Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Side by Side Grow Experiments > F1 frequencies reversed P1 donors.

Thread Title Search
F1 frequencies reversed P1 donors. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2018, 05:51 PM #1
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
F1 frequencies reversed P1 donors.

Hello, I'm trying to answer some curiosities I have about P1 donor reversals. I know the number of plants being used should be much larger for a real in depth study. The parental plants being used are.

Bangi Haze f29 reversed x Purple Nepjam f6 fem.

Purple Nepjam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 fem.

I want to see which parental traits are past. The difference in phenotypic expressions, chemotypes and vigor of growth.
These plants will be grown in 45 gallon grow bags. To do more than one of each. I will have to double plant in the 45's.

Organic soil with Leonardite, Icelandic kelp, worm castings and chicken poop. I can break down soil mixtures later. I will be germinating seeds in a week or two. I'm also comparing the f3 and f4 difference of Ace seeds auto flowering plants.

Auto Malawi x Northern lights f3 fem.

Auto Malawi x Northern lights f4 fem.

I hope some of you will find this interesting and helpful.
Peace
farmerlion is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-23-2018, 06:10 PM #2
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud offarmerlion has much to be proud of
I will post pictures of greenhouse when I have my laptop. I suck at using cell phones to get pictures. I have threads at the Ace seeds forum, growing in greenhouses sections and the State x State section in North Dakota.
Please stop and visit to see the rest of the 2018 line up.
Peace

Old 04-23-2018, 07:54 PM #3
Cvh

Cvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to allCvh is a name known to all
Subbed.
Cvh is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-26-2018, 05:40 PM #4
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

The weather is supposed to be in the 80's for the weekend. I will germinate seeds in the grow bags if work allows me to. I'm still struggling with the selection of genetics. I have 3 I can't make up my mind on. Either way I'm very excited about the lineup. Have a great weekend. Peace

Old 04-29-2018, 07:03 AM #5
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

So it begins.

Hello all, today I took the seeds out of the deep freeze of hibernation. They are getting soaked in Humic Source Plus and water. I'm not going to fully germinate them now. I will warm and rehydrate them until morning and place in main grow bags.

45 gallon root pouch grow bags with two plugs removed for potting soil. I'm not a big fan of transplanting and possible stresses to seedlings. For semi and auto flowering genetics. It is better to plant strait into main grow bags.

35 gallon grow bag with a single plug filled with potting soil for seeds.

Seeds being warmed and hydrated in vitamin containers. Each has it's own color and day of the week to keep them separated.

The bags are all labeled and waiting for the seeds in the morning. If it cools down I will start the heater to keep them in a good environment for seedlings.

I will be taking special interest in three strains for this season and project.

#1 NepJam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 fem.
Bangi Haze f29 reversed x NepJam f6 fem.

#2 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f3 fem.
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4 fem.

#3 Purple PCK x Panama f1 fem.
Green PCK x Panama f1 fem.

In these three separate tests/studies. I will be taking notes on many growth aspects. (vigor, phenotype variables, chemotypes and traits progressions).
If anyone has any questions during this grow. Please post it or PM me. This is purely to gain understanding and satisfy my own curiosities. There are many things to be learned. Test #1 has the most interest for me personally. The traits of genotypes, phenotypes and chemotypes is most appealing to me.

One aspect of this grow that won't be as obvious is the soil recycling. I'm trying to come up with a process that cuts soil expenses without sacrificing soil quality. The amendments I'm using this year should or could take me closer to this goal.
I'm using Leonardite in liquid and slow release powder form.
I have switched from Alaskan Brands fish emulsion to Neptune's fish and kelp for my main fertilizer. I have also purchased Icelandic kelp in a dry coarse ground form. This will also be a slow release amendment. I use rain water when available and lake water as it is the most available and consistent Ph.

I did decide to double plant two Lebanese plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. This freed up one 35 gallon root pouch grow bag. I have been wanting to run Original Sour Diesel for a while now. I will double plant these two regular seeds in the empty grow bag. If one of them is a male it will be culled.

I'm hoping first that I get a good male from one of the Lebanese plants. If not the seed making efforts will come to one of the two Blueberries from DJ Short. I haven't made seed yet in my greenhouse. It shouldn't be an issue, but until you have done it you don't really know.

Well that's what I have going on this season. This grow is taking place in a 12'w x 20'l x 10'h greenhouse without a blackout system. My goal is to be able to produce seeds for all growers in North Dakota. So novice growers can plant these in their gardens and have a bountiful harvest of great genetics.

I wish you all a happy, safe and productive grow season
Peace

Old 05-15-2018, 06:42 PM #6
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

All the girls for this comparison are up. One of my Nepjam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze had a pigtailed tap root. I tried to straighten it out and it snapped. So I gently put it back in the soil anyway. If it hasn't recovered in a day or two. I will germinate another seed. It will just be two weeks behind the other three plants.

Everything else is looking good. I added some plants outside for the summer. 2 Erdpurts, 1 Panama Deep Chunk x PCK, 1 Panama Deep Chunk, 2 original Original Glues, 1 I can't remember at the moment.
Peace

Old 05-15-2018, 11:42 PM #7
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really nice
I Read An Article Awhile Ago That Might Interest You (or others):

From Dj Short:

"It has been my observation that the females primarily contribute the type of flavor and aroma and the males contribute the amount of flavor and odor."

Im not sure how much validity this claim holds as i am just getting into breeding and my understandings are from research alone, but this gives us kind of a starting point perspective for pollen->female influence.

Also From Dj Short:

"I usually begin with a Sativa female and an Indica male."

I also did a good amount of research on this and his methodology of using an INDICA FEMALE to breed with instead of an INDICA MALE seems to have been (maybe still is?) controversial practice.

I Found This Though From A Credible Source:

From User Blaze at t h c f a r m e r.com:

"Well, I don't think that you could say that a female sativa crossed with a male indica will produce a better hybrid 100% of the time, but in my experience, DJ's statement does seem to hold pretty true.

A lot of the good hybrids I have seen others create and that I have done myself were done with a sativa female and an indica male. I did quite a few crosses using a sativa male, and I got to say none of them were that great."

Again these just give us a general perspective to go off of from other's (most credible ones i could find, though vague) experiences/beliefs, there is a good deal of personal opinion and myth floating around revolving breeding practices.

In The Above Examples My Takeaway Is This:

The sativa Pollen donor plant is giving unfavorable physical traits to the offspring (long flowering times, long internodes, small fluffy buds, stretchy growth habits and thin stems), where using an Indica pollen donor would give us the physical traits that are sought after.

Ill be following along to pay close attention to the PCK x Panama development, too bad you dont have a Panama x PCK cross to comapre with...

The NepJam and Bangi haze clones you reversed, Do you maybe have some pictures of those plants in flower and of their nugs? Same pics for the Green/Purple PCK and Panama for comparisons?

Cannabinoid anaylsis will needs to be done on a large group of F1 offspring plants to get complete scientific proof of change in influence from donor/receiver interaction documented apart from what is physically obvious.

I really appreciate you doing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates;
"I am not wise,i only understand the path that a lover of wisdom must take in pursuing it."
"people who see with their eyes are all but blind, truth is invisible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Hubble;
"a scientist has a healthy skepticism, suspended judgement, and disciplined imagination."
Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Current Grow:

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle:
(Organic Outdoor)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Last edited by Ibechillin; 05-16-2018 at 12:01 AM..
Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 05-15-2018, 11:59 PM #8
Illuminate

Illuminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud ofIlluminate has much to be proud of
Subbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Nature View Post
I love how this is a plant we've been breeding and manipulating for hundreds of years, if not more, in order to serve our needs yet we've only just recently started taking notes.
Illuminate is online now Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 07:34 PM #9
Ibechillin

Ibechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really niceIbechillin is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates;
"I am not wise,i only understand the path that a lover of wisdom must take in pursuing it."
"people who see with their eyes are all but blind, truth is invisible."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Hubble;
"a scientist has a healthy skepticism, suspended judgement, and disciplined imagination."
Tons Of Information On Max Efficiency Growing, Root Systems and Breeding:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344347

HOW TO GET 1.5+ GRAMS PER WATT!:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....330588&page=29

A Guide On When To Plant Outdoors & Force Flowering Without Covers For Multiple Harvests:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352312

Silicon, The Misunderstood Element:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352413

Current Grow:

Ibechillin's Dank Chronicle:
(Organic Outdoor)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=352271

Last edited by Ibechillin; 05-16-2018 at 08:47 PM..
Ibechillin is offline Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 07:52 PM #10
Koondense

Koondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud ofKoondense has much to be proud of
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
This thread has my interest, subbed.
A quick note tho, I always thought it's written Female X Male, so the "reversed" should be the "males" ...in the case of the first post, shouldn't it be the opposite, so BH x NJ(reversed) and NJ x BH(reversed)?

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote