What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's one thing I didn't add back to this mix that potentially could have made it better. Rice flour, as odd as it seems to add to soil, is a great source for microbial fodder. Hate I over looked it. Coffee grinder and some organic grown brown rice is all one needs.

I honestly picked that idea up from mushroom growers. If it fosters fungi, THROW IT IN THE DIRT! :joint:

Use those formulas on the first couple of pages in my thread to work new things into your mix without upsetting your nutritional balance. It's all give and take. Find what works for you, brother.

dank.Frank

U

useless.gardens

That's one thing I didn't add back to this mix that potentially could have made it better. Rice flour, as odd as it seems to add to soil, is a great source for microbial fodder. Hate I over looked it. Coffee grinder and some organic grown brown rice is all one needs.

I honestly picked that idea up from mushroom growers. If it fosters fungi, THROW IT IN THE DIRT! :joint:

Use those formulas on the first couple of pages in my thread to work new things into your mix without upsetting your nutritional balance. It's all give and take. Find what works for you, brother.

dank.Frank

for sure. rice flour is a staple in the pro kitchen too. for saute work its the only flour. & if i want to "double dip" something (flour, egg wash, bread crumb) we always use rice flour. as well, if i want to get some crustyness to fish, thin cut pork chop, etc, i use a rice flour coating... on fish you can also use a dusting of corn starch.

always sear in a super hot pan. and never add the butter until your ready to get cooking.

in my coco/promix concoction, i use the brown rice whole. but, i do see the value of adding it after dusting it up in a grinder.

alcatraz og... from the 5 i put down, not sure if any are going to sprout. 2 cracked on the side but no progress. put them in some of my mix & wet it down a touch to see if any bust out.

i have another pack, which i will scuff as ibchillski suggested, but @ $80 id offer you stay away from that strain & rock something else from them.

unlike alien (for example), norstar doesnt date their packs... which ALL "breeders" should do.

after contacting them, and their blame me response, i'll have to move them down my list.

not in the top 10 any more. putting them at 11.

Goats

for sure. rice flour is a staple in the pro kitchen too. for saute work its the only flour. & if i want to "double dip" something (flour, egg wash, bread crumb) we always use rice flour. as well, if i want to get some crustyness to fish, thin cut pork chop, etc, i use a rice flour coating... on fish you can also use a dusting of corn starch.

always sear in a super hot pan. and never add the butter until your ready to get cooking.

in my coco/promix concoction, i use the brown rice whole. but, i do see the value of adding it after dusting it up in a grinder.

alcatraz og... from the 5 i put down, not sure if any are going to sprout. 2 cracked on the side but no progress. put them in some of my mix & wet it down a touch to see if any bust out.

i have another pack, which i will scuff as ibchillski suggested, but @ $80 id offer you stay away from that strain & rock something else from them.

unlike alien (for example), norstar doesnt date their packs... which ALL "breeders" should do.

after contacting them, and their blame me response, i'll have to move them down my list.

not in the top 10 any more. putting them at 11.

yeah, a lot of asian cuisine uses cornstach or potato starch for that crispiness when frying. i made my old lady some chicken karaage the other day and used potato starch.

spent 11 years cooking as my career in my younger years. good times running around banging waitresses and partying all the time, but man is the work brutal sometimes. i don't really miss it, but i still love to cook.

Breadwizard

Sorry to barge in, but it's so useful in the bake house too! It's used to line cloths and brotforms to keep the dough from sticking, so your freeform loafs don't come out misshapen

U

useless.gardens

Sorry to barge in, but it's so useful in the bake house too! It's used to line cloths and brotforms to keep the dough from sticking, so your freeform loafs don't come out misshapen
bust on in the thread any time my baking bro!

right on. i use rice flower to cover the koosh (fabric you use, pleat & fold, in baking to keep the baguettes in nice rows while they proof) all the time.

in my medium mix (coco, promix, amends) i use 16 oz dry brown rice per 33 gallons. just tweaked my mix last night.

KOS got my beans in the mail. stoked. cant wait to bust off some of the cherry malawi.

pretty sure... looks like my favorite platinum fire og is a male. whoot!!! gonna collect some pollen from him for sure. plan to hit both afghan phenos (chin check), the cherry malawi (kitty hawk og), and the stardawg guava (buck rodgers time).

got all 4 alien apple warps in solos. they come out the seed looking red apple color & change to verdant green soon after. neat!

got my replacement packs from JBC. look how dude hooked up a custy with a germination issue. the 10 packs from uselful (must be my evil twin) are dank sinatra f2s.

if you peep the vials from nor'star... while very sexy... that tinfoil type cap does nothing to protect the seed from the environment.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
right on. i use it to cover the koosh (fabric you use, pleat & fold, in baking to keep the baguettes in nice rows while they proof) all the time.

in my medium mix (coco, promix, amends) i use 16 oz dry brown rice per 33 gallons. just tweaked my mix last night.

got all 4 alien apple warps in solos.

got my replacement packs from JBC. look how dude hooked up a custy with a germination issue. the 10 packs from uselful (must be my evil twin) are dank sinatra f2s.

if you peep the vials from norstar... while very sexy... that tinfoil type cap does nothing to protect the seed from the environment.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77229&pictureid=1912169&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

I bet anything NorStar went with those style packs because they look like vials of insulin. Prolly comes in handy with international shipments and even domestic ones. Been hearing stories of guys seeds and CBD stuff being taken by the USPS. But I bet they don't give a second look to insulin going thru the mail. Even though most of the time insulin products are to be kept cold, I sure they bank on most people not knowig that.

Or it's none of that, and I'm just reading too far into it, lmao !! I'm interested to see what that Nothern Lights Blue turns out like. I had one going a few years back but gave it to a buddy instead of other plants I really wanted to keep for me.

Breadwizard

Have you played with any of the gooeybreeder stuff from norstar? I just got a pack of the Zapotec (SM Colombian gold x Oaxaca gold) and it came with a freebie of solar wind, which is (urkle x Chernobyl) x purple mayhem. Hoping there might be some fire there.

U

useless.gardens

Have you played with any of the gooeybreeder stuff from norstar? I just got a pack of the Zapotec (SM Colombian gold x Oaxaca gold) and it came with a freebie of solar wind, which is (urkle x Chernobyl) x purple mayhem. Hoping there might be some fire there.
you can go back in this thread an see the midnight fire i was running. cannaexotics (gooeybreeder) is the shizz.

U

useless.gardens

I bet anything NorStar went with those style packs because they look like vials of insulin. Prolly comes in handy with international shipments and even domestic ones. Been hearing stories of guys seeds and CBD stuff being taken by the USPS. But I bet they don't give a second look to insulin going thru the mail. Even though most of the time insulin products are to be kept cold, I sure they bank on most people not knowig that.

Or it's none of that, and I'm just reading too far into it, lmao !! I'm interested to see what that Nothern Lights Blue turns out like. I had one going a few years back but gave it to a buddy instead of other plants I really wanted to keep for me.

northern lights blue, grown by yours truly :
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

doing some transplants, i see that the containers with the promix at the bottom have very very vigorous roots. add to this, i over-watered 4 plants & something needs to be adjusted as the medium, with solid airflow, isnt drying out fast enough (to my liking).

ive determined that my mix needs higher porosity. while very sexy, the medium is too silky. it's holding moisture too long.

my plan is to expand a 5 kilo coco block add castings & amends & treat it like a seed batch.

ill add promix HP at a ratio of 50/50 with the seed batch.

should help with my watering schedule & get containers to dry out properly. plus, i shouldnt need to add promix to the bottom of the containers. so, for an easier time in the garden, i just want to see one consistent mix throughout the container.

Goats

doing some transplants, i see that the containers with the promix at the bottom have very very vigorous roots. add to this, i over-watered 4 plants & something needs to be adjusted as the medium, with solid airflow, isnt drying out fast enough (to my liking).

ive determined that my mix needs higher porosity. while very sexy, the medium is too silky. it's holding moisture too long.

my plan is to expand a 5 kilo coco block add castings & amends & treat it like a seed batch.

ill add promix HP at a ratio of 50/50 with the seed batch.

should help with my watering schedule & get containers to dry out properly. plus, i shouldnt need to add promix to the bottom of the containers. so, for an easier time in the garden, i just want to see one consistent mix throughout the container.

does the promix contain myco? could be another reason for the improved root development on those ones. i am not sure if you're inoculating with anything else.

U

useless.gardens

does the promix contain myco? could be another reason for the improved root development on those ones. i am not sure if you're inoculating with anything else.
yes. promix HP has myco. i also use bio-live (down to earth), great white (plant success), and a knock off of VAM (granular, made by Endo 4). we likes :) the microbes, fungi, and such.

the root development at the bottoms of the containers is stellar. i want to make sure im using a more consistent mix. i was just experimenting by laying a coco rich mix over promix. to gauge results i need to make everything the same in all containers... plus ill be able to manage my water/feeds better.

cracking 9 @ "auto dark purple" from delicious seeds. one and done. only autos in my stash & they were freebies. since i have to hit the garden store for promix, ill score 2 @ 5 gal smart pots. ill toss all of them into 2 containers to save space.

https://www.deliciousseeds.com/del_en/auto-dark-purple.html

as well, i was peeping my norstar strains in those vials. i tossed all the boxes & put the vials into a baggie. that tinfoil lid is some serious corny bullshit! while it is "sealed", you can plainly see the air gap were you open it up for access to the beans.moving them down the list some more. they now ranked 15:moon:

taking norstar's spot, cannaexotics up in my top 10.

4/20 i want to score some seed from vashion, bodhi, subby, and cannaexotics.

also, i hear the subby is trying to buy back all kinds of old seed stock from people after loosing so much in those fires. hmmmm... whats that say about his current strains?

U

useless.gardens

wedding cake finally rooted. stoked.

stardawg (guava), irene, ogkb, wedding cake, true cut of og kush, gg#4 are the elites in my mother tent.

still waiting on (suicide cut) the cheese.

"unbroken chain" giving me a headache. but, if she's just like the glue, its a no brainer which one i'd keep.

"the 3" (2.0 sister) and fake91 also rocking out something fierce.

gonna start culling males except for the platinum fire stud.

hoping to make a nice batch of regular seeds with the afghan keeper & guava. also only keeping the afghan that is the most stinky & central cola dom... the bushy one, while super sexy, is one and done.

started a seed batch of coco too. want to get as much cook time in on this new batch as possible. should be grabbing another bale of promix asap. as always, i use liquid fulvic/humic & kelp & fish emulsions in 5 gals of water to expand the block.

got all the auto dark purples down... skipped the peat pucks & went straight to cups. & i see no activity on the 5 alcatraz og that are down. thus far, 1 for 10. seriously stinky germ rate!!

Last edited:

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Balls definitely starting to roll...promix and coco sounds good for a side by side should be fun to watch!

U

useless.gardens

Balls definitely starting to roll...promix and coco sounds good for a side by side should be fun to watch!
no doubt. nugget factory is open. lol.

side by side. no. not me. my agenda is flowers, bubble, cuts, & seed. i dont care to compare/contrast shit for anybody.

but, i love a good side by side when you do it ;-)

U

useless.gardens

tossed 3 platinum fire males. kept two as cuts though ;-) want to see how they stack using smaller conatiners & taking up less space.

should be cracking some seed today. probably gonna put the cherry malawi on the back burner for a second.

fell like cracking some fems.

& 20-25lb bags on the way in today... love those down to earth products.

neem seed meal
oyster shell flour
bio-live
bio-fish

and scored 4 @ 15lb bags of castings for $64 to the door.

all i need to do now is pick-up two bales of promix & ill be set for a wHile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzBQlWBDJMM