You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Well Wishes > R.I.P. Boy Scouts

Thread Title Search
R.I.P. Boy Scouts Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2018, 09:29 PM #101
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
So many of you said that, they have been reviewed from top to bottom a number of times and deemed objective. They date back to the early days of the Internet.

Unlike the heavily biased fake news sites ya'll repost from.
Mikell is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:15 PM #102
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikell View Post
So many of you said that, they have been reviewed from top to bottom a number of times and deemed objective. They date back to the early days of the Internet.

Unlike the heavily biased fake news sites ya'll repost from.
I don't repost from any questionable sources. Snopes is at most an equally biased site,not a legitimate fact check site
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 PM #103
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
Who cares about a dead organization. I bet theres more kids on Twitch.tv right now watching other kids play video games than there are members of the boy scouts in total.
Cannavore is online now Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 12:01 AM #104
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor

Yeah, and that's a real shame...

The Boy Scouts was an organization that helped a lot of boys direct their energy in a good direction..
Teaching them how to get along with each other while teaching valuable outdoor skills...

I'll bet the Boy Scouts kept a lot of boys out of trouble they might have otherwise gotten into,
and probably even straightened out more than just a few, who might otherwise have chosen a bad path in life...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 12:46 AM #105
packerfan79

packerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivorpackerfan79 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannavore View Post
Who cares about a dead organization. I bet theres more kids on Twitch.tv right now watching other kids play video games than there are members of the boy scouts in total.
Who cares how many people are in an organization that teaches boys to become men? The problem is that people are forcing a private group to change everything about the group to appease a few people. Should we mandate that women's groups allow men? Should we mandate that the NAACP have whites, Asians, etc. Should we force the DNC have conservatives? The force is the problem. The force is the slippery slope. It's the fact that leftist mandate everyone must adhear to thier belifes , or you are wrongly labeled, a racist, homophobe, islamaphobe. Their is nothing wrong with boys and girls being different. Individuality is the foundation of freedom.
packerfan79 is online now Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 12:47 AM #106
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post

Yeah, and that's a real shame...

The Boy Scouts was an organization that helped a lot of boys direct their energy in a good direction..
Teaching them how to get along with each other while teaching valuable outdoor skills...

I'll bet the Boy Scouts kept a lot of boys out of trouble they might have otherwise gotten into,
and probably even straightened out more than just a few, who might otherwise have chosen a bad path in life...

Agreed.... they were a great horse at one time. It's dead now. Let us proceed now with the beating of the dead horse. LOL

Old 05-17-2018, 01:07 AM #107
Cannavore

Cannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivorCannavore is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Who cares how many people are in an organization that teaches boys to become men? The problem is that people are forcing a private group to change everything about the group to appease a few people. Should we mandate that women's groups allow men? Should we mandate that the NAACP have whites, Asians, etc. Should we force the DNC have conservatives? The force is the problem. The force is the slippery slope. It's the fact that leftist mandate everyone must adhear to thier belifes , or you are wrongly labeled, a racist, homophobe, islamaphobe. Their is nothing wrong with boys and girls being different. Individuality is the foundation of freedom.
i was in the boy scouts. they didn't teach me how to become a man. they taught me how to make co2 powered pinewood derby cars and make macaroni necklaces.

were they really forced though? lol or is it because the scouts are dying and combining them will boost membership?

The DNC already has conservatives. In fact most of them are.

"The rebranding of the Boy Scouts program is paired with a new ad campaign — "Scout Me In" — designed to appeal to both boys and girls.

"As we enter a new era for our organization, it is important that all youth can see themselves in Scouting in every way possible," Boy Scouts of America chief executive Michael Surbaugh said in a statement. "That is why it is important that the name for our Scouting program for older youth remain consistent with the single name approach used for the Cub Scouts."

oh boy what a leftist plot! RIP AMERICA

"Other Boy Scouts programs for older youth — such as an outdoor adventure program called Venturing — were already open to girls. But those programs didn't offer girls the chance to attain the highest rank of Eagle Scout."
Cannavore is online now Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 01:40 AM #108
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
Canna, it sounds like you're confusing the Boy Scouts with the Cub Scouts...

Are you always so cynical about everything? Life is short man, lighten up a bit and enjoy the diversity that is people who think a little differently than you!

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 PM #109
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
Which pressure group or lobby pushed the organization to make this move? An actual organization, not vaguely pointing your finger to the left.

Got a copy of this mandate?
Mikell is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:32 PM #110
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
The scouts were ok when I was a kid.
What I remember were WWII era vets that always seemed to have time to explain how things worked to me as a kid.
What I learned about life and integrity from them always left me feeling like I owe. I try to remember those kinds of thoughts as I deal with young people.

5 members found this post helpful.