What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
personally .... i hate those plastic nets ! PIA to set up & take down . they never seem to stay tight etc .....

onavelzy

Veteran
personally .... i hate those plastic nets ! PIA to set up & take down . they never seem to stay tight etc .....

yeah, i am coming from the land of zero practical experience. i just searched for mesh size.

while she is setting this up, i have a question for both of you as i try to think my way through my preparation:

Dan, I see you set up your pvc frame with three way corner pieces. I was thinking four way corners would leave open the option of an easy add on second tier if needed. The open end could be capped until/unless needed. Saves breaking down and rebuilding a frame if the stretch overdoes the planning? worst case scenario, the fittings cost a couple of dollars more

Aspenou812

Veteran
yea thats exactly what i'm doing i will have 2 layers for sure and possibly a third..... Depending on how my babies stretch, I still have to up the pot size at some point before i run the shock cord AKA: Bungee cord for my trellis. The frame is done and i'm working on the distribution system for my irrigation system now. the 3 inch holes are my preference, 2 inch is to small and anything larger than 3 inches is too big, i want to keep it tight. (The Canopy) the benefit of the shock cord is that it's round and gentle on the plants stretches if needed to and is strong enough provide support, I will be letting the plants grow through the trellis in vege and tying the tops and branches where i want them before the flip. the second layer will support the stretch and buds weight...... if i've thought all this out right...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Ive been busy as hell trying to stay ahead of these plants

Ive been busy as hell trying to stay ahead of these plants

At some point this all became very serious for me. My desire to grow my own meds. Tonight i realised that it was all happening.... I have alot of thought and planning in this grow and i hope it shows.... It's what DREAMS are made of for me!

Yea that just happened....

all ready to receive the custom bungee trellis....... waiting

Aspenou812

Veteran

All done for tonight guys...... just fed them at 1.0 EC 5.8 ph and sprayed them all down with my epson foliar... GROW BABIES GROW....
Good Night Guys Stay Sexy

mango420

Right on! Once you get going with multi feeds you will really see a difference in the growth rates. I can't remember are you in straight coco?

catalyte

Veteran
great work! the time you put in WILL 100% show in the end result. (from over 13yrs growing exp.)

and i really dig your drip system. Very clean and orderly. Your plants will thank you. :yes:
Now all ya gotta do is keep the variables in check: temp, RH, PH and EC!! Also don't forget air circulation (optimal is 2x per minute exchange in your Cubic footage area) and optimal distance from bulb to plant tops

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, i am coming from the land of zero practical experience. i just searched for mesh size.

while she is setting this up, i have a question for both of you as i try to think my way through my preparation:

Dan, I see you set up your pvc frame with three way corner pieces. I was thinking four way corners would leave open the option of an easy add on second tier if needed. The open end could be capped until/unless needed. Saves breaking down and rebuilding a frame if the stretch overdoes the planning? worst case scenario, the fittings cost a couple of dollars more

yeah but i'm having a hard time finding corner pieces like that , you got a link to someone who has them ?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea thats exactly what i'm doing i will have 2 layers for sure and possibly a third..... Depending on how my babies stretch, I still have to up the pot size at some point before i run the shock cord AKA: Bungee cord for my trellis. The frame is done and i'm working on the distribution system for my irrigation system now. the 3 inch holes are my preference, 2 inch is to small and anything larger than 3 inches is too big, i want to keep it tight. (The Canopy) the benefit of the shock cord is that it's round and gentle on the plants stretches if needed to and is strong enough provide support, I will be letting the plants grow through the trellis in vege and tying the tops and branches where i want them before the flip. the second layer will support the stretch and buds weight...... if i've thought all this out right...

you do realize that GG4 stretches for 21 days right ??? thats why i put my nets above them in FLOWER , so the first week & a half , they're stretching up into the net & i can spread the branches out to different holes . then the real bad stretchy branches can be tucked under the net to a hole further away .
hope you have plenty of headroom for the way your planning on doing it !!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
yeah but i'm having a hard time finding corner pieces like that , you got a link to someone who has them ?

You see the upside down t on all 4 corner.... Those are for the next lvl of the scrog. I would have loved those 4 way corners but I had to make it work.

Aspenou812

Veteran
you do realize that GG4 stretches for 21 days right ??? thats why i put my nets above them in FLOWER , so the first week & a half , they're stretching up into the net & i can spread the branches out to different holes . then the real bad stretchy branches can be tucked under the net to a hole further away .
hope you have plenty of headroom for the way your planning on doing it !!!!

How tall are your GG4's when you flip them Dan, and how tall are they after the strech? I will measure them tonight and check my usable space.
At the moment my Scrog top is at 24 inches, but all I have to do is change the upright length, and there not glued together I have the pvc. 3 weeks of strech I hope I can contain all this and not be totally overgrown.

~star~crash~

How tall are your GG4's when you flip them Dan, and how tall are they after the strech? I will measure them tonight and check my usable space.
At the moment my Scrog top is at 24 inches, but all I have to do is change the upright length, and there not glued together I have the pvc. 3 weeks of strech I hope I can contain all this and not be totally overgrown.

Aspen ...YOU are in control...don't let the plants be the one to control you..just continue to follow your instincts along with the expert advise you receive from these members...

you've got the height, but what is your solar thumb-print? how many square feet you actually running down below?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran

at 24" if you let them grow straight up , they'd be at 6' ..... they stretch from double to 3x their size .
i've put the net in at canopy level a few times & it always grows to the point the net is useless . putting it 10" above the girls at flip has helped me tame the stretch by being able to train them through the net as they stretch .
you can & probably will have to put a second net in if you put the first one in at canopy level ..... can you do that & still have the 3' needed between the light & the canopy ?

if you were to flip them now , your screen is about at the right height . but if you plan on vegging for 2 more weeks like you say ..... they're going to be twice as big or more ! then you'll have the stretch to deal with after the flip .

Last edited:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Where the F did ya'll come up wit that auto setup!? Killer setup! I have two hydro halos hooked up to 1/2" hose wit a T and then each end goes to each plant but your setup is great!

How big is your tray?

It would be hard for me to do something like this because I run multiple strains in my 4 x 4 tent so they all are pretty much started at different times.

Nice work!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Where the F did ya'll come up wit that auto setup!? Killer setup! I have two hydro halos hooked up to 1/2" hose wit a T and then each end goes to each plant but your setup is great!

How big is your tray?

It would be hard for me to do something like this because I run multiple strains in my 4 x 4 tent so they all are pretty much started at different times.

Nice work!!

Hiya Bobbo....
The manifold allows you to maintain a constant pressure and output rate at each Hydro Halo if it's set up right. the other end of the setup is a little more complex, you have to run a large pump, i run the Danner Mag Drive pondmaster pumps for this setup i have the 500 gallon per hour. in my testing this manifold was under an ounce of difference in the output between the 6 hydro halos. Yes my pump could burn through my 20 gallon res in less than a minute if left on. It is a high pressure system and the titan recycle timer will time my feeding cycles and the pump will only run for about 10 seconds per cycle. COCO and multi feeds a day say every three hours for 10 seconds at a time..... Ill post pictures of the pump side of the irrigation system when i'm all done with that install......

My drain tray is 4 foot 6 inches square at its widest part there is a condensate pump sitting below the tray so it drains automatically, the trellis is 4 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot, see how the trellis sits in the bottom of the tray and the manifold sits both outside and above the trellis.....

Yea Bobbo mono cropping works best with this system but you could do a sea of green in your tent and automate the Irrigation....