What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Double Strawberry Diesel / Strawberry Cough / God's Gift and Friends

alamony2005

Thanks ahead of time for everyone who follows this from the first grow.

the_dungeon: Wait till you see this shit man.. your gonna trip.

A little disappointed from my soil grows I have taken the time to step-up my attention span and put my brain to some good use. Soil was a pain in the fucking ass for me... some of you might think I am insane for saying that but its true for me.

Down to business..

Light: 1000watt HPS / Switching to my 1000watt Dual-Arc soon. Supplemental dual 400watt Floralux hoods with all three types of bulbs CMH/HPS/MH which I will use if needed.
Hood: SunSystems Yield Master II
Plants: Double Strawberry Diesel. Strawberry Cough, Gods Gift, Cali-Mist, Cali-Orange
Food: Advanced Nutrients Product's " Connoisseur/SensiGrow
Environment: Air Conditioned & humidity controlled.
Reservoir: 110gallons- I had to scale back and now the system holds around 70 gallons at any given time.
Pots: Six 5gallon buckets in a 4x4 area sectioned off.I now have 9 pots going.
Grow Style: Short multi cola shrubs.
Ect: BlueLab Truncheon, American Marine PH probe. Westclock Air/Humidity/water temp. Payload hash bags :biggrin: Colloidal Silver Generator which I will use to make seeds of my Double Strawberry Diesel to make sure I always have this gem.

I want this to be the most legit grow to date. I will be adding to this thread alot each day. Intend to document everything possible on how well they perform and YIELD!! mmm that magical word everyone is dying to know. That's all for right now as I am off to play with my fresh-out-the-bag hash =). I will update tomorrow morning when I start chopping alot more plants out of my room to make way for this. See you guys in a few hours!

*If this is going to be my best grow to date I am going to need the help and criticism of the veteran hydro guys in here so feel free to chime in if you see something going south that I might have missed*

NHMI

I love it when people post threads about some grow they plan on doing, but don't post any pics or anything....what a waste of space....

alamony2005

Yeah the space was wasted but only for a while. Here is a little shot for the time being while I can write something up.

4521209973_73886b3ff7.jpg

alamony2005

Every strain has survived so far... my D.S.D. is not looking so hot and it had mites so I shoved it outdoors and i cant see a single might on her. I did spray her down with D.D. Spider mite knock out but who knows. I am trying to clone them but its not working out so well this time. Either way I will figure it out.

I just finished up installing the 240v line last night after a few shots of Goldschlager I think its called; thankfully the house is block and I never crossed the wrong pair! lol. On a side note I also wired up two 400w ballasts for 240v and connected them to the circuit I ran into the room. I would like to thank all the people at Lowes and Homedepot and my local hydro warehouse who helped me piece together the items I needed to build my "projects". :thank you:

:smoke: oh yeah back to writing; the pump to empty my buckets just turned on and I heard the splashing and it brought my back to an important issue that i overlooked. *Secure your feed and return lines 100% the first time!!! fuck me I had so much water EVERYWHERE.. brand new wood laminate too.. lol Its a little wonky but I have a shit load extra that ill eventually swap it out with.

I stated above that I was going to use the Maxi Jet 1000's to fill and empty my controller. I thought to my self, why use a pump that only has a 1/4" outlet when my entire system is plumbed with 1". "Yes I know there are pumps that have 1/4 outlet spouts and could match the 1" but thats besides the point. I will pick up a basic pond pump and call it even. I have to take more individual pics of the set up so you guys can all see and help me make this a success.

The only thing I have not completed is getting the Dual Arc bulb. =( Im sorry guys but I need to fix this house and its gets first dibs in most cases.

alamony2005

Just helped Benzo take some clones of his Space Queen which I think will turn out well this round.

*all I really did was just sit back and watch. He know's how to do it but just isnt confident*

You do a perfect job!

As for the grow. I took down the tent because it was going to be a little bit of a problem for me to keep it cool as the A/C unit was overwhelmed by the sudden heat changes where I am. 5000btu was a joke and the 1000watter laughed at it like it was not even on. SO it came down with the quickness and I bought a C.A.P.S. 8" fan and reduced it to 6" and exhaust outside. With in 5 minuets of the new fan being on and tent comming down the temps dropped from 82f all the way to 72f. I was shocked at the power of ambient air cooling down that hood and entire room at that matter.

The plants are looking amazing as far as growth is concerned. (Yes I am aware that these plants should look way better if I was really on top of my game; but Im still learning and buying components as you can see from my list of things.) The Cali-Orange plant seems to have exploded with massive "predator claw" leafs. Gods Gift has some insane node spacing or the lack there of because this female is a bush! Grape Ape is doing better than I expected. The plant is taking on a natural round bush shape with main cola tops wanting to stick out like spikes. My Double Strawberry Diesel is doing.... well they are alive. The first D.S.D. is going to be 3 or so main tower style colas and is pheno 1 in my book (thin razor pointed leaves) and will stretch greatly in its flower phase. The other two dsd's are really small but thats okay because I just might pollinate them with the fresh pollen collected from my hermied DSD. Its better for me for them to be small as I just want them for seed and I want to see how well I can keep areas from being contaminated. Imagine me playing the game Operation where the object is to retrieve items with out touching anything else or you loose. I want to see if I can pollinate a single area or will it spead to everything. My Strawberry Cough girl is doing good. remember I put this baby inside my set up with just one tiny tap root sticking out the bottom of a rock wool cube, leaves entirely baked and nute burned but its become quite the strong plant.

I have been wondering why the hell I am unable to spell any word correctly. *I know my grammer and spelling is way of already* but my wireless keyboard's battery was nearly dead and it was loosing its single intermittently causing it to not register my keystrokes. hahaha.

Anyways, I snapped some pics and put that little vid up to check out. I will post pictures after I get back from work and shower up because ill have nothing else to do...

WHOA!! The sound of crashing metal sending plant shrapnel everywhere came from the back room. I ran in to see that the blower had blown off its duct. I really need to get that new hood and just use this for in and out. Its secured now and im going to crash out. Night and be back soon.

alamony2005

I worked from 10:15am until about 7:45pm today completely cleaning out a restaurant for my personal business. This place was a complete mess and looked like it had never been de-greased in a year of operation. The grease traps which are stainless steel had 4 and a quarter inches of gunk built up. Ever seen stalagmites and stalactites, while this restaurant had them made of grease from the ceiling and floor. Aside from that its 9 minuets till my lights come on and Im excited to see what new stuff this night period has done for my crop. I promised pictures and I will have them up tonight before I crash out or get a little drunk.

Cheers everyone!

sneakinman13

Veteran
I love it when people post threads about some grow they plan on doing, but don't post any pics or anything....what a waste of space....

not trying to start anything. but why would you even post something like that???
seems kinda pointless to me?

alamony2005

Last night was fun... got pretty drunk here are some pics of whats going on back there.

Younger Grape Ape
4563042947_29790a104d_o.jpg

D.S.D.
4563042995_747a85c15c_o.jpg

Gods Gift
4563673280_e022c937d3_o.jpg

Cali-Orange
4563673366_79c1d7048d_o.jpg

Grape Ape
4563673316_b422eb55b2_o.jpg

Cali-Mist
4563043227_f773bbfcf2_o.jpg

Group Shot
4563673496_19b98cf310_o.jpg

this D.S.D. had to be put back in to veg, it never took off.. still has growing roots so I will just snip a clone when I can and start over with something healthier.
4563673524_49f3369525_o.jpg

4563673562_8b451e0846_o.jpg

Caps Fan
4563043399_a542f17810_o.jpg

4563043431_c54d6f28a6_o.jpg

Cali-Orange has what I call Predator Hands.
4563043475_65a9859b8d_o.jpg

4563673706_b481426ecc_o.jpg

4563043549_f537437763_o.jpg

Cali-Orange Middle Cali-Mist in back
4563043633_ae997dec5d_o.jpg

Group Shot
4563043689_fda5905e1f_o.jpg

4563674078_3545a20f4a_o.jpg

alamony2005

haha sorry people those pics where taken last night. The date of those is 4/28/2010. but haha yeah. I wonder why it was stuck on that date. Either way, I did some LST'ing in the back room last night and I cant wait to see what they do when I wake up in 9 hours from now.

alamony2005

I apologize for not posting pictures and other important stuff for you to browse over while surfing on ICMag. I hope I have not wasted to much space with my often pointless posts; however life comes first.

NHMI

I appologize, I shouldn't have said anything but I was having a bad day and I run a forum that has to keep upgrading servers for lack of space and have deleted about 1,000 "placeholder" threads....so I was being bitchy, sorry...I see it was eventually worth the wait.

alamony2005

:tiphat:rockin the buckts i like it..kick ass strains ///grow on........

Thank you, I already have much bigger plans in the works... I say bigger but in fact it will be much more simple and hopefully produce tons more product. Stay tuned.

I closed up the room today and the L.S.T. I did the last two days is really starting to show as they are starting to make the switch to full flower. I can already visualize they multiiple colas that will pop up shortly haha.

The Cali-Orange is doing marvelous and my Double Strawberry Diesel is coming along very nicely and healthy. I have alot of pollen from my male D.S.D. collecting in a sealed fish tank on the other side of the house and I dont open it up but i can see it all falling down.

So far it it has been roughly 4 weeks since I added my nutes and water in my rez which I started them on Sensi Grow A/B with extra Magical and a dash of Scorpion Juice and Rhino Skin. I dont really think I need to flush my rez just yet as its looking as it should, plants are growing as they should and it still smells fresh. 70ish +/- 3gallons at any given time.

For full flower nutrients I plan to run Connoisseur A/B at an EC of 1.8 then up to 2.2 for mid and maybe 2.6 for end. I will be adding Big Bud and Kushie Kush all from A.N. More also but this is enough for now.

More pictures tonight at 10pm P.D.T. Today.

See you all then!

alamony2005

I picked up a new water filtration system today at the local hydro warehouse. HydroLogic Small Boy Sediment and De-Chlorination unit. The unit will pump out 60gallons an hour and has a filter rated at 3,000gal before switch out is suggested. I plan to completely drain my rez and fill it will tap water and hydrogen peroxide to sterilize as much as I can. The plants will be out of their pots and placed in a separate holding bucket while the system is cleaned out. Once its cleaned out I will fill it back up and add my stock pile of Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur A/B. I also picked up a bottle of Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt Silicon Solution. I will also be picking up a bottle of Big-Bud to help my plants along their way. So far the plants are filling out nicely and they are going strong. I will add another video to the post when it comes time to flip the switch and wake them up in 2hours and 15mins. See you then!

Anyone have any questions or pictures of anything? Please feel free to chime in and leave some thoughts.

alamony2005

I apologize for the bad quality but I just got done flushing my rez and cleaning out everything. Its 3:16am and im just waiting for my RO unit to fill everything back up before I give them the nutes.

Here are some still's I captured from a video I made when I was transplanting them back into their homes.
Sorry again for the quality.

Cali Mist Roots
picture.php

Cali Orange Roots
picture.php

Gods Gift Roots
picture.php

After looking at the pictures the roots look a little yellow. I assure you they are pearly white and silky smooth. Remember this was a video taken from my phone and then screen shot, copy paste ect. Ill have better pics tmrw evening hopefully.