What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Latest and Greatest Personal Use Rosin Press

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Well, I just received my 7th rosin press. Lucky number 7. Each one just seems to get better and better. Big thanks to HashMasta Kutt for the first Irwin clamp and hair straightener model. LOL

Well, we have come a long way, baby. And, I am so impressed with my latest buy. I just love this thing. It is so small and compact.

I ran a few presses at 1 gram and 2 grams. However, today I am going to run some larger loads just to prove to myself that I don't need a giant set of plates and a 20 ton press to get good rosin.

We shall see. I'll make some vids of the presses and post them later.

This is the latest DabPress release. An amazing $399 with free shipping just about any place in the world. I got mine from China to US in 4 days.

I did an unboxing review. Although, I'm not real sure I would call it a review. More just a show of what's in the box.

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/aSzAAsMdA_Y

https://youtu.be/nZORimfqlWk

https://youtu.be/jqJFO0icUxk

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Here is a video of this little puppy doing drip tech. I think drip tech is more for the larger, more commercial presses than for a tiny 3 ton unit like this but it was fun anyway. LOL

Really loving this press....

https://youtu.be/b3pQQnNgCsM

[YOUTUBEIF]https://youtu.be/b3pQQnNgCsM[/YOUTUBEIF]

JRace

After watching your video I just had to get one...going with the dp-bj6t35, it should be here this week.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
You'll love it. I was just perusing the forum before going back and pressing a few buds as we speak. LOL

Let us know how it works out.

JRace

Took a bit to get here due to some shipping snafus, and while unlikely it was Dabpress's fault they still made up for it.

Great customer service.

It is my first time pressing Rosin so nothing to compare too, but it feels well-built and is super easy to use.

Pressed a few g's and starting to get the hang of it.

Home-Grown

I would only be interested in trying a gram,
or perhaps, even, only half a gram press as a novelty event.

[FONT=&quot]Can the pre-press be simplified or bypassed for small quantities?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Notice the Heat plates with jack clamp can be purchased for DIY version.
This sounds good because Jacks are cheap locally and heavy to freight.

Anybody purchasing the DIY Heat Plate kits?
Whats been tested?

`

JRace

[FONT=&quot]Can the pre-press be simplified or bypassed for small quantities?

`

Yes, you can easily press single buds without the pre-press.

Katsu

Veteran
20 ton bottle jack press and Low Temp Plates from Colorado. works perfectly.
https://www.lowtemp-plates.com/

[FONT=&quot]Can the pre-press be simplified or bypassed for small quantities?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Notice the Heat plates with jack clamp can be purchased for DIY version.
This sounds good because Jacks are cheap locally and heavy to freight.

Anybody purchasing the DIY Heat Plate kits?
Whats been tested?

`

Home-Grown

$300 for heat plates is more then I would want to pay to build it myself, preferring the prebuilt for a bit extra, if to go down that road.

Thinking more Ebay or China for something cheaper to try it.

This is not something I would do very often, just curious

I built my own PID with parts from Amazon. I set it up with 120v plug ins, so I can run different heaters, like my 300 watt halogen light I use for making iso oil. I also wired in an e-nail.
So I use the PID a lot.

Last edited:

Home-Grown

I built my own PID with parts from Amazon. I set it up with 120v plug ins, so I can run different heaters, like my 300 watt halogen light I use for making iso oil. I also wired in an e-nail.
So I use the PID a lot.

[FONT=&quot]Have soldered up High Temp analogue thermal controllers for a play with the VAP science a few yr back. [/FONT]
What temp range are you using, and have you purchased budget heating plates?

I would posibly look at the Heating Plates with Jack clamp, to save some money.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
My first press was pennies. Search eBay for ceramic mold heater and Aluminum round stock.

I bought 2 plates, 4" dia x 1" thick for under $10. Then, I drilled them and inserted the heaters. I attached the heaters to a fan speed controller and that was it.

Granted, I bought the press from Harbor Freight for $49 but the rest of the stuff was real real cheap. That was my 3rd DIY press.

caliprop215

Veteran
Looks and works good man. Glad to hear.

I just finished building my press.

3x5 plates 25 bucks shipped

Pid 33 bucks

Heater elements 10 bucks

Floor flange with set screw 10 bucks

And a old cut up extension cord...

And the 12 ton bottle jack was like 70 bucks.

So about 150 for a 12 ton press. I had the press already but had to get a new jack since last one wasn't holding pressure.

I'm just learning this process and have had a few blow outs without using bags. But still got a few grams of rosin and it's only been couple hours..I'm happy and happy ur press works well .u getting g better yields then I am

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Yields depend on a lot. I range from 10% to 20% with flowers.

Pre-pressing into pucks helps controls blow outs. I don't use bags or filters (usually). Pre-pressing into a puck helps maintain a consistent (and smaller) puck after pressing.

I use 210F to 220F and most presses last about 1 or 2 minutes.

Press real slowly.

Home-Grown

Yields depend on a lot. I range from 10% to 20% with flowers.

Pre-pressing into pucks helps controls blow outs. I don't use bags or filters (usually). Pre-pressing into a puck helps maintain a consistent (and smaller) puck after pressing.

I use 210F to 220F and most presses last about 1 or 2 minutes.

Press real slowly.

Leaving this for another time, I know what is required now.
Thanks

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Just used mine yesterday. Not a single complaint about either DabPress unit so far. Really loving rosin for edibles.