What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Beer Cup Challenge 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vonforne

I may give it a go.
not really my style to bonsai babes, but I like 'em all sizes...
...cool, two weeks hits the new moon.

Gonna see how many show this one.

the new moon is what i was shooting for......gives a better germ rate in my book. call me old fashion. lol

V

smokefrogg

Veteran
There was a ruled added mid way last year - NO SEEDED FLOWERS - Because it makes the weights unfair. Dont know if we all want that rule or not.

lol shoot

ARE SEEDED FLOWERS ALLOWED?

no biggie if they aren't, hahaha it's crazy but my plan b just might be some walkabout or full moon thai, just train the f* out of them; i am considering a drip system firing off 2 or 3 times a day and all or mostly coco for the medium, hmmmmm....

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
From reading the rules and another of V's posts I believe the judging will be based on the best looking plant so a good pic of a fully seeded plant should have just as much of a chance. Maybe more because of the novelty of seeded shots.

calientecarlos

Veteran
No clones damn. seeds are a pain. maybe i'll get a swag bag from a southern very tan fella i know and just let em rip! good way to discover a new strain too i guess. good luck to all!!!

Garuda

Veteran
@Vonforne: Why don't you just limit overall time?
I'll go to the nearby army base to find some 16oz cups tomorrow :D

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
Ok EVERYONE the time has arrived! This will be a first in a series of Beer Cup Challenges. You all have been very patient waiting on ME. Thank You ALL for that! I am back to growing now. So, hats off to all of you..........:thank you::tiphat:
Starting date Sept 25th 2011 this is the day to start the seeds.

Now the rules of the game will be

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 16 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 16 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. 4 week veg time. 120 days to the T.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

If there is anything I have missed let me know and it will be added.

So, lets get this going and post up the strains and descriptions of the genetics you are growing. If you vary from the rules you could be disqualified. Keep it clean and honest and have a great time.

V

He did ;)

antheis

Veteran
i'd like to propose a fix for those who have 18 and 20oz cups: get a measuring cup for fluid ounces and measure out two cups of water then fill your cup up and make a mark on the outside.

here's a pic of what i used:
21MszBzoHLL.jpg

Last edited:

primobud

American oz/Imperial oz can I get it in inches. Diameter, height? It has to be a plastic cup not styro? One more question, the rules mean we veg 28days from Sept 25th then we have anwhere up to 92 days to harvest? Thanks

gettogro

Veteran
American oz/Imperial oz can I get it in inches. Diameter, height? It has to be a plastic cup not styro? One more question, the rules mean we veg 28days from Sept 25th then we have anwhere up to 92 days to harvest? Thanks

I think 120 days is a bit much for a solo cup. 28 days veg maybe 70 days 12/12. But whatever, Ill play by the rules.

primobud

I just ordered Ultra Sonja. If they get here before the 25th, count me in. Gotta get that cup measurement though??? I just had a puff and read this through again. I see all the plants in Post#18 and I wondered which one? I was thinking we picked our favorite plant after sexing and used it only for this thread

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I think 120 days is a bit much for a solo cup. 28 days veg maybe 70 days 12/12. But whatever, Ill play by the rules.

Didn't think about the time limit like that. I know with my widow I'm not gonna need all 120 days, hell it'll be cured and smoked by then! :D

But those with heavy sativa strains will need the extra flower time.... So do I post my harvest pics when the plant drops? or wait for the longer running plants to come in?

V

vonforne

120 is the maximum time to finish......most will finish before then. The 120 days are for the guys like me that are running unknowns for fun. I am running a mixed pack of seeds from Shanti. Maybe a NL or Afghan but it could be a Haze. I am not in it to win but to have some fun.

V

V

vonforne

120 is the maximum time to finish......most will finish before then. The 120 days are for the guys like me that are running unknowns for fun. I am running a mixed pack of seeds from Shanti. Maybe a NL or Afghan but it could be a Haze. I am not in it to win but to have some fun.

V

primobud

Me too vonforne, it'll be cool. Can you give us the measurement for the cups??? Top & Bottom diameter? Height? (inches/cm) This'll clear it up once and for all for everyone. Like your thread and your rules, my camera has the date. I did think the one lads idea with the News Paper was a good one though?

BubsNugs

Sounds like fun. I am still confused about the time thing though. So even if we are running a full on sativa we still have to veg for 4 weeks???
Like someone else said perhaps just stick with the 120 day limit and let folks veg as long or as short as they choose as long as its harvested at the right time???

I needa dind last year contest and get a handle on what to expect.

Peace

Vonforne, can I get a conformation on this? Maybe this is obvious to others, but I want to be sure we don't have to plant seeds straight into the 16's. I guess you would have to say "at no time can it be in a larger container", but is starting smaller and transplanting up to 16 OK? I am set up for minimal veg time and don't have much height in that cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.