What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This thread is da peat puck freaks..

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
I second that motion.......Nice demonstration

Mine are comin soon!.....and yes started by a peat puck

....................................BennyBlanco dang!

Amber Trich

yeah, I've grown awesome plants with peat pucks too. Just trying to fill you in on something our pal Suby turned us on to...

it seems like roots can penetrate at first, but when they try to grow many of the little rootlets are cut off by the netting!

A mature plant can end up w/ just a few monster thick roots that look like branches emerging from the puck, and your branching structure starting from there.

We were skeptical when we first heard the information, but instead of calling Suby out, we opened our minds and LEARNED something. I can't say for sure it makes a difference in yield, but there is definitely some truth in the above statement.
Do a search!

peace!

moegreen

Hey blunt, do you clip the leaf tips when you clone? I just tried your method tonight and hope this will work for me.

moegreen

It looks like my clones might actually make it. At least they look much healthier than they did trying other methods. I was re reading this thread and was curious about the part talking about the end of the week. Are you saying I should remove the dome until the water in the tray dries or should I just dump the remaining water out? When I replace the water should I use warm/hot water again? I was also wondering what the purpose of replacing the water with fresh is. Is there something in the water that the plant uses up and cant replenish?

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
nah it just becomes stale afterwhile.. I add fresh water once.. after about a week onc the peatpucks have sucked up all the water with the dome off.. then i refill and put the dome back on.

hoodini

I just ran another tray of clones using this method. This seems to be the only way I can actually get clones to root. Still curious if superthrive would help but I would definetly recommend any nube with cloning problems to give this way a go.! Nice thread brotha!

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Haven't had a problem with seeds or clones yet... gotta love how much they cost too.

I've started using coco in nursery flats (6 packs connected together) and its working just as good if not maybe better. You need to babysit it coco a little more since it dries out quicker.

Pirate138

the Revenant
Veteran
Are rapid rooters the same thing as peat pucks? If so do yall add water in the tray below the RR? Im worried about stem rot.

greenhead

Veteran
I've only used peat pucks a couple of times so far, and I haven't yet made up my mind as to what I think of them. I haven't yet tried any of the other things out there, like rockwool, rapid rooter etc.

People always talk about minimizing stress when transplanting, so is it then a good idea to use peat pucks, which have a PH of 5.3, if you're growing in soil ? That seems pretty acidic.

:joint: :wave:

Mr Celsius

Veteran
Pirate138: No and no we're not worried about stem rot.

greenhead: Ph is an issue when trying to uptake nutrients, no roots, no nutrients. If was acidic enough to dissolve plant matter it would be a problem... I've used rockwool, rapid rooters, oasis cubes & peat pucks. Peat pucks or coco is my favorite.

hoodini

Has anyone tried adding superthrive to the tray with this method. I would give it a go but have quite a few cuttings in there and dont want to lose em all.

Mr Celsius

Veteran
I have used superthrive with this method and still do. Literally 1 drop per gallon.

G

Cut the netting at transplant and there are no problems with the roots being bound.

hoodini

I never even thought about the net. I already have some girls that I cloned using this method and just stuck the puck into the soil. It doesnt seem like there are any issues as of yet other than nute problems. Hopefully all will work out well for me.

Pothead from 86

whats up people, I love these things (pucks) but I didnt know I should let that many roots grow out of the puck b4 transplanting. I usually only let a couple get about 1/4 inch out of the puck and then transplant. But I have xperiencd slower plant growth on some my way. So I will try letting more roots grow out of the netting an also cutting the netting to help ease the roots growth out of the puck. I just put 10 safari mix seeds :headbange from Mandela seeds and 5 thai haze x skunk 1 from sam the skunkman's collection :asskick:r in pucks 2day hoping for all to sprout in 3-5 days. I'll keep you posted. peace :rasta: :muahaha: :pimp3: :smoweed:

hoodini

I only had a root or so coming out of the puck and decided to transplant into soil. I dont think it slowed growth too much but then again they wernt growing very fast while I had them in the tray.

G

Yay for pucks!

For years I fucked with stupid little "cloning machines" and aero this and bubbler that and heat mats and blah blah blah and even rapid rooters.

Nothing seems to work as consistently well as peat pucks in a soda bottle or tupperware or whatever. They are a bit finicky at first, but once you get used to them they're pretty much fail-safe . You can get them any where and they're cheap as shit.

But yea.... Holy Bare-Naked Roots, Batman! My SOP with the pucks is as soon as i get a few roots popping through, the net comes off (carefully) and into soil it goes. I don't know what you guys are smokin' but you need to mail me some. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts