your hoping for 2 , - 2 1/4 oz per plant ?????

Last edited:

daddy07

FOF said:

FOF

My big question is what size pots... how many? Or are you runnin young dro?

Latest posts

Latest posts