What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to Garden By The Moon

L

LolaGal

I hope to just let it run outside this year (SSH).

Right now I'm trying out my first real genetics with some NL5Haze. I probably bit off more than I can chew, but they look good so far! They are getting big, wild and untamed by me.... I like to see how a strain does naturally first, then apply to knowledge to later grows of the same strain. I mostly just dabble for my own medicine and enjoyment inside. I like it outdoors!

Later, Lola

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Lola-thanks for posting this. I am interested in this and I may grab that book. I'd like to compare this method v/ traditional methods using my veggies and see what I get....perhaps whichever works best should be my method for my next grow.

L

LolaGal

Hey Dubwise, you're welcome. Use this method for germing beans if nothing else. It works really great!

I've had good results with veggies and flowers too.

Have fun gardening by the moon!

G

nl5 x haze crosses are very palatable for my preferences, the smoke is very "filling" unique and refined. the smells are very aromatic, theraputic almost. top choice smoke and then some

L

LolaGal

nl5 x haze crosses are very palatable for my preferences, the smoke is very "filling" unique and refined. the smells are very aromatic, theraputic almost. top choice smoke and then some

Mmmm...sounds so good! I may take a whip to the grow room, brandish it and yell at the girls "Faster, faster"...:whip:

I confess it's hard times here and I've already smoked a few fan leaves that fell off. They don't work too well, but I LIKE it! They smell too good to resist! Never had any good genetics to work with before! Thanks Gypsy!

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

Get your seeds ready Good planting days ahead

Get your seeds ready Good planting days ahead

:dance:Heads up ya'll some good planting days are almost here!:dance:

Moon enters Pisces Wed 28th at 1:12 AM EST and stays there through Fri 30 when it exits Pisces at 10:25 AM EST. Moon is in the 1st quarter.

So that means Wed, Thurs are super great times to germ your seeds! Pisces is a good root sign!

I'll be transplanting the crew then also...they just won't stay in their pots the roots are awesome.... :whip:They need a little Pisces influence in their lives.

Here in the country all is quiet and dull. Just the way I like it....:jump:

See ya'll later!

Last edited:

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Nice thread.

Whether this works "scientifically" or not is irrelevant. It's obvious that it shows a deep appreciation and respect for not only the plant, but the universe in which it resides.

Will definitely give this a chance someday.

Would be nice to one day see them under moonlight. Just so that they could enjoy the stars, sky, and fresh air.

Thanks for sharing :)

L

LolaGal

Wow! Thanks for the big Ups! Yes, I like to start em inside, but some will definitely be going outdoors as soon as spring gets here. I'm gonna start some soon and veg under 24/0 till thaw, then outside, and hope the change from 24-0 gets me a big crop in May....

Will post some pics when I figure it out..... seems a little complicated.

Come back and visit any time!

Nice thread.

Whether this works "scientifically" or not is irrelevant. It's obvious that it shows a deep appreciation and respect for not only the plant, but the universe in which it resides.

Will definitely give this a chance someday.

Would be nice to one day see them under moonlight. Just so that they could enjoy the stars, sky, and fresh air.

Thanks for sharing :)
yeah it almost sounds like religion or a belief .... but i guess if that works for you then do it!

you know what.... maybe i will even give it a try.... i may learn something...

L

LolaGal

yeah it almost sounds like religion or a belief .... but i guess if that works for you then do it!

you know what.... maybe i will even give it a try.... i may learn something...

LOL....We'll call it the Garden of The Moon cult..... LolaGal waves her hands hypnotically........"You will garden by the Moon....":abduct:

jalajaslet

Hey Lola,

Ran across this thread and instantly read it all through. I have always had an interest and complete belief that the moon has a lot of influence on your growing but have never known how to utilize it. Thank you so much for telling us about the germ time coming up this coming week. I was needing to put 11 babies into a 12/12 and germ my next group and was thinking around Friday I would want to be germ'd and ready to go into Styrofoam cups for a couple of weeks to veg. So Germing on Wednesday will actually give me a few days to get started so they'll be ready right on time or a day later.... If you could give me a source to find a chart like the one your talking about. I have a few handicaps and it would be much easier for me if I could come across a calendar for the year showing what times during each month I should germ, transplant, enter into flowering state, harvest or dry as I am hoping to create a perpetual crop that re harvests once a month... i would so appreciate it. I know how to figure out the phases of the moon, but nothing about the signs of the moon. Does it correlate to the birth month too. For example, I am a Leo born Aug 18th. Is the moon in Leo during that same time or does it go through all the signs in a one month period? If so, how many days of each sign during a month are there...

Thanks for your help,

Last edited:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
i guess it might be usefull for outdoor growing if calanders werent invented. i also dont see it having any effect on indoor growing under artificial light, i see vigorous growth at all times.

so can you explain in SIMPLE terms how this is going to help someone like me that plants vegetables and the odd pot plant around april-may in greenhouse/outdoor. and does the odd pot plant indoor whenever the fancy takes me.
because i dont understand why it would help.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Indoor or outdoors makes no difference.
The ocean tides would dramatically rise and fall as they do now even if there were a giant roof over the ocean.
And for anyone to think the moon is not one of the most powerful things in our universe, would simply be ignoring the proof of it's power that we see daily.
And with the huge effect the moon has on the Earth, how is it hard to fathom it effecting plant growth as well?

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
This earth would not be possible without the moon. All organisms since their inception have developed under its influence. All things are interrelated. Seems like it might not hurt to consider things in a circular fashion rather than a linear fashion.

At the very least this should humble one by putting them on the schedule of the planets/stars and the plant.

Looking forward to sprouting some new seeds this week. Thanks and Bless

L

LolaGal

Hey Lola,

Ran across this thread and instantly read it all through. I have always had an interest and complete belief that the moon has a lot of influence on your growing but have never known how to utilize it. Thank you so much for telling us about the germ time coming up this coming week. I was needing to put 11 babies into a 12/12 and germ my next group and was thinking around Friday I would want to be germ'd and ready to go into Styrofoam cups for a couple of weeks to veg. So Germing on Wednesday will actually give me a few days to get started so they'll be ready right on time or a day later.... If you could give me a source to find a chart like the one your talking about. I have a few handicaps and it would be much easier for me if I could come across a calendar for the year showing what times during each month I should germ, transplant, enter into flowering state, harvest or dry as I am hoping to create a perpetual crop that re harvests once a month... i would so appreciate it. I know how to figure out the phases of the moon, but nothing about the signs of the moon. Does it correlate to the birth month too. For example, I am a Leo born Aug 18th. Is the moon in Leo during that same time or does it go through all the signs in a one month period? If so, how many days of each sign during a month are there...

Thanks for your help,

Try Llewellyn's Moon Sign Book (yes that's how they spell it). I've been using it for last 25 years or so. Horoscopes are based on Sun signs, so no correlation there. The Moon rolls through all 12 signs in one month, spending about 3 days in each sign. Don't use the Farmer's Almanac, many have tried this method using FA, only to find it doesn't work.

Enjoy learning to Garden By The Moon! It helps me a lot, I always have 100% germs with this method. I just dump the seeds in ProMix/perlite in a peat pot & water. Pretty low tech, but good results. Can be used with your favorite germ techniques also.

When I was younger and dealing with alot of local bagseed
I always used the moon as an indication as to when my plants
would start budding and when they should be almost ready to
harvest. I was young and knew a tenth about this plant as I
know now but it worked and helped me greatly and I will continue
to use the moon as an aide, I feel it lets me now whats go one with the crop.

C

Cracky

Thanks for the tip. It seem simple enough. I'll check it out next time I'm thinking about starting or harvesting a garden.

L

LolaGal

All are welcome...but please don't squeeze the Charmin

All are welcome...but please don't squeeze the Charmin

This arguing is why I requested that this method's validity not be discussed here.... :dueling: I don't want to sound like a bitch, but I've heard all these arguments before...nothing will change other's opinions, blah, blah, blah...yadda yadda yadda. I want the Moon Garden to be serene! :dance:

:whip: Please start another thread if ya'll want to argue about this....:whip:

I intended this thread to be a tutorial on Gardening By The Moon, for those who would like to learn about it.

I want everyone to know they are welcome, but I would appreciate it if ya'll would take it outside. Thanks a lot!

hey man didn't intend to ruffle so many feathers, edited some posts so i wasnt mis-representing you anymore...peace out
i will take my crazy science talk elsewhere ...

inefect