What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you cope with forced sobriety?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I don't mean the kind you experience with getting busted or trying to get or keep a particular job with an employer who has strict drug testing policies. I mean the kind that happens when life for reason beyond your control conspires to have you run out of your stash before you can replenish it.

Due to personal crisis, financial distress and bad luck in the grow room I find myself totally dry and I'm more then 2 months from having a completed harvest. I've already cleaned bongs, pipes, bud grinders, mason jars and anything else that might have had resin built up in them. I have also made and smoke any and all iso hash made from trim as well and so as of today I have no way on my own to get high. I don't have any fellow smokers/growers in the area I could hang out with and/or get turned on by. Nor can I afford to buy any and even if I could it's been so long since I've bought any that I wouldn't know where to buy from if I can afford it.

I know I'll be alright and after a week or two of not having anything the hardcore cravings will greatly subside but I'm still not looking forward to being able to enjoy a good buzz for about 3 months (when you factor in trimming and drying time). So I've been wondering what I'll do to cope and was hoping maybe someone on here might have good ideas on how to get by such a dry spell? There's no synthetic weed in my area and I wouldn't buy that it even if there was and I could afford it.

As I see it the only way to prevent this from being my reality is if someone were to just give me some but I'm not found of asking someone to do that as I know it's hard for people to just give out what they've worked so hard to produce for themselves. Plus there's the whole risk and expense of getting stuff from point a to point b.

So what would you do if you were in my shoes?

E

Eureka Springs Organics

Just smoke a joint, and relax. :)

This is actually a positive thing. Do you know how high you are going to get when you smoke after a 3 month break? :)

HempKat

Veteran
Just smoke a joint, and relax. :)

Now that's cruel :)

This is actually a positive thing. Do you know how high you are going to get when you smoke after a 3 month break? :)

Unfortunately yes, I do know, this is not my first time to this particular dance just, the first time that LEO wasn't responsible. :( That is however one of the compensations to it though. Unfortunately it's fairly short lived and within a month most people are back to their old tolerance levels.

HempKat

Veteran
get out of the house and away from the computer. this site aint the best place to forget about weed

Oh no, I don't want to forget about it. Getting out is a good idea but I'm not one to get out in the winter time especially with this winter being colder then usual in my area. I bet in a former life I was a bear and that hibernation instinct is still floating around somewhere in my psyche. :)

non

Veteran
i would wait until i have more, i've never had weed cravings. sugar,alcohol,coffee now that's hard but weed no, sometimes long intentional breaks of couple months. of course people are different.

toolwrenchus

i stop getting the urge to smoke after a couple days...

read a good book, working out or running helps a LOT

cook your meals from scratch at home (takes up time)

fill up your day with activity and keep your mind busy; you wont need to smoke :)

also after the 3 weeks of non smoking, half a bowl will get you good.

its been a couple months since i started smoking daily again and a bowl still gets me! :cool:

supermanlives

Veteran
I will let you know as it might happen to me soon ... the sorry as few tiny plants I got wont keep me going and my last lb is almost gone ,28 grams of hash reserved tho....

THC123

Veteran
so what the hell, its not like you need weed to live

I have an endless stash but I often quit for 6-8 weeks to get it out of the system.

After that you can really enjoy smoking again

Keep yourself busy with growing and sports or whatever

HempKat

Veteran
so what the hell, its not like you need weed to live

I have an endless stash but I often quit for 6-8 weeks to get it out of the system.

After that you can really enjoy smoking again

Keep yourself busy with growing and sports or whatever

I know but it's an entirely different matter to quit because you want to and you're just cleaning your system out. If you have a stash there's something about knowing it's there whenever you want it that makes abstinence in that situation easier then when you have no choice or options.

I'm not sitting here saying my life is going to come to an end I'm just asking what others do to cope with these types of situations because I'll freely admit I don't know it all and someone else might have a good idea.

R

Raw_Dog

Smoke some sage. Pineapple sage is great, most people don't know the difference in a spliff.

HempKat

Veteran
I will let you know as it might happen to me soon ... the sorry as few tiny plants I got wont keep me going and my last lb is almost gone ,28 grams of hash reserved tho....

I don't know, I think I could stretch out 28 grams of hash for 3 months I've survived on old previously sifted trim and cleaning out my bud grinder since the end of last summer.

HempKat

Veteran
i stop getting the urge to smoke after a couple days...

read a good book, working out or running helps a LOT

cook your meals from scratch at home (takes up time)

fill up your day with activity and keep your mind busy; you wont need to smoke :)

Yeah that's what I'll do my best to do as it's only when I'm idle that I really find it bothering me much.

Classic Seeds

Veteran
hi hempkat I don't envy you your situation ,but if you find other things to do the time will pass quickly and you will be back in front of the bong before you know it .if you can not wait ask a friend to loan you a little against your next harvest outside of that I can offer no other advice except find other things to do to fill your spare time with that will take your mind else where .good call on not getting the synto poison even if you could its not buds it chemicals and dangerous for the users aloha cls

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Walk down to the nearest park or river and do your best to look forlorn.
The first person that asks you what the matter is will give you a bud or a joint.

THC123

Veteran
I know but it's an entirely different matter to quit because you want to and you're just cleaning your system out. If you have a stash there's something about knowing it's there whenever you want it that makes abstinence in that situation easier then when you have no choice or options.

I'm not sitting here saying my life is going to come to an end I'm just asking what others do to cope with these types of situations because I'll freely admit I don't know it all and someone else might have a good idea.

Well even though i quit because i decided to, Ill tell you what I do when I dont smoke.

I try to stay real busy till about 20.00 o clock and then i say relax time and I watch a movie, eat and drink some herbal tea with nightblossom, or other herbs that help with sleep and as soon as i feel my eyes get heavy I lay down.

These types of herbs dont work like weed but they will make your eyes heavy, itchy

After the first 2 weeks I get used to not smoking and then I reall get tired in the evenings and I sleep real good.

The first 2 weeks I feel like I have too much energy and I often think about weed.
After 2 weeks I always get a period that I feel really tired all the time, that lasts about another 2 weeks. During this period the cravings have gone away.

Then I feel fine and can stay without for a really long time without even thinkin bout it.

Try to do sports daily at least 20 minutes. Like a good walk, jogging session, bike session, swimming, working out.

This will get it out of your system quicker and will make you feel energetic and euphoric and at night you will get tired.

Good luck, I will quit from the 15th again for 8-10 weeks cuz I wanna do tests for the airforce

RoadRash

I mean the kind that happens when life for reason beyond your control conspires to have you run out of your stash before you can replenish it.

I completely feel your pain.

Same thing happened to me.

I'm down to budcrumbs, which I guess some people call 'shake'.

It reminds me how much better I function with good Cannabis.

My mental "A" game ?

I remember having one of those.

For me, the beautiful pictures at IC Mag help.

I do wonder if I'm addicted to Cannabis. "You say that like it's a bad thing". :)

I don't mean it like a bad thing. I mean, it's easier for me to 'eat math' (my term for 3D programming, like video games), and to relax, when I have access to quality Cannabis.

I find I have to reduce my goals, when I temporarily lose access to good medicine. I don't even try to get much work done in the afternoon.

Latest posts

Latest posts