What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Moloka'i Frost thread and more...:)

TheFlyinHaWyn!

soooo, i have been kind of stoned lately, and thinking back to yesterdays when i actually had a thread about the Moloka'i Frost, and how it went south a couple of times due to this internet and growing pakalolo thing, soooo i been thinking that maybe i should get the word out about the Frost again. :)

i guess i just want to kind of keep the record straight about the Frost. pretty much anyone that has the Frost now, originally got it from me, because the guy i got it from does NOT give out the strain to people online. i am not sure if he even has a pure copy of the strain anymore, but i'm sure they still do on Moloka'i somewhere, but it is called by a different name. so i will talk about my current Frost grow, and document it, and possibly make seeds through open pollenation. i want to talk about the growth characteristics, the high, the smell, the taste...all of that good stuff.

ok, here we go.

alright, i don't have any pictures of my current grow yet, but i figured i'd start with some info and pics that a friend put down on another site in another time about the Frost, here we go:

"i got the Frost from afoaf.......there's some good history on this strain.....the name Moloka'i Frost actually came from the person from Moloka'i who gave me the original seeds....it is his family's strain, and he wanted to name it, apparently...........he grew it when he first went to school here, and said it didn't do as well here as on Moloka'i.........the original name of the strain on Moloka'i is something else ....soooooo, this person gave me the Frost after tasting some of my Spice of Life Adventure Mix pakalolo that i had done indoors at the time......he was impressed by the pot....and said that he had this killer strain to give me to see how i could do it indo......it was the Frost....."

"wellll....i never really got to try the Moloka'i Frost indoors, as i just couldn't justify it at the time, BUT, i did get to try it outdoor during the long season, and couldn't believe the results when the plant was finished..... ....needless to say....i fell in love with the plant, and was extremely happy to have had used the two prime males to openly pollenate the two Frost females to continue the strain, as i originally got 12 seeds, six of which i gave to a VERY trusted online member, and popped the 6 left, with 3 coming up male, 2 female, and one seed a no pop...the MAN told me that these were his last original seeds that he had brought with him from Moloka'i .....so let's just say that i'm happy i kept the strain around.....anywho....here are some pix of the latest round of Frosts....these are mostly pix from some seedlings, although i still have clones of the original seed mother plants going..... "

"well....on to a little about the characteristics of the plant.....the Moloka'i Frost is one of my favorite smokes.....i have gone through a number of strains, personally growing out each one, and have found the Frost to be very suited to my style of growing, and suting my tastes very welll.

the original seeds, of which i have clones, are a semi-sweet, florally, somewhat fruity undertones with a tickle up the nose kind of smoke.....the flavor comes through most of the joint, although i haven't had a chance to completely let them cure yet..........thew smoke after exhaling smells beautiful.

the stone is right in the ****ing head.....but not paranoia....not really sociable either....not trippy....just stoned, but high rocked in the head, not in the body.....although it hits the body hard if smoking A LOT........

the seedlings are much the same, with a little more variance, which is what i was searching for in the first place.......some are more stinky fruity, others have some of the same minty smells as the seed mother plants.....alll good.

the yield is low, unless vegged out to a proper size.....

one of the BEST parts of this plant is the finishing time.......i have pulled clones outdoor in Hawai'i's ....very quick for what seems to be a purely Sativa strain....don't believe all of the hype people....grow what you know, and enjoy what you grow!....."

most of this info is still good, i haven't grown it indoors yet still, but others have and have had good and bad results, there is some hermy in the strain...although i thought i had been doing a good job of breeding that to a minimum, but we will see with this current grow.

finally, some pictures of the pure frost at different times :)

aloha everyone, e komo mai (come inside) :wave:

TFH

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
my ic is messin up automatically signin me out and won't let me upload pics but I wanted to get dibs on in this thread. I love the frost!

I gave my last 3 pure frost seeds to a friend because I was worried about them not poppin with age. :( and they didn't.

But I still have moloka'i frost x hawaiian sativa and that should be stellar. especially the f2's. hopefully I can find a Mfrosty pheno with a more HS growth pattern.

If you ever get the chance to get that Hawaiian Sativa from fed don't pass it up! Stellar. absolutely f'n stellar.

Anyway just saying much love to the pakalolo scene. and glad to see up a new thread. When it gets larger I'll add it's link to the Ultimate Sativa Thread for ya where it'll help it stay seen.

aloha braddah

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alright motaco my old friend, sounds good...welcome to the thread!!....i wouldn't mind trying out that Hawaiian Sativa....i haven't ordered in a while...and i just got a bunch of DC hybrids sent my way...sooo...:)...there is so much i want to grow, but not enough time and space....:) mahalo for coming in to the thread bro....it should be a nice little ride....i plan on vegging out some big mamma Frosts to get some sensimillia at a med friedn's place....i can grow um out as big as i want to, right in the ground....that is the shit.....most of the tastiest stuff i have tasted around here was grown right in the ground....most people just grow in pots here nowadays because of the transportability of it all....you can take it out of the rain and all that.....but i think the best ones are right in the earth.....that should be pleasant, as i can't remember if i actually have put one of my mamma Frosts in the ground before...i have done that with other Frost crosses....but not with the pure....that should be an experience....soon...:)

anywhoo...i have a tray of Frost seedlings going now...they look good at the start....i am hoping to get some of these out to my friends and get some feedback when they are all done....i am going to tell them to keep any good looking males they might have for me....i want to go back to the mamma Frost already....that is the original for me...and i want all other Frosts to reflect her.....i think i am over trying to breed her for the indoors....i just want Her to be Her.....:D....it's my new, holistic way of thinking!

alright Frost growers....here we go....again :D

Grandpa L

DaFlyingHawyn, I have 5 MF seeds from Mota Rebel, are they the real deal or am I spittin' in the wind? Thanks Loran

TheFlyinHaWyn!

hey guys...aloha and welcome to the thread. i hope to at least partially record my current grow through the whole veg/bloom period, but we'll see how many actually make the distance, and where...:D

hey grandpaL...if those are from Mota, then they should be good to go....Mota got his Frosts from Pacific, who got it from me when she traded me some strains back when...the ones i gave her were from my original seedstock that i first made when i grew the original Frosts out and made seeds....they should be close to how the Frost stature should look...good luck bro!

ok, made some room in the vegging cab to drop my seedlings under the HPS, but i have been having some ****ed up shit happeneing in the cab lately, so i hope there's nothing in there that affects the Frosts too much...the mamma clone and a couple of other clones i have in there are alright so far....ok...aloha sunday everyone!!

Kenny Lingus

Hi Frosties!

Hi Frosties!

wow, is still around on-line...-and at good peoples hands it seems :headbange

Had only a sick'ish clone from af, and it looked just like yours in budstructure and colour. (Carrot cake scented in bloom and kinda sweet fruity and pepper tinged at the cured stage. (Sadly the succeding clones where not strong enuff to survive my unattended growroom, so the cut just died out...)

I had toked it all up and almost forgotten about it... Untill one day when a young kitten boy came visiting our flat. He searched around the whole place -hi and lo- as most cats do when at a new location. Then the second day he came by we observed him scratching crazily with them little paws, trying to get his claws on something under the chest that raised on old encyclopedias serving as a coffee table. Curiously we checked it out and -goddammit- it was half a gram of molokaii frost bud. :rasta:
Little bugger kept hanging around there 4-5days untill he finally didn't show up anymore (assume he found better weed somewhere else, or just somethingh completely different... Who knows. Maybe he just found back home to the people he lived with. Miss him tho'
:redface: )

Keep the sugar freezing over growers!!!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

eh kenny, aloha, mahalo (thanks) for the story...:)...the Frost is still alive and kicking...i got bit by the "i just typed up a whole paragraph of shit and didn't copy it before i tried to post it and then lost the post' bug :D

****ing technology...sometimes it needs i kick in the ass...anywhoo...i was going to talk about how i plan to seed this round, but maybe i will think about it again and post it later :) alright everyone...all of you Frost heads out there....take er easy and git er done!!

aloha, and be safe....TFH

Grandpa L

Thanks for the info TFH. I'll for sure pop those and keep the best mom and possibly a dad if one looks good enough. Peace, Grandpa L

TheFlyinHaWyn!

no problems grandpa L...good luck on your grow, and i hope she does you well...aloha!

sooo, i don't see anything really special standing out yet...maybe only one thing...i usually rub the stems of my seedlings during their vegging stage to see if i can get any smells, usually most of them don't have anything....most of these Frosts have a light to no smell yet when rubbing the stems...but there is one in there that is strong of ginger, like my mamma plant when her stem is rubbed....sweet ginger/type smell always comes off of her stem smell :D one of the seedlings has this strong smell coming off of it...i will need to do more research.....i know it is there because i was smoking a stanky joint after rolling it up in the room, and i could still smell the smell on my fingers after smoking and rubbing the stem...lol...aloha!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

everything is moving right along...found some spots to throw down some Frosties...i have a schromFrost right now in short season that is looking to go donkey dick style, even though it is in the early stages of bud.....nice....aloha everyone!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

alright....i wish i had access to a camera, but for now, no access, and no pix....i wanted to show a group shot of them before they had to go out....sooo 6 out of 8 pots have been dropped out into the guerilla...they are pretty safe spots, but you never know....i am looking for a killer male, without the reverse hermie that sometimes happens within the male side.....i still have two pots in veg....both have a couple of plants in them....when they went out, they were about 8-12 nodes, and were under the lights for about a month and a half....i still have the mamma in clone form, and want to breed this male with the mamma to go back to the source.....alright aloha everyone...i will get some pix one day....i hope...lol!!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

oh, and i just harvested a really bad representation of the mamma...she couldn't get any light in her place, and i just decided to cut her...she has the smell...it will be interesting to see how she tastes and stones me....again....i always miss her when i don't have her....i forget how she tastes sometimes, and how she hits.....:)...alright aloha hou!!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

so that SchromFrost is looking a really good, and smelling really schroomy at this point....:D...i think it'll come down next week, probably only get about a zip or so, but i'm hoping that it comes out in the taste...this one is right in the ground....that should make a difference in the taste....the Frosts i have are doing well, growing bigger in veg...i only have 3 Frosts now in veg in two different pots...i have a small number (3-5) of my mamma frosts and plan to throw those out when one of my seedlings turn male...then it is open pollenating time.....ok....everyone take care....i will find a camera soon.....aloha!!

Ganico

Veteran
Thanks for the update, HaWyn

Good luck with everything, and maybe you'll even get a couple males

Anyway, this is real important shit and much appreciation for preserving this line. This is the real shit

TheFlyinHaWyn!

fuking finally!!...shit been trying for long time to post photos...alright...well....i will post more later hopefully....:) :bashhead:

her is one of the two pots of frost i have left in veg....this is the larger one with only one in the pot....

TheFlyinHaWyn!

ok...so that one in the picture might be a male....but i not sure yet, i probably going drop um out, but i gotta find one good place first, we see, i need one male, but this one has been vegging long time, and is giong to be big if i put it out like this...i could take cuts, but i am almost on time for pollenation of my mamma clones.....and i'm not sure he's a 'he' yet.......BUT......one of the other two Frosts in the other pot is a female, so at least i going have some nice Frost to smoke soon....:)....so many things to think about, so little time to think about them in the time it takes me to think about such things...which is minisculey large.....:D aloha from paradise...:D Mele Kalikimaka!!

Latest posts

Latest posts