What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mtnjohn's cabin(et)

webecat

This is the thread that inspired me to go 150. Thanks MJ, I hope to see you (or your alter ego) back some day with an update.:)

Peace

Kaskadian

Veteran
No matter how many times I see this cabinet, it never fails to inspire me. John, you're a micro king brother.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I'm unable to edit my post, so please excuse this double post. Many years ago, you and POMH taught me virtually everything I know about micro growing. Johnny boy wherever you are these days I hope you're well. I wanted to let you know I'm building a new cabinet as an homage to you, POMH, and the others that helped me along the way. As soon as I find time to get started, I'll be creating a thread and posting pictures. Hope we get the chance to catch up again someday.

Cheers amigo,
JTF/Kas

Mikeb437

you'll have to excuse me as i'm smokin' some hash and trying to.....do....
something....ok, here we go

the flower chamber , aka mtnjohn's cabinet.....

front view....here you can see the internal workings...2" pvc passive intake
DWC tub , scrog frame, 150watt hps air-cooled reflector and exhaust
the usable inside dimensions are 23"wide x 17"deep x 31" tall

air comes in the 2" intake...up thru the screen and plants and into the reflector

the air cooled reflector has a glass(not tempered glass, just freakin' regular glass) bottom and grated air inlet's(holes) on the left side ....from there incoming air goes thru the hood into 3" flex duct then to a 4x3 reducer..after that there is an 85cfm comp fan
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3822cabfrontview.jpg]View Image[/url]

top view(with lid removed)...so you can see the comp fan on the back wall
and the ballast room on the left, there is a little 30cfm fan to cool the ballast area as well
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3822topviewcab1.JPG]View Image[/url]

once the air leaves the reflector and exhaust it goes thru the comp fan on the inside back wall .... thru a 4"pvc 90* to another 85cfm comp fan and then finally into the canfilter 2600 which completes the process

back view.....you can also see the air pump hanging from a bungee off of the 4" 90*
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3822cra_478.jpg]View Image[/url]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/3822cra_476.jpg]View Image[/url]

next up ....the scrog frame and DWC tub in detail
stay tuned
mj

So you only have 2 pc fans running air thru the carbon filter? My last stealth grow had tons of odor problems and i couldnt get the stink out. Can you tell me exactly what you got??

ElGato

Veteran
Loompa's headband OG

picture.php

Bubba Kush

picture.php

the white

picture.php

mj

H

hard rain

Great thread, nicely bumped.
What a fantastic cabinet cabinet and still going strong after all these years (assuming it's the same one).

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
13 years late but enjoying the shi** out if this thread. So many similarities to my first cabinet, a micro harvester.
All the best to you Sir and I'm subbing this thread.
This just reminded me that I too should go and try to have a proper scrog again once in a while. I've become too lazy...
CC

ElGato

Veteran
the shots of the Bubba and the White were from my 600w Armoire

the LHB scrog shot is at least several years old

Great thread, nicely bumped.
What a fantastic cabinet cabinet and still going strong after all these years (assuming it's the same one).

indeed it is the same Cab, freshly renovated with new Fan, Filter and fresh interior paint

thanks for stopping in

you still rocking the 150 or is the an LED in there now?

still the 150w, I don't see any reason to change just yet, the new LED's are pretty impressive though.

thanks

13 years late but enjoying the shi** out if this thread. So many similarities to my first cabinet, a micro harvester.
All the best to you Sir and I'm subbing this thread.
This just reminded me that I too should go and try to have a proper scrog again once in a while. I've become too lazy...
CC

and all the best to you as well, thanks for stopping by

That scrogs tight and right, impressive skills!:tiphat:

thanks blaze , I just filled the Cab with some Lemon Tree cuts so hopefully shortly will have some fresh new scrog shots

mj

Last edited: