What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rookie Aero Flo Grow Together

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's time to get started!

This will be the main thread for the Rookie AeroFlo Grow Together.

If you are interested in how we got here - check out the organizational thread here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=242304

Our Mentors:

aerokrafter
abellguy

Our Participants:

Robert Fortune
usda101
zane78219
shrpshooter
oldergrower
bogfan

Our Sponsors:

Connoisseur Genetics

There is still time to join. If you are interested in participating, mentoring, or becoming a sponsor please drop me a note.

Timeline:

Our plan is to start blooming in the month of september. Everyone will check in weekly and we will problem solve as quickly as possible in this thread. I promise to be here at least once a day for the duration of the grow.

What you should be doing now:

1 - Rooting clones. Following my procedure - we will top, prune, and veg in the cloner. This process takes 30 - 40 days.

2 - Getting your unit ready. Finish getting it built, or drag it out and dust it off!

3 - Source Nutes. You will need DM gold bloom A & B, GH Kool Bloom and Floralicious, and pH up/pH down. Good idea to calibrate your meters as well.

4 - Make Trellis Blocks. You will need these shortly after we plant.

5 - Get your documentation together. You will need tracking sheets. Check out your camera and get ready to shoot some awesome growth!

6 - Review the tips n trix thread to see what we will be doing.

Here's where I am:

I plan to run these(Gran Doggy Purps) 38 days in the cloner. So that puts me at about 2 weeks from top and prune.

I will bloom 18 clones in the unit. I start with 24 to get the most even 18 to work with.

Nutes for Turbo Klone 48 site:
15 ml DM grow A
15 ml DM grow B
15 Potash Plus

This is my recipe - It provides an extra boost of K that helps all aero rooting. If you have a recipe that works for you here, feel free to use it. I have yet to find a veg nute recipe that doesn't work at all - just varying rates of effectiveness. If you have any doubt about what to use - follow mine - its cheap and the best I've found so far.

I'm so excited about this project. I can't wait to see your results!

This experiment is something I believe will have a great postive impact for the board and this community. I thank everyone involved for the courage to take a leap forward. We will all do our very best to illuminate the way.

****ACTION for Participants****

Please take a moment to post a note about yourself and update us as to what you intend to grow in, and where you are at with clones.

****Note to Lurkers****

Feel free to ask questions, support and cheer our rookies on to the finish line!

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-AK

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
pretty cool, i will be watching this!

dunno if I can join, not sure if i have enough room, is there such a thing as a small 1-4 plant setup to take over say 1/3 of the tent?

peacee

woolybear

Veteran
420giveaway
pretty cool, i will be watching this!

dunno if I can join, not sure if i have enough room, is there such a thing as a small 1-4 plant setup to take over say 1/3 of the tent?

peacee

Oldergrower with Bcn Diesel

Oldergrower with Bcn Diesel

Hello everyone should be a great experience. I am not quite a rookie have been growing for 10+ years approx 3 years in a aeroflow type setup aka Stinkbud style (use misters in unit). My system consists of 5-4' tubes which are 6" pvc pipe with quik caps on the ends. Quik caps are rubber/vinyl end caps that seal with a band. Sorry no picks system in use. 40 gal res with 700 gph mag drive pump and fine filter inline in header. System works great but wanted to try the Dutch Master nutes so why not and get advice from pros. Use 1000 watt hps for flower and 1000 watt mh for veg. I veg in my unit. Am installing light mover for this grow soon. I clone in rockwool with ro water at 5.6 ph (that is my ph out of ro how convient). Flower area is approx 22 sqft 4x5.9 ft. Should be a great show. First pic 30 clones Bcn Diesel. @nd pic Bcn flowering. Required paperwork. Hope aerokrafter won't mind if i put 25 in my unit. I know these plants and topped with 2 colas only they are great. Also due to grow area restrictions 3 walls I will be using fencing as my support in a horizontal position.

Attachments

• 30 Clones.JPG
    30 Clones.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Bcn Diesel.JPG
    Bcn Diesel.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 42
  • Data Sheet.JPG
    Data Sheet.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Grow Log.JPG
    Grow Log.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi oldergrower, we look forward to having you participate. Your experience and knowledge are great to have around.

It looks like my ecsd will be getting a first run in my system.

Dutch Master works well in this type system because it is very PH stable, due in part to the high quality ingredients.

R.Fortune

Welcome Robert Fortune, I am really excited about this grow along.

I have a few objectives for this grow.
1- 50 oz
2- learn canopy management
3- better documentation
4- supercropping
5- trying DM nutes

I have been using GH 3 part with Liquid Karma, h2o2, and koolbloom powder with good results but what the heck will try most anything once.

Will be using GH for veg though.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't have one of those bloom tracking sheets. Did you copy AK's?

I guess that I'll have to recreate it.

I have the daily tracking sheet set up.

Documentation is critical as we have seen.

R.Fortune

abellguy

Sweet I'm really looking forward to the start of this one. An army of water haulers lol and the weight at the end o yea :rasta:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anyone using a 8 inch Uvonair duct unit? I want to incorporate ozone, but it needs to be vented straight out.

This will be used in conjunction with my filter.

Thanks.

R.Fortune

RF, I make my own tracking sheet using AK's as a sample.

Notice no unit number - not needed and I marked the ends where my drains are so there is no confusion about placement in the future.

Used paint to create the layout of unit then pasted into word for rest of needed info.

Noticed on your aeroflo build post (great job btw) that you seemed to be stressing over a chiller. Personally I don't use a chiller and only reach 72F in my rez but I do use a 1 on 4 off cycle timer and my rez sits on a concrete floor.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RF, I make my own tracking sheet using AK's as a sample.

Notice no unit number - not needed and I marked the ends where my drains are so there is no confusion about placement in the future.

Used paint to create the layout of unit then pasted into word for rest of needed info.

Noticed on your aeroflo build post (great job btw) that you seemed to be stressing over a chiller. Personally I don't use a chiller and only reach 72F in my rez but I do use a 1 on 4 off cycle timer and my rez sits on a concrete floor.

That's what I thought. I'll just create one.

Yeah, I've decided to put the chiller on hold. I'm going to control air temp first.

What hood are you using? I was thinking about getting a Blockbuster 6.

R.Fortune

Lighting

Lighting

RF, just procured a Super Sun 2 for this run, sweet looking 6" air cooled. Will probably get a Philips Argolite 1000w bulb for this run my hortilux is getting old.

Should receive my lightrail 3.5 tommorrow. Have some room mods to preform soon.

Only other equipment i would like is a Blue Labs ph meter hate my currnt Oakton does not hold cal. pain to cal every day

I want in!!

I want in!!

Hello all!!

I am a fellow farmer from Detroit... I would love to partake in this
grow with you!! I have a 20 site aeroflo that I built from scratch...
It is made using 2 5" fence posts with 10 net pots in each... I use
hydroton in the pots, a 1 min on 4 min off timer, a massive pump, 20
gal rez and PVC/air hoses/sprayers to deliver the water....

FIRST THINGS FIRST: a couple questions Bc I'm new to aero besides cloning...
1. Does anyone find a problem with putting the PVC pipes right in the
grow chamber with sprayers (stinkbud system)?? My biggest fear is that
the roots will grow all around it and make the grow chamber
unserviceable... I currently use a 3/4" PVC pipe down the middle with
little black air hoses that go into drilled holes on the top of the
grow chamber and 360 sprayers on the ends..
2. Should I use Rockwool instead of hydroton in my netpots?

Anyways.. I just wanna get this thing in tip top shape before our
grow!! I currently have 21 cuts rooting/light vegging in the
cloner.....
-purple diesel
-chem valley kush
-strawberry twist
-permafrost
-white Russian

I know it is a lot of strains but I am in love with all of them
equally and picking which ones to discontinue is like picking which of
my kids to kill!!! :-( plus.... I love variety!!!

So, thanks for the opportunity and I am pumped and ready to get going!!!

abellguy

Hello all!!

I am a fellow farmer from Detroit... I would love to partake in this
grow with you!! I have a 20 site aeroflo that I built from scratch...
It is made using 2 5" fence posts with 10 net pots in each... I use
hydroton in the pots, a 1 min on 4 min off timer, a massive pump, 20
gal rez and PVC/air hoses/sprayers to deliver the water....

FIRST THINGS FIRST: a couple questions Bc I'm new to aero besides cloning...
1. Does anyone find a problem with putting the PVC pipes right in the
grow chamber with sprayers (stinkbud system)?? My biggest fear is that
the roots will grow all around it and make the grow chamber
unserviceable... I currently use a 3/4" PVC pipe down the middle with
little black air hoses that go into drilled holes on the top of the
grow chamber and 360 sprayers on the ends..
2. Should I use Rockwool instead of hydroton in my netpots?

Anyways.. I just wanna get this thing in tip top shape before our
grow!! I currently have 21 cuts rooting/light vegging in the
cloner.....
-purple diesel
-chem valley kush
-strawberry twist
-permafrost
-white Russian

I know it is a lot of strains but I am in love with all of them
equally and picking which ones to discontinue is like picking which of
my kids to kill!!! :-( plus.... I love variety!!!

So, thanks for the opportunity and I am pumped and ready to get going!!!

First post and your joining the aero grow along, now thats ambishous! If you have a system that is working with zero leaks and there is no pipes inside the rails your golden. The problem I had with my system like that was leaking but the root growth was explosive. In your net pots hydroton will always be better than rockwool for aero. Welcome to ICmag and aero grow along thread :rasta:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know I asked a question about ozone and ventilation, and not one response from the mentors.

I figured it out on my own, but this makes me wonder what kind of response we will get when everything is up and running? I'm not sure that a once a week check in will cut it.

Maybe I'm over-reacting.

R.Fortune

I'd really like to be growing along with you guys, got the bits for a aero grow, just not the time to put it all together... too many other things happening!

Definitely going to follow along though! :)

P.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got root spikes. Will still be a bit before I top and prune the clones. I'll put some pix up of that when it happens.

Still looking for participants to check in with their clone status.

- oldergrower

Sounds like you have thing under control at the moment.

- DetroitFarmer

Check out the organizational thread to see what participants need and what our goals are. If this is something you want to do, send me a pm and I'll put you on the official list.

- R.Fortune

Sorry I missed your question on ozone. I have used it in the past - tho now I depend solely on carbon filtration for air exiting the bloom room. Ozone is something that I wouldn't use except inline just before the exhaust air exits. It's dangerous to breathe and can damage plants.

-AK