What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Capturing Sound off a Netflix DVD

St. Phatty

I want to somehow download the sound off a Netflix DVD.

There is a song I don't know the name of, that I want to use in a Powerpoint type presentation.

I have captured sound files off of audio CD's in the past, using Windows media player or something like that.

Perhaps one option is buying Camtasia.
https://www.techsmith.com/store/cam...665&utm_content=58548108855&utm_term=camtasia

$250.

I have Audacity from Soundforge. I also have some sound file format converter programs.

So I can work with almost any audio format for the raw audio.

The best I've been able to get so far is using a microphone and Sound Recorder on a laptop next to the computer that is playing the song.

That's LOW-FI.

Does anybody know a low-cost way to get the Hi-fi version of the audio ?

I am trying to get the name of the song. But it's not in the credits.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What’s the programme called mate?,,
I have a look when I know,,,s2

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
There is a song I don't know the name of, that I want to use in a Powerpoint type presentation.

Did you checked the soundtrack infos around the web for it?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
You got an android phone? If you do the ok google thing to get it to voice search, and it hears a song in the background it will pop up in the bottom an icon and if you click that it will listen for 5-10 seconds then identify the song. I've had great luck with it even grabbing underground rap that nobody would know.
https://www.greenbot.com/article/28...ew-search-history-on-android-and-the-web.html
This will only work if it's a "real" song though. If it's part of the score and was made for the show/movie it won't find it. Then your best bet is ripping it directly from whatever scenes the song plays in. What is the name of the show/movie and what is the timestamp of the song?

St. Phatty

You got an android phone? If you do the ok google thing to get it to voice search, and it hears a song in the background it will pop up in the bottom an icon and if you click that it will listen for 5-10 seconds then identify the song.

This will only work if it's a "real" song though. If it's part of the score and was made for the show/movie it won't find it. Then your best bet is ripping it directly from whatever scenes the song plays in. What is the name of the show/movie and what is the timestamp of the song?

I have an Android phone, but I never use the Android part - I just use it as a camera. I could take it somewhere where there's a wireless network and then, if I bought a new laptop, play the sound.

That sounds a little involved.

It's Breaking Bad, the episode named "Breakage".

2nd season, 5th Episode. About 12:50 before the end.

It's the music sound-track they play when Jesse's friends are outselling meth.

Literally, it's the meth-selling music.

It's a great little song.

troutman

Seed Whore
This may help you and I think your song is Peanut Vendor.

https://breakingbad.fandom.com/wiki/Breakage

Featured Music:

Hook 'Em Horns by Johnny Ringo (playing in Jesse's new car as he pulls up outside Jane's apartments)

Schraderbräu by Dean Norris (as Hank) (Hank sings as he bottles his home brew, Schraderbräu, in his garage)

Lonesome Road by Big Jack Johnson (with Kim Wilson and Pinetop Perkins) (in the background, outside at Hank and Marie's house)

Peanut Vendor by Alvin Red Tyler (during the montage where Badger, Combo, and Skinny Pete sell the meth)

Peanut Vendor - Alvin Red Tyler

If that's the song click here and download it for free.

https://video.genyoutube.net/0PpBB0ZJM3s

Stizo

Veteran
Audio hijack. Think the company is Amoeba. Free to rip soundfrom any app if under a few minutes

St. Phatty

Audio hijack. Think the company is Amoeba. Free to rip soundfrom any app if under a few minutes

Thanks everybody, and Welcome Stizo !

Amoeba so far only writes for the Mac, but it's good to know.

I re-read the Sound Recorder instructions. Sounds like it's rather microphone oriented.

Anyway, I downloaded 2 or 3 Youtube's of Peanut Vendor. Some of them are definitely higher-fi than the others.

Separated out the audio, using AVS Audio Converter maybe.

Also I'm downloading iTunes. It looks like I can buy the song from Apple

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-peanut-vendor/370928500?i=370928568

Stizo

Veteran
Thanks everybody, and Welcome Stizo !

Cheers St. Couldn't work out if you're welcoming me to the thread or to the site. I've been a quiet member for a while - that sounds quite phallic - 'quiet member'. Any road. Thanks. Mucho appreciando'd. Always peaks interest when people are fucking with audio. Enjoy!

St. Phatty

Cheers St. Couldn't work out if you're welcoming me to the thread or to the site. I've been a quiet member for a while - that sounds quite phallic - 'quiet member'. Any road. Thanks. Mucho appreciando'd. Always peaks interest when people are fucking with audio. Enjoy!

I just saw the 27 posts, didn't notice the 2011 join date.

UPDATE -

I ended up signing up for iTunes, paid the $1.29, and downloaded Peanut Vendor from the iTunes store.

Then used AVS Audio Converter to convert it to a *.wav, so I could use it in the Library in a Flash file.

Now I just have to pay $60 for AVS video Converter (to get a clean *.wav without their time-stamp.)

Anyway, "Science is Vindicated", sort of.

Robney

Just wanna throw this out there, if you can open a video in QuickTime, you can then save it as just an audio file

Latest posts

Latest posts