Hello all, today I took the seeds out of the deep freeze of hibernation. They are getting soaked in Humic Source Plus and water. I'm not going to fully germinate them now. I will warm and rehydrate them until morning and place in main grow bags.
45 gallon root pouch grow bags with two plugs removed for potting soil. I'm not a big fan of transplanting and possible stresses to seedlings. For semi and auto flowering genetics. It is better to plant strait into main grow bags.
35 gallon grow bag with a single plug filled with potting soil for seeds.
Seeds being warmed and hydrated in vitamin containers. Each has it's own color and day of the week to keep them separated.
The bags are all labeled and waiting for the seeds in the morning. If it cools down I will start the heater to keep them in a good environment for seedlings.
I will be taking special interest in three strains for this season and project.
#1 NepJam f6 reversed x Bangi Haze f29 fem.
Bangi Haze f29 reversed x NepJam f6 fem.
#2 Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f3 fem.
Auto Malawi x Northern Lights f4 fem.
#3 Purple PCK x Panama f1 fem.
Green PCK x Panama f1 fem.
In these three separate tests/studies. I will be taking notes on many growth aspects. (vigor, phenotype variables, chemotypes and traits progressions).
If anyone has any questions during this grow. Please post it or PM me. This is purely to gain understanding and satisfy my own curiosities. There are many things to be learned. Test #1 has the most interest for me personally. The traits of genotypes, phenotypes and chemotypes is most appealing to me.
One aspect of this grow that won't be as obvious is the soil recycling. I'm trying to come up with a process that cuts soil expenses without sacrificing soil quality. The amendments I'm using this year should or could take me closer to this goal.
I'm using Leonardite in liquid and slow release powder form.
I have switched from Alaskan Brands fish emulsion to Neptune's fish and kelp for my main fertilizer. I have also purchased Icelandic kelp in a dry coarse ground form. This will also be a slow release amendment. I use rain water when available and lake water as it is the most available and consistent Ph.
I did decide to double plant two Lebanese plants in a 40 gallon plastic grow tub. This freed up one 35 gallon root pouch grow bag. I have been wanting to run Original Sour Diesel for a while now. I will double plant these two regular seeds in the empty grow bag. If one of them is a male it will be culled.
I'm hoping first that I get a good male from one of the Lebanese plants. If not the seed making efforts will come to one of the two Blueberries from DJ Short. I haven't made seed yet in my greenhouse. It shouldn't be an issue, but until you have done it you don't really know.
Well that's what I have going on this season. This grow is taking place in a 12'w x 20'l x 10'h greenhouse without a blackout system. My goal is to be able to produce seeds for all growers in North Dakota. So novice growers can plant these in their gardens and have a bountiful harvest of great genetics.
I wish you all a happy, safe and productive grow season