What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

scams using paypal

supermanlives

Veteran
using paypal on anything not off ebay is not guaranteed..... FWIW I am helping a friend sell his ride online.. he was contacted by buyer who wanted him to get paypal account... I smelled scam in his first five words, cant go into details but I saved my friend from loosing it all.. he don't know how close he came ...peace... don't ever tell me you are on religious retreat and so you cant personally inspect but will send shipper... I hate religion lol... get creative and say your growing dope in the hills and ya got a chance

J

johndoe123

don't ever tell me you are on religious retreat and so you cant personally inspect but will send shipper... I hate religion lol... get creative and say your growing dope in the hills and ya got a chance
:laughing: Aint that the truth brother... About 8years ago my buddy got caught in a scam buying two Jap street bikes from the UK. Long story short no lube included with the deal.....:moon:

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a joker try n scam me using paypal as well when i sold my ride last year. Said he was a marine boilogist out at sea.

supermanlives

Veteran
ya my friend aint so computer friendly and don't know much.. he had me contact the guy. took me like 3 seconds to know it was bullshit... even if it was he was catholic prob no sale anyhow lol.. only kiddin believe whatever yall want.just don't preach to me ..I find my higher power in the wilderness not a building

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
recently sold my '72 Cougar & had it listed on CraigsList. A very sweet wife wanting to buy the car as a gift for her soldier husband returning from Afghanistan contacted me. Oh boy, the names I called his mother, the things I wished on his mother hehehe.......

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Paypal is great as a buyer, but it is set up massively in favour of buyers vs sellers. I do use it, because it is so damned convenient, but I sure as fuck wouldn't accept is as payment from someone I didn't know well. Fuck selling things on ebay too. Listing fees, fees for pics, cut of the price, then paypal get their bite too....balls to that.

supermanlives

Veteran
I have used paypal to pay for things,but superman likes cash.. even if ya bring cashiers check we go to bank where I get cash before you get goods... I aint stupid