Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

Thread Title Search
I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-10-2018, 07:47 PM #1
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I suck at cloning. That's not a question but this is

Hey ya'll is it possible to over water clones? I cut 4 clones a week and a half ago now and 1 died off within 2 days. The other 3 still are green and look like cuttings, look healthy, I swear one of them is even taller. But no roots at all on them yet. I took them cleanly, dipped in water immediately, then rooting hormone, then into the root riot planting cubes, then into a propagation dome with an attached thermometer/hygrometer. Temperature is in the 70-80's, mostly hovering around 75. Humidity I'm not sure the meter actually doesn't say which makes me think I over did it. Is it possible to over water these clones? I just added like 8 more cuttings 3 days ago and have been trying to keep it humid for them by spraying every day. Am I over doing it and stunting their root growth? At this point I feel like I should just bite the bullet and make an aerocloner, people seem to get awesome results with them on here. Thanks for reading this wall o text.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:00 PM #2
RockinRobot

RockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud ofRockinRobot has much to be proud of
You can definitely over water cuttings. It causes what is known as damping off.

I clone in 1 1/2" rockwool cubes. I dip rockwool in ph adjusted water and gently shake out the excess before I insert my clone. It doesn't get water again for at least a week, unless for some reason it dries out.

I have found the media doesn't dry much in the dome until roots are forming

I keep the holes in the dome closed first 3 days then open them. After a week I'm usually able to remove the dome completely. I NEVER mist, not even the day I take clones. I will add a little water to the bottom of the tray first day to help bring humidity in dome up faster.

I also prefer gel type root hormones as I believe they seal the stem and help prevent air embolism which will kill clones.

I set my tray above my t5 veg lights to keep them warm also.

Last edited by RockinRobot; 05-10-2018 at 09:40 PM..
RockinRobot is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:02 PM #3
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
^this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:13 PM #4
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
Take the dome off
MrBungle is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 PM #5
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
Spraying clones is only good for the first day or two. If you continue to spray them they won't root because they are getting water through the leaves.

Turn the temp up in the dome. 80-85 is best.

Another tip, take the cuttings and let them soak over night in a glass of water. Recut the stem and stick them in rockwool.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:04 PM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I have no rockwool. All I have is root riot atm. I will remove the dome thank you everybody!
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis

Old 05-10-2018, 10:32 PM #7
GMT
I am, therefore I think

GMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant futureGMT has a brilliant future
Yeah mate, you'll end up rotting the stem before the roots get chance to grow that way. Rather than worrying about increasing the humidity, reduce the demands for water. Remove the large fan leaves, just growth points get to keep leaves and very low light levels, mean the clone doesn't need to source as much water. I use a 9w cfl at 6" for new clones.
GMT is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:38 PM #8
azad
Buzkashi

azad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to beholdazad is a splendid one to behold
Once you take the cutting it's good to leave it to hydrate in a cup of nute solution or water for 6-12 hrs before planting into the root riots.

Ask the Humming bird about the significance of the flowers.
what would a Vulture know about their significance who feeds on the dead..

https://youtu.be/dqGdWoW-GT8
azad is offline Quote

Old 05-10-2018, 10:46 PM #9
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

I already cut all the fan leaves in half. That's how I lost that original one, I cut it back way too much and the next morning it had slumped over into almost mush.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM #10
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
The root riots dont need to be soaked, if im taking a few i pre charge the bag with nutes like superthrive or something, then drain and squeeze them all out so they are wet but still airy. Maybe even fresh out the bag if they are new, lil spritz and good rh/temps and not a lot of lumens and your golden with all the good advice from others in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is offline Quote