What's new

Do these plants conflict with Cannabis and each other in a garden?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I thought I had everything dialed in (except genetics) but I keep having problems with plants growing too slowly. They seem to grow in spurts, where one week they'll grow 1cm, and the next they grow 4", then 1cm etc.

Anyway, I was wondering whether any of the plants also in my (indoor) garden may be causing a problem here:

Cherry tomato, basil, green peppers (not sure which, took from fresh peppers), and a lemon seedling.

I will be adding catnip/brugmasia soon.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plant pheromones may come into play if different species are flowering at different (unatural) times in the garden. Whereby the scent of one flower may encourage or inhibit the growth of another. This is possible.

Growth spurts and declines however suggest a fluctuation in environmental factors... such as air temps and humidity.

It could be the case that you are over watering and the plants grow better in the rest periods in between waterings.

Hope this helps

Wait...What?

Veteran
the peppers, tomatoes, and basil can be vectors for aphids, spider mites, and thrips. also if you smoke cigarettes in your grow zone they are susceptible to tobacco mosaic virus [the tomato and pepper]

plants will often stall when fending off pests. looked at the underside of any leaves lately?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Yes the underside of the leaves is fine. I had fungus gnats but have moved all my soil plants to coco and haven't really seen any around in a month.

I've had success transplanting to bigger pots, but in some pictures I see people growing huge plants in small containers of coco, and I'm trying not to use coco like soil (with soil I transplant often). Perhaps I'm not keeping it moist enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts