What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's quarters - 250HPS organic mod.scrog

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sweet buds man, when do you normally put them through the screen or do you just plant them in the big pots with the screen already on and let them grow up to it? never done a scrog before but id love to on my next grow.

i plant them in the big pots with the screen on. when you flip them depends on how much the strain stretches (which is a tough call if its the first time you've grown it !). i was quite lucky this time because i had to flip them all on the same day and luckily they all ended up about right. the NL didnt quite fill the screen and the MMG (mostly sativa) perhaps stretched a little too much, but being able to adjust the heights of individual plants/screens is very useful.

as a rule of thumb i would say sativas flip when they reach the screen and use the stretch to fill it, and indicas half to mostly fill the screen before flip.

at present i am looking for my keepers and want to flower as many different strains as possible. i may not be quite so lucky with all the plants but yield isnt really that important to me (only for pride ;) so if they dont always fill the screens then so be it.
if you have time to kill before you can start your new cab (i think you said this earlier) then it is worthwhile really thinking through your plans and getting your ideas nailed down. i spent a long time planning this cab and although i said ive been lucky, some of it is down to good planning too i hope!

morg - thanks - your loft grow was a real inspiration to me when i was in the planning stages.

---

ive put the 4 Maple Leaf Indica in the gap from the northern lights harvest - hopefully they will show sex soon . if i get more than 1 female i may have to grow 2 in 1 pot.
the other three up next in the cab i think are -
Arjan's haze 3
blueberry
NL again

ive cloned the cheese and need to veg it up for a while before i can run it. thats the one i really want to do next but i must be patient. i kept my gifted clone for the mother plant.

stay safe
V.

noexcuses

thanks very much for the advice man, this technique is something i really want to look at closely before the next one, im gonna take a bit time between grows to have a think about how im gonna do it. cant wait to start trying this method though!
keep up the good work

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one Q, HashishinReidi and hempluvr, thanks for stopping by!

i may have been a bit lucky this time round - most of the timing was decided by logistics such as going away, space etc. :joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
soil mix

soil mix

a couple of people have asked about my soil mix so here is the mix for this round

1 part perlite
2 parts topsoil/loam
2 parts peat
1 part mushroom compost

then,
5g/litre veg/N guano
10g/litre bloom/P guano
5g/litre dolomite lime
5g/litre rock phosphate
1 handful per plant miracle grow ericacious organic fert (basically general fert)
1 handful per plant seaweed meal

plants were in 11 litre pots and vegged for 1 week under 250hps before flowering

a note about topsoil/loam - most people would advise you to stear clear of it but if you know what good soil looks and feels like, (westland topsoil (UK) is good) i would recommend using some, after all its what plants evolved to grow in and it has no added ferts like john innes and most bagged composts. i prefer to add my own ferts.

---

the NL was bone dry this morning and weighed in at dead on 60g - im pretty sure this will be the lightest yield of the 4 quarters so i should be on course for my 1g/watt target
excuse me for a moment whilst i attempt to do a cheerleader style dance.
well im glad none of you witnessed that!
the high from the NL is lovely, melty, relaxing whilst not being too sleepy.
may keep this one around for a while :joint:

mmg harvest next!

---

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Martian Mean Green Harvest

Martian Mean Green Harvest

the mmg should be the last one to finish but today at 67 days it looked ready and the eyeglass told me this was the one to chop today (even though by the blurb the sharksbreath should take a week less and the 420 2 weeks less)

here it is at 67 days, nugs are rock hard
1 square foot of goodness
picture.php

biggest bud
picture.php

trimmed
picture.php

the yield of this looks much bigger than the NL but we'll have to wait and see

stay safe
V.:abduct:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maple Leaf Indica

Maple Leaf Indica

quick pic of the 4 MLI i have just put in the cab a few days ago (12/12)

picture.php

no conclusive sexing yet but i think im gonna get 2 of each.
the 4 pots sit in a quarter nicely - i should repot but experience of regular gardening tells me they will flower/show sex slightly quicker when a little potbound.

thats all for now
i lost the photos i took of my arjans haze 3 that i put in the cab today but ill try and get some tomorrow.

stay safe
V.:joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
arjans haze 3

arjans haze 3

here is a new plant just a day after having the screen installed - this arjans haze 3 was quite brittle and it looks a right mess now but it should recover.
if you do bend or break a stem its best to leave it alone to recover for a day or 2 - so i wired them into the right position and will wait.
its not supposed to stretch that much but we will see
i think if you repot when you flip into flower you tend to get more stretch.
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maple Leaf Indica

Maple Leaf Indica

is i suspected its two girls and 2 boys for the MLI

here are the 2 girls looking nowhere near as nice as they did before. both in the same pot - this may lead to problems but i am pushed for space and dont want to give one strain half the cab yet.
picture.php

the 2 males are back in the veg cab for observation (really hoping i didnt get the girls and the boys mixed up - i was in a hurry.

you can just see that i have changed the pots to slightly larger round ones rather than the square 11 litre ones i used in the round that is half over.
also fixed the cane screen supports to the outside of the pots with a small screw out through the pot lip.
the canes didnt fit into the square pots as well as i wanted but - do you know when you start something and then wish you'd just left it alone? - this was one of those times. :abduct:

later

V.:joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bb

Bb

a sight for sore eyes - my beloved Blueberry cut, topped once and a week into veg
picture.php

kushism

Man o Man, those pics look amazing!! Great set-up, and looks to be great quality... i will definetly be checking back!!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks kushism - i hope the next run goes as well as this one, which will be over within the week. the last two, 420 amd sharksbreath will be chopped in the next few days i think.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Nice man, only just caught yesterdays pics. Really appreciating the mod-SCROG work and detailed photos of it. Hopefully you will get away with the double plant module!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks snap and pontiac - ill try and post a bit of an explanation of how to make the modular screens soon. they are pretty easy (you may notice a corner notched out of one where i forgot i had a baton running down the back corner of the cab and they wouldnt fit! doh!)

here is the 420 today, 70 days and harvest day. nice soft lemon sherbet smell from this one.
picture.php

just the sharksbreath left now and that will go tuesday i think.
the blueberry has been put in the flowering cab now, havent had time to fit the screen yet.

later

V.

kushism

Dude those buds look absolutely perfect!! Great work.. I am so interested in the smoke report.. Send some positive vibes my way when you sample that for the 1st time!! :)

presilia

love your work man, its amazing that the plant is so flexible, and you seem like you know what you are doing!