What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Building my 4x22"x7 1000watt grow box

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
The box I have is very solid with a lock on the door and spring loaded hidges for easy maintenance. The door comes off and goes on very quick. I'm using a 1000 watt switchable ballast, air cooled hood,and a carbon filter with a 400 cfm fan. I'm using a a/c unit vented into the box to bring heat levels down remember I'm using a 1000 watt in a 4x 20"x7 scrog area.i will be finishing it up tomorrow. Growing method is a dwc system with a 1157 four valve air pump.strain I will be frowning is female bubblious auto paradise seeds,bombs female thc bomb auto .

Are you worried about light bleach in such a small area with a 1k? You said your using forced a/c have you done test run for temp? It seems like a little over kill why not a 600w instead you'll get more then enough watts per sq. ft.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I had to turn the box into two sections one for cloning and one for begging. I took out the hid and put led and flos in it. In Florida the heat was way to much. I mad a flower room in a 6x2x10 closet with a great exhaust going a very good negative pressure to get the heat out.the box would have worked if I was in a cool environment.100 degree weather here .i must say I had a very bad flaw I was not venting the hot air out side but just out side the box which even made it hotter.i was a nice try and it didn't work. But it's better as a two stage set up anyway .I can keep a cycle going now

Granger2

Veteran
Yeah, that works out to 149+ watts/sq ft., double the light needed. Even 600 gives you almost 90w sq ft. A 400 w gives you about 60 which is good. I like that cabinet and the rest of your set up. Where'd you get it and how much was it. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts