What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My first time Drysifting with Bubblebox

F

Fermented

Maybe One day in the Name of Science��
You have to do it to experience the fantastic high you get from 95+% dry sifted resin.The difference in the high between resin that is sifted one time over a single screen compared to re-sifted resin made with 3 or 4 screens similar to the purity that Fakir made is immense. Pure resin hits way harder than the same amount of resin contaminated with lots of broken up plant matter.

Fakir...you can sift in Summer or any time with an Air Con (or a dehumidifier for cool damp weather)) and aged material. A/C will dry and cool the room making it more suitable for sifting. The most important part of sifting for purity (or quantity for that matter) is aged plant materia. Plant material dries in weeks, but resin heads require months to be brittle enough to break off cleanly and freely without sticking or smearing.

happy Sifting!

elrey

Have a Ryot box, been wanting The Bubbleman box for a minute. Can’t find one to buy anywhere. Anyone got a reputable plug?

F

Fermented

I've got a RYOT dual screen box too, this one is about 7" x 7" and while it won't produce as clean a resin as the Bubble box, but you can still re-sift several times to get very clean resin with the right technique and good starting material.

Fakir710

Plant matter was cured for 3 months

If you tried sifting under the same conditions with the same technique with plant matter that was only dried for 3 weeks, you would most likely not achieve the same purity.

Only heads yield where less than 1%, from 8-10 grams less than 0.25 grams,

I love smoking very pure resin heads...but without pounds of free quality trim or bud to sift, that's just not possible for me so with the limited amount of plant matter available so I aim for good quality with maximum yield which means I get enough good quality resin that zings my forehead and warms my ears for a week or three and not just a few bowls of fantastic, mind blowing resin that is finished in a day.

First I lightly sift to get clean resin heads, then re-work the plant matter to separate most of the remaining resin. The 2nd sift is re-sifted several times to remove contaminants and then it is combined with the first sift, that's how get good quality with maximum yield.

The problem with keeping the first and second sifts separated is that the quality of the high of the first makes the second sift very unsatisfying, when you combine the two you get a much better overall experience that lasts way longer.

Yeah absolutely, Also i noticed that i gotta let the plant matter dry well for at least a day at 40rh before freezing it, because if you use 62 percent RH, the weed becomes fluffy after getting out from the freezer.

I don't usually mix the heads with the other screens. I mix the hash on the second screen with the hash below the last screen, just like a full espectrum. And i smoke it like traditional hash, the flavour is insane. Absolutely concentrate and flowery, depends on the variety right? But always is like a x50.

Regards.

Very nice Work fakir👍
I personally are more of a 'stocking over a Bucket' sifter. Going for Maximum Yield with Good Quality. But i Love to look at the Kaviar..
Maybe One day in the Name of Science😉

Take care

Hi Haze*ekiel420, same as fermented said. Pure heads > Everything else. In terms of flavour, effect, experience and texture. But this is just my ipinon. If you shift good plant matter you are going to get very nice hash even with a single mesh.

Fakir710

Maybe One day in the Name of Science��
You have to do it to experience the fantastic high you get from 95+% dry sifted resin.The difference in the high between resin that is sifted one time over a single screen compared to re-sifted resin made with 3 or 4 screens similar to the purity that Fakir made is immense. Pure resin hits way harder than the same amount of resin contaminated with lots of broken up plant matter.

Fakir...you can sift in Summer or any time with an Air Con (or a dehumidifier for cool damp weather)) and aged material. A/C will dry and cool the room making it more suitable for sifting. The most important part of sifting for purity (or quantity for that matter) is aged plant materia. Plant material dries in weeks, but resin heads require months to be brittle enough to break off cleanly and freely without sticking or smearing.

happy Sifting!

bsolutely, thanks for the dehumidifier trick, i did't though about it, so maybe i'm gonna try to do some summer sift, cause i'm getting empty oh hash.

What is your favourite method for smoking pure heads? I like ti press them in partchment paper and dab them. Did you ever try the herborizer for dabbing heads? Looks super nice.

Latest posts

Latest posts