Forums > Talk About It! > Security & Legal Issues > Arizona troubles

Thread Title Search
Arizona troubles Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-03-2018, 12:39 AM #1
midwestkid

midwestkid will become famous soon enough
Arizona troubles

Greetings
So I got busted for possession in Phoenix....
Which is a felony. If I get a felony I lose my job....
A felony for a small amount of weed!
But apparently Arizona will honor med cards from other states.... I held a card in Colorado and California but they are expired....
Any ideas? Anybody know anybody that can post date a med card from a med state?
Any help is appreciated..... this sucks
PM me!
midwestkid is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2018, 01:02 AM #2
toxic hippie

toxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant futuretoxic hippie has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestkid View Post
Greetings
But apparently Arizona will honor med cards from other states.... I held a card in Colorado and California but they are expired....
PM me!
Get a lawyer
toxic hippie is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:11 AM #3
green404

green404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the roughgreen404 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Post dating state issued stuff could lead to more felonies. Bad idea IMO.

I hate to say it but,, you should get a lawyer.
green404 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2018, 01:22 AM #4
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
Sad it's a felony. I can tell you right now the prosecution will argue that your out of state cards are expired. That's two arguments against you.

Is there an affirmable defense for medical need in arizona? If you just so happened to have a med card to slip by and get high than that's no good. You would need a qualified by the state of arizona law medical diagnosis. Not some fake ailment but bonafide stuff.

They may also want to pleade down to probation for a guilty plea. Talk it over with a lawyer and read up on cases like yours in arizona. A lawyer will likely be shitty legal advise unless you have tens of thousands of dollars.

They say geniuses pick green
Easy7 is offline Quote

Old 05-03-2018, 02:59 AM #5
midwestkid

midwestkid will become famous soon enough
I got a lawyer. Just hoping for a miracle I guess.... thanks for the feedback
midwestkid is offline Quote

Old 05-04-2018, 08:10 AM #6
vta

vta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivorvta is a survivor
Good luck ! Argue a medical defense.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

C'mon...You know you want to click this...

American?
Click here...

vta is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2018, 08:39 PM #7
MF Grimm

MF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura about
Broski,

Take a deep breath and don't even sweat this baby boo.

They are absolutely not going to convict you on a felony, especially if this is your first offence.

Lawyer up, get your med card, they will make you pay a fine and do TASC and it will be wittled down to a misdemeanor.

If they don't give you a good deal, tell them you want to go to trial. No way a jury is going to convict you on a minor possession charge. The state isn't going to want to spend the resources on this, they want you to plea out so the get that sweet fine $$$ and money for TASC.

Turn the tables on them and put the ball in their court. You think they are going to spend thousands in court and attorney fees to bring you justice? It's all a cost/benefit thing for them.
MF Grimm is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:42 PM #8
MF Grimm

MF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura aboutMF Grimm has a spectacular aura about
I'm confident your lawyer will get you out of this one, and if he won't, I can recommend you a good one.

He got all my felony cultivation, sales, and possession charges completely dropped. Only $8k in legal fees. Considered it a bargain compared to my buddy in Cali that was out $60k for his lawyer when he got caught with 2 boxes out of Mendo.
MF Grimm is offline Quote

Old 05-05-2018, 10:10 PM #9
Easy7

Easy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud ofEasy7 has much to be proud of
I wouldn't bet he won't get a felony. Only way that occurs is RATTING. Bringing a NARC on deals.

Best bet is plea down. A good lawyer might be able to argue at the plea deal. But a judge has to approve that. As well as the prosecutor, who's the one making the 'offer'. A good lawyer will negotiate terms.

Maybe just maybe it will be a misdemeanor offense he pleads guilty to. Most likely a felony with probation and max fines. That's the standard deal. Don't expect less unless there are valid arguments such as being specific disability for state mj card.

They say geniuses pick green
Easy7 is offline Quote

Old 05-11-2018, 09:32 PM #10
billycw

billycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant futurebillycw has a brilliant future
Quote:
Greetings
PM me!

Anything under an oz qualifies for the failed medical bill prop 200, which basically starts as a felony 6 and rolls to a misdemeanor after you complete tasc and like 300 community hours with a $1,000 fine (not counting court cost, tasc fee's and probation fee's). Its what the prosecution usually offers as the plea for possession...

Anything more get a good lawyer! Wish you luck

I am a 100% Prop compliant medical patient
freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose

Old News... All things vintage
billycw is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.